Capital One Cup 15/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. I'm fine. There is a gap.

If there is, it's perhaps a pixel, although it's impossible to tell what's the edge of the ball and what's the grass on the image JD posted, so it seems to be touching to me.

I think you need to fix your eyes then.
I think it's out. Not by much but it is.
Another insignificant angle.

The amount of people who don't realise the rule about what constitutes in play astounds me.
Irrelevant would be the better word. That shows the ball out but it's a deceptive angle as you won't be able to see if there's any part of the ball hovering over the line.

I thought it was in. Just. The whole ball has to be out, not just the part of the ball touching the ground. The whole circumference of the ball needs to be over the line. It's awfully close but looks in for me.

Doesnt matter anyways, Everton were s**t.

If there is, it's perhaps a pixel, although it's impossible to tell what's the edge of the ball and what's the grass on the image JD posted, so it seems to be touching to me.

Let's be realistic. With what you or I can see at first glance it should have been flagged for crossing the line.

Let's be realistic. With what you or I can see at first glance it should have been flagged for crossing the line.
Why? My first instinct live was it didn't go out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? My first instinct live was it didn't go out.

Out of bounds calls are treated differently to offsides. If there's any doubt that the ball was no longer in play linesman are instructed to flag. I can't see how any reasonable person would say that they had no doubts at all about the ball still being in play.

Out of bounds calls are treated differently to offsides. If there's any doubt that the ball was no longer in play linesman are instructed to flag. I can't see how any reasonable person would say that they had no doubts at all about the ball still being in play.
Never heard that interpretation, particularly given how many decisions I've seen where the ball is borderline out and the linesman doesn't flag.

Can't see us winning, but if we get some players back then we might be an outside chance.

Will City even sell out their Wembley allocation? :$

They'll sell out their allocation, that's all that matters.

Due to inclement weather or a public transport strike confined solely to the eastern side of the City of Manchester only half of them will actually rock up on the day mind you, but they'll sell out their allocation nonetheless.

And that Sterling decision last night was a flip of a coin. If it was out, it would've been by fractions of a centimeter at most. Absolutely no way any referee could've accurately made a call on that in real time. You'd need Hawkeye to get that sort of decision right with any degree of consistency.

In any case as someone pointed out, Everton benefited from a questionable call against City earlier in the season so even if this was the wrong decision, they can't really complain too much.

I wonder if people would care so much if it was against Colchester, rather than Man City.

Not really sure of the sense in this comment. It's a significant moment in a significant match. Regardless of the teams involved, if the context was the same it would be just as significant.

I can't believe people bitch and whinge about crowd figures.

The semi final isn't included in the season ticket holder games. So if you're a City fan, would you prefer to spend extra money on a semi final (against a team that already visits once a season) or save your money for a European team that you wouldn't normally get to see?

Let's not forget it already costs an arm an a leg for the season ticket. To then throw on extra purchases for cup ties and European fixtures...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back