Capricornia league

Remove this Banner Ad

hmmmm.......

have you hit up Bendigo Bank at all for sponsorship? Them or NAB....I know the former manager from here and he reckons they're pushing that 'footifying australia' campaign pretty hard. I would definitely be a convert if it meant I didn't have to read about the bulls every week

I think probably the window for that has past this season. There is only really 1 more round left and then final. I do all the design work here and have a bit of a say in content. I will definitely be putting in AFL news and such when we get closer to finals.

I just talked to my boss now. Because we are now an online paper we can pretty much do what we want with page numbers and what not. Anyway, she said if I want I can put in a page of local AFL every week. I think I might send an email to people at all the clubs saying if they want to write something every week I will see what I can do. We can also have a preview and results and the week before. Not completely sure if it will work out, I might give it a go though.

I think probably the window for that has past this season. There is only really 1 more round left and then final. I do all the design work here and have a bit of a say in content. I will definitely be putting in AFL news and such when we get closer to finals.

I just talked to my boss now. Because we are now an online paper we can pretty much do what we want with page numbers and what not. Anyway, she said if I want I can put in a page of local AFL every week. I think I might send an email to people at all the clubs saying if they want to write something every week I will see what I can do. We can also have a preview and results and the week before. Not completely sure if it will work out, I might give it a go though.

A suggestion that you could set aside a story section for each club every two weeks or so, juniors seniors volunteers.... the canteen lady predicts the finals etc.

Also how do I set up my footer so it is there on every post? Or just point me in the right direction. That would be great.

Also how do I set up my footer so it is there on every post? Or just point me in the right direction. That would be great.

Top right where your name is hover the mouse over it then click on signature.

I will have to see what I can do. I'm not to sure how I would get it to work exactly.

Do it in the pre-season or early season, when you travel to Happyrock or BITS do a fan of the week?

Oh yeah, any publicity is good publicity. The bully has had issues covering our code for many years, from the horribly biased, to being written by an enthusiast of the world game, to being flat out unable to string a sentence together.

I'm already editor-in-chief of our club's little gameday rag. I'm sure you could always squeeze a few paragraphs out of me

did you make an appearance on the weekend simo? was a good contest until the injury break, a few fireworks on the field carried over from an incident on the piss and some enjoyable banter in the crowd...fairly predictable result though. juniors are showing a heap of improvement too

Hi Guys,
Whats everyones predictions for Grand Final this yr A grade & B grade
mine are Bits v Swans in A grade & Panthers v Gladstone in B grade???

probably depends in part on where the finals are played. does anyone know this yet?

bits are a lock in A grade, and look to be coming good in the seconds as well. yeppoon and glenmore's games against us probably haven't given all that much away (but how can you tell two teams apart when they're cutting you up by 30 goals?). they'll meet in the finals at some point, and hopefully there's a few fireworks. it'll only be down to whoever shows up more willing on the day. is hawke the only one still to come back into that side?

gonna say bits-yeppoon in the ones, and bits-panthers in the twos.

probably depends in part on where the finals are played. does anyone know this yet?

bits are a lock in A grade, and look to be coming good in the seconds as well. yeppoon and glenmore's games against us probably haven't given all that much away (but how can you tell two teams apart when they're cutting you up by 30 goals?). they'll meet in the finals at some point, and hopefully there's a few fireworks. it'll only be down to whoever shows up more willing on the day. is hawke the only one still to come back into that side?

gonna say bits-yeppoon in the ones, and bits-panthers in the twos.

The Fist week of the Finals are at the Muddies Ground 3 v 4
The Second week is at Boyne1 v 2 and the Prelim is at Glenmore
Grand Final at Panthers Ground
Yeppoon had 5 out against Brothers on weekend but u can only play with
whats available at the time due to work,injuries,suspension those sort of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fist week of the Finals are at the Muddies Ground 3 v 4
The Second week is at Boyne1 v 2 and the Prelim is at Glenmore
Grand Final at Panthers Ground
Yeppoon had 5 out against Brothers on weekend but u can only play with
whats available at the time due to work,injuries,suspension those sort of things.
looks like 3v4 is either at Brothers or Yeppoon as Gladstone Ground unavailable

Looking forward to Muddies vs Panthers tomorrow in the reserves. This will decide the minor premiership. Should be an awesome game. Should maybe (hopefully) be playing.

Also we were told the finals were as follows:

1st week at Brothers
2nd weed at BITS
3rd week at Glenmore
Grand Final at Panthers

did you make an appearance on the weekend simo? was a good contest until the injury break, a few fireworks on the field carried over from an incident on the piss and some enjoyable banter in the crowd...fairly predictable result though. juniors are showing a heap of improvement too

This was verse Brothers? Sorry I didn't see that anyone had commented here. I played in the reserves that week. I don't think I will ever get to the A's.

Yeah, we've been given the final at Brothers. Seems a fairly common sense decision by the league given the first semi is glenmore v panthers

Well Muddies got the minor premiership in the ressies. They definitely played better then us today. Well deserved of that effort.

Could be interesting, they generally don't travel well.

The ones is glenmore v yeppoon too..hopefully some fireworks for us neutrals. depends which team is more interested in playing football. I'm gonna say bits in the twos and yeppoon in the ones

From what I heard I think Boyne beat Panthers by 23 points and I think Glenmore beat Swans by 16. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just a note to those that follow the league that Micky J (yes, him) finished his first marathon (yes, marathon) last week in a belting time of 4:17. It's been an incredible transformation, so please join me in congratulating him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back