Captaincy announcement: Grimes steps down from Co-Captain role

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the announcement, I personally prefer one captain but I'll trust in Roos. Dawes not being there isn't really an issue for me (Or hopefully him) he's the type of player that would keep playing like he has been (I feel like I'm in the minority in that when he actually played last year he was good, just injuries wrecked the first half of the season) with or without the position.

Hopefully it makes Dawesy hungrier, which I think it may do. He'd wanna prove to e team mates and the new staff and players that he is worth the $ he's on and that he's a true leader.

I would love to see Dawesy rip someones head off in a QB match. It's our BIG one, so seeing him rip his old team apart would be nice!

Dawes not being there isn't really an issue for me (Or hopefully him) he's the type of player that would keep playing like he has been (I feel like I'm in the minority in that when he actually played last year he was good, just injuries wrecked the first half of the season) with or without the position.
Yeah this is how I feel about it too. I feel as though if you had to leave someone out Dawesy would be the best option because being in the leadership group would have little influence on how he plays/leads anyway.

Hopefully it makes Dawesy hungrier, which I think it may do. He'd wanna prove to e team mates and the new staff and players that he is worth the $ he's on and that he's a true leader.

I would love to see Dawesy rip someones head off in a QB match. It's our BIG one, so seeing him rip his old team apart would be nice!
QB is just another game for me, I want to see Dawesy and the whole team rip teams apart week in week out.

Or that he was 7th in line.

Or he was 45th in line, who's to say, my point is that its a huge gulf between 'i want to be captain' to missing out on the leadership group all together.

Dont see the big deal anyway, why people care if Dawes isnt in there. He's an average to slightly above average player on a good to very good players salary. If he deserved to be there he would have been. I dont hate Dawes, i just think he's soft (for a bloke his size), injury plagued, over payed and overrated.

If missing the leadership group hardens him up and helps him justify his salary, fan ******* tastic, if he gets the sooks up because of it, well, that will only prove my point. I hope its the former.

Or he was 45th in line, who's to say, my point is that its a huge gulf between 'i want to be captain' to missing out on the leadership group all together.

Dont see the big deal anyway, why people care if Dawes isnt in there. He's an average to slightly above average player on a good to very good players salary. If he deserved to be there he would have been. I dont hate Dawes, i just think he's soft (for a bloke his size), injury plagued, over payed and overrated.

If missing the leadership group hardens him up and helps him justify his salary, fan ******* tastic, if he gets the sooks up because of it, well, that will only prove my point. I hope its the former.

Being injury prone doesn't make you soft , that would mean grimes garland rivers and Clark are all soft

Dawes earned my respect the way he worked on the field , he may not be the best player but I genuinely think he gives a damn about this club

Being injury prone doesn't make you soft , that would mean grimes garland rivers and Clark are all soft

Dawes earned my respect the way he worked on the field , he may not be the best player but I genuinely think he gives a damn about this club

Separate, injury prone and soft. On the field Dawes is built like Tarzan and plays like Jane. Nothing to do with being injury prone.

Separate, injury prone and soft. On the field Dawes is built like Tarzan and plays like Jane. Nothing to do with being injury prone.

When has he ever played soft , the bloke hit contests hard quite often and ran himself into the ground , he was a poor mans nick riewoldt which is nothin to be ashamed of

When has he ever played soft , the bloke hit contests hard quite often and ran himself into the ground , he was a poor mans nick riewoldt which is nothin to be ashamed of

I beg to differ. His work rate is fine, always has been, but hitting packs, hmmm yea nah.

I refuse to say that about Dawes. Mostly because that was Ben Holland in a nutshell and Dawes is head and shoulders above him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure you've never watched a game of football.

Same could be said about you. I mean sure you've 'watched football' but probably not very closely.

I refuse to say that about Dawes. Mostly because that was Ben Holland in a nutshell and Dawes is head and shoulders above him.

And I grant you your right to refuse.

Here's the thing, we all see things differently. What i call 'soft' may not be what others call 'soft' . Just because salmon swim up stream doesnt mean i have to. Ill call it how i see it. If that offends your dear lil hearts well, sorry.

My history of calling it how i see, and calling it very early, has been vindicated on many occasions. Ill stick to my guns. Just as youre entitled to. But you wont ever change my mind regarding, as TPM so eloquently put it : Chris 'leader of men' Dawes.

Soft, injury prone, over payed, overrated.

:hearts:

Rude

As much as I disagree with you generally this brought tears to my eyes :')

Its cool man, we don't have to agree on everything, we all love the club in the end. I harbour no grudges against anyone in the forum.

Its cool man, we don't have to agree on everything, we all love the club in the end. I harbour no grudges against anyone in the forum.

Unless they have bad words about Roos or Jackson , then they can burn at the stake :thumbsu:

For the most part everything on this forum is friendly banter. I think we all need to let out our frustrations from time to time when we barrack for this hopeless gem of a club, and I for one am glad we have each other to deride, criticise and find solace in :p

For the most part everything on this forum is friendly banter. I think we all need to let out our frustrations from time to time when we barrack for this hopeless gem of a club, and I for one am glad we have each other to deride, criticise and find solace in :p

It would be boring if we all had the same opinions.

Ill have an avatar bet with you regarding 'Leader of Men' ? Goals for the season (finals, lol, yea, finals not included if we make it). Ill set the line at a very modest 24.5, ill take the unders you have the overs.

He has to play at least 12 games for the bet to stand.

If you win ill have Dawesy (with a love heart around him or something to that effect) as my avatar all of next season with your choice of signature. If i win you will have a Dawesy avatar (with a line or cross through him stating 'not wanted' or dud) with my choice of signature.

It would be boring if we all had the same opinions.

Ill have an avatar bet with you regarding 'Leader of Men' ? Goals for the season (finals, lol, yea, finals not included if we make it). Ill set the line at a very modest 24.5, ill take the unders you have the overs.

He has to play at least 12 games for the bet to stand.

If you win ill have Dawesy (with a love heart around him or something to that effect) as my avatar all of next season with your choice of signature. If i win you will have a Dawesy avatar (with a line or cross through him stating 'not wanted' or dud) with my choice of signature.
Done. I think it's fairly safe to say he'll play the majority of the season in the forward line. Prepare to hail the Dawes king.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back