Captaincy announcement: Grimes steps down from Co-Captain role

Remove this Banner Ad

Trio added to leadership group!

Dawes, Cross and Dunn added to replace Clark and offset the injured Trengove for the year.

Dawes needed to be there, Cross is a good addition. Like Dunny, but not sure he was needed. Oh well, I trust Roosy.

Trio added to leadership group!

Dawes, Cross and Dunn added to replace Clark and offset the injured Trengove for the year.

Dawes needed to be there, Cross is a good addition. Like Dunny, but not sure he was needed. Oh well, I trust Roosy.
I like seeing Dunn rewarded for his turn around - he's been one of the few players to actually improve under Neeld, and has probably been our best defender so far this year. I know people on this forum don't like large leadership groups but WC moved from 16th on the ladder to 4th after they expanded theirs to 10, so I don't think it necessarily has an effect either way.

I like seeing Dunn rewarded for his turn around - he's been one of the few players to actually improve under Neeld, and has probably been our best defender so far this year. I know people on this forum don't like large leadership groups but WC moved from 16th on the ladder to 4th after they expanded theirs to 10, so I don't think it necessarily has an effect either way.

I was always a big advocate of Dunn and it pleases me to see him turn it around, Cross and Dawesy speak for themselves Cross is number 1 in the AFL for tackling and Dawes is as well spoken off the field as ive ever seen

I call recall at least a couple of times this season when Dunn was seen talking to/revving up the playing group either before the match or during a break. Pretty vocal out on the field, a senior player, and appears to be well respected by the playing group. Seems like a good choice.

Dawes is as well spoken off the field as ive ever seen

This^^^.
The way Dawes speaks in post-match interviews speaks volumes about the man. You can tell that even though he has only been in for a little over a season he really wants this team to succeed. Doesn't strike me as an "I only came for the money" type player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^^^.
The way Dawes speaks in post-match interviews speaks volumes about the man. You can tell that even though he has only been in for a little over a season he really wants this team to succeed. Doesn't strike me as an "I only came for the money" type player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even in the slightest , I reckon if you petitioned the players losing money for poor performance he would be the first to sign

Stepping down to VC or completely?

I just heard stepping down completely, so assume that would mean no VC and maybe no leadership group.

I just heard stepping down completely, so assume that would mean no VC and maybe no leadership group.
Thanks.

Not the worst decision in relinquishing the captaincy I think. We need him in top form down back with such a young defense now so it's one less worry for Grimes. Leadership group is interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Dunn is more of a leader in the backline then Grimes, can he be added back into the leadership group later in the season?

I think this is a reflection that they might be thinking that Grimes is no certainty to be in our best 22 all season.

It's Grimes' decision, not the clubs. It's to give himself the best chance of getting the best out of himself for the team.

I think this is a reflection that they might be thinking that Grimes is no certainty to be in our best 22 all season.

Nup
Grimes at his best is in the 22
It's probably more a reflection of him wanting to ensure he gets there without distraction

Good decision by grimes, I really rate his leadership but you have to be one of the first picked to be captain and unfortunately he's not at this stage
Hopefully a big year for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back