News John Barker - set to remain at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

geez doc, how come we weren't told this earlier?
Honestly I didn't even know he went to Carlton. I just assumed we sacked him and was surprised that he was the next in charge after Mick... I wish him all the best as he was actually one of my favourite players.

Emmm, hate to break it to you guys but Barker was our forward line coach when we couldn't kick a score. And that was with Franklin Roughead and Cyril down there.
Honestly I didn't even know he went to Carlton. I just assumed we sacked him and was surprised that he was the next in charge after Mick... I wish him all the best as he was actually one of my favourite players.
One of these things is not like the other one.....

For all the Barker bashing, now you guys will probably win this week. :drunk:
Just read your sig... hmm... If I was to say that Essendon are a pack of recidivist cheats who push the envelope every so often to see if they can get away with something.

What are you going to do about it?

Dear John,

Men have legs to transport themselves. Some like to move quickly. Please make sure our men use this mode of transport in an efficient manner.

Further, the quickest way to get from one end of the oval shaped ground to the other is by drawing a straight line through it. Please use this logic.

Cheers baby, yours always,

BKJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was angry when Barker was appointed care taker (not so angry my joy at the axing of Mick was overshadowed - never liked him and glad he is gone but not happy about the club's position). I also didn't think his interview was anything other than full of catch phrases - reminded me of a marketing lecturer using buzz words to sound smart.

That said, he is now coach and I support him 100%. I hope to be proven wrong.

yer (I don't know too much about the kids )
Check out the last few pages of the Father/Son thread... and the 2015, what players thread...

But to summerise... he is a defensive leader who is head and shoulders above his contempories. He is pretty much the complete package already and is just about ready to lead the line next year!

If we got him... and managed to keep Hendo, those two with Jaksch as our third tall would be the core of our defence for years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back