Rumour Carlisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
google "portugal decriminalisation"
LOST A FIANCE MANY YEARS AGO IN A CAR ACCIDENT - OTHER DRIVER WAS HIGH AS A KITE ON F**KING DRUGS,
DON'T LECTURE ME ON DRUG POLICY JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FRY YOUR BRAIN WITH 'RECREATIONAL' DRUGS.:mad:

Drugs involved in over 30% of road accidents in VICTORIA. I Don't give a flying f**k about Portugal or some other country you want to cherry pick stats from. My girlfriend at the time wasn't driving in Portugal.
It is a medical problem but drug users don't give a sh*t.

More people are dying by abusing and overdosing on prescription drugs than via the road toll these days.
If you think it is better in Portugal - go and f**king live there!

Last edited:
LOST A FIANCE MANY YEARS AGO IN A CAR ACCIDENT - OTHER DRIVER WAS HIGH AS A KITE ON F**KING DRUGS,
DON"T LECTURE ME ON DRUG POLICY JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FRY YOUR BRAIN WITH 'RECREATIONAL' DRUGS.

You're bringing in your own emotive circumstances and not allowing yourself to be objective about the discussion.

I'd probably feel the same way under the same circumstances, but I may not make me right in doing so.

You're bringing in your own emotive circumstances and not allowing yourself to be objective about the discussion.

I'd probably feel the same way under the same circumstances, but I may not make me right in doing so.
Oh and I have to be supportive of someone who wants to use drugs to get off their face?
GROW UP.

Oh and I have to be supportive of someone who wants to use drugs to get off their face?
GROW UP.

No more than you should be supportive of someone that drives under the influence of alcohol, prescription drugs that affect decision making, or just stupid drivers in general.

I've done my growing and am on the other end of the hill now.

DON'T LECTURE ME ON DRUG POLICY JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FRY YOUR BRAIN WITH 'RECREATIONAL' DRUGS.:mad:

Drugs involved in over 30% of road accidents in VICTORIA. I Don't give a flying f**k about Portugal or some other country you want to cherry pick stats from. My girlfriend at the time wasn't driving in Portugal.
It is a medical problem but drug users don't give a sh*t.

More people are dying by abusing and overdosing on prescription drugs than via the road toll these days.
If you think it is better in Portugal - go and f**king live there!
do you even think about what you're saying?

How did drugs being illegal save your girlfriend, exactly?

No more than you should be supportive of someone that drives under the influence of alcohol, prescription drugs that affect decision making, or just stupid drivers in general.

I've done my growing and am on the other end of the hill now.

Exactly - so lets legalise drugs and make them socially acceptable so that more stupid people can abuse them and drive under the influence of drugs, go to work on drugs etc etc. Let alone the long term cost to health services - overdoses, psychiatric illnesses etc
Worked with rehab services - have many friends and relatives who are ambo drivers, a doctor who work in casualty, psych nurses etc etc. Not oblivious to problems or solutions.

You are lucky to get to the other end of the hill...lucky one of your drug f**ked mates wasn't coming in the other direction.

Oh and seeing we are commenting on a sports blog Lance, why don't we just allow all footballers to use whatever sports enhancing drugs they like. If the public are given access to drugs why not players?
As a spectator, you could even get your kids to buy a few tabs at the ground instead of a beer to go with your pie and sauce.

Oh and seeing we are commenting on a sports blog Lance, why don't we just allow all footballers to use whatever sports enhancing drugs they like. If the public are given access to drugs why not players?
As a spectator, you could even get your kids to buy a few tabs at the ground instead of a beer to go with your pie and sauce.
for sure

There are kids buying beer at the footy?

Sent from my IRON using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon have done this already

St.Kilda have confirmed the Jake Carlisle has:

• Volunteered to receive a strike under the AFL’s Illicit Drug Policy (IDP).

• Forfeited his club marketing contract of $50,000 in 2016 and had agreed to further substantial variations of his playing contract.

Accepted a two-game AFL imposed home-and-away ban to start the season (with a four game suspended sentence for any further conduct unbecoming). He is permitted to play in the NAB Challenge and VFL.

• Opted to commence training with St Kilda’s 1st-4th year players starting Monday, November 9 - two weeks ahead of his scheduled start date.

• Agreed to engage with a leading Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation Program to understand the implications of glamorising drug use.

- Herald Sun

I didnt even know they had groups that talk about the implications of glamorising drugs use. I wonder what they would need them for, maybe chat to Blackshadow or fishardansin, they will tell them to shut the F up and sit the F down.
This just confirms to a majority of Australian people that AF doesn't take drug abuse seriously.
This again confirms that the AFL has no integrity.

******* lol, good answer mate, wishing death on people is awesome, your dead gf must be proud

Disgusting.

Abuse of drugs is not funny.
Legalisation is not the answer.
If you want to abuse drugs for a cheap thrill go right ahead. You can still get access to whatever you want.
There are kids buying beer at the footy?

Why not? If you are going to legalise drugs, why have an age limit on alcohol?
Where do you stop and start with laws that ban drugs and alcohol?

In Portugal (Lance's newly adopted country) those aged 16 and 17 cannot legally drink spirits in bars, but beer and wine are ok. The law was changed in 2013 in a bid to prevent excess teenage drinking. Many night clubs will not admit anyone under 18 or 21, depending on their policies.

Laws are created to prevent d*ckheads from harming themselves and others. You have to set limits somewhere.

So if he gets injured Saints will dump him?

What a club!
I'm not sure essendon supporters are in a position to criticise another club of their dealings let alone player welfare....

He won't be dumped but he will lose a large portion of coin if he doesnt play more than x number of games

Why not? If you are going to legalise drugs, why have an age limit on alcohol?
Where do you stop and start with laws that ban drugs and alcohol?

In Portugal (Lance's newly adopted country) those aged 16 and 17 cannot legally drink spirits in bars, but beer and wine are ok. The law was changed in 2013 in a bid to prevent excess teenage drinking. Many night clubs will not admit anyone under 18 or 21, depending on their policies.

Laws are created to prevent d*ckheads from harming themselves and others. You have to set limits somewhere.

I see. So it's an extremist approach or nothing.

Pretty sure it won't cost him much in the long term. The contract was signed and if he wanted to play hardball, he could have forced the Saints to stick to the absolute letter. Most of this is just for show.
I've heard due to not disclosing a medical issue they could have completely torn up the contract. So I'd say carlisle has taken a fair whack here

I see. So it's an extremist approach or nothing.

No - more needs to be done. I have worked on charity food vans. The impact that ice is having is horrific amongst the homeless, Ive seen it first hand.
Long term abuse of so called soft drugs like marijuana has also impacted heavily on psychiatric health care services.

I don't know what the answer is. Drugs have been decriminalised to some extent over the years.
A balance between health, education, treatment and law enforcement seems the only way forward.
The extremist approach does not work - extreme law enforcement and prohibition doesn't work - but the other extreme of open slather doesn't offer a solution either.

I find these threads just gradually spiral down into ridiculousness.

It generally consists of one side attempting to have some kind of meaningful discussion and are prepared to produce large scale situational evidence (with links) and statistics that supports their ideas, with the other side using over the top emotive language, one off events, insults, and extremist situations, while writing it all in capitals (as if this will make it even more "real") and not actually reading the details in the posts they are replying to.

No one will ever get anywhere. Huzzah!

No - more needs to be done. I have worked on charity food vans. The impact that ice is having is horrific amongst the homeless, Ive seen it first hand.
Long term abuse of so called soft drugs like marijuana has also impacted heavily on psychiatric health care services.

I don't know what the answer is. Drugs have been decriminalised to some extent over the years.
A balance between health, education, treatment and law enforcement seems the only way forward.
The extremist approach does not work - extreme law enforcement and prohibition doesn't work - but the other extreme of open slather doesn't offer a solution either.

And here is your answer.

By the way... if you actually read the viewpoints of the people you are so eager to bash in the thread you'll see that they aren't arguing for an "open slather" approach to drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back