Carlton 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah good point. The Cats, Hawks and Swans have been smashing teams for a decade because they work harder.

Nothing to do with talent or development of players ability, they just want to win more than the other teams.

Ratten's "Talented but lazy" side was a kick away from the top 4. When he was sacked the message from Carlton was that Ratten had under performed and that the list was primed.

Mick came in, has cleared out half of that team, and is yet to lead the club to the finals. No, 2013 doesnt count because you fell into the 8 by default.

Face it - Your club thought it was buying a flag when it knifed a favorite son and appointed Mick Malthouse. Now it's all falling apart and the club has no idea how to handle it from a list management or PR perspective.

If Mick had stayed at Collingwood then Ratten would never have been turfed.

Now he is a back to back flag winning assistant, in charge of rebuilding a Hawks midfield around the likes of Lewis, Hill, Smith, Suckling and Whitecross.

But your stance isnt that those players are talented or that Ratten has developed them, no no, those guys just wanted it more and worked harder than Kennedy, Parker, Hannerbury, Boak, Cornes, Polec, Selwood, Bartel, Kelly etc. through the finals.

:rolleyes:
Yeah good point. The Cats, Hawks and Swans have been smashing teams for a decade because they work harder.

Nothing to do with talent or development of players ability, they just want to win more than the other teams.

Ratten's "Talented but lazy" side was a kick away from the top 4. When he was sacked the message from Carlton was that Ratten had under performed and that the list was primed.

Mick came in, has cleared out half of that team, and is yet to lead the club to the finals. No, 2013 doesnt count because you fell into the 8 by default.

Face it - Your club thought it was buying a flag when it knifed a favorite son and appointed Mick Malthouse. Now it's all falling apart and the club has no idea how to handle it from a list management or PR perspective.

If Mick had stayed at Collingwood then Ratten would never have been turfed.

Now he is a back to back flag winning assistant, in charge of rebuilding a Hawks midfield around the likes of Lewis, Hill, Smith, Suckling and Whitecross.

But your stance isnt that those players are talented or that Ratten has developed them, no no, those guys just wanted it more and worked harder than Kennedy, Parker, Hannerbury, Boak, Cornes, Polec, Selwood, Bartel, Kelly etc. through the finals.

:rolleyes:
what a load of s**t. No idea how to handle it? Err, bringing in fan favourites (e.g. Silvagni) and selling the young guys as our future for PR, and a clear ******* rebuild for the list management. We weren't quite s**t enough to get Petracca/McCartin this year, so we looked at increasing depth and building a base of young players. Pretty clear.

No to virtually everyone one of those and we've been waiting for Kreuzer for an eternity now.

If I swapped Cripps to v Adams, that's the only one I think we have at the moment and that's because Adams is a ball butcherer. In every other KPI Adams is ahead. Not a great comparison

Its the asterix that is detailed at the bottom of the 2013 ladder records on the AFL website. The explanation at the bottom reads something like - "Carlton Football Club made finals after Essendon was removed from the top eight for bringing the game into disrepute and after finishing NINTH on points for the year Carlton were gifted a finals appearance to make up the numbers."

Yet we won a final in 2013. Did the Pies? Tell me again who 'deserved' to play finals?

The reason the general public think the club lack direction is probably due to your president at the time, sticks, sat at a media conference to introduce malthouse as the new coach and said that the boaard felt that they had a list good enough to challenge for a flag and they felt that they needed a coach that knew how to get them there. Malthoude himself stated during both pre-seasons that thelist was ok but they just needed a re-jig in gameplan plan to bemore defencive mineded. Now we want to hail them for their good work on changing over haalf the list. I still can't get how supporters have copped all this on the chin?

Many supporters, widely
Mocked, still buy that s**t delivered in the PC.

We've copped it on the chin because it's clear our players weren't good enough and our list was misjudged. Robinson, Waite, Garlett, McLean, Lucas, Duigan - all types of players who did alright under Ratten, but weren't going to be part of our next good side. Add in battlers like Carrazzo, Armfield, Warnock and Ellard who are only sticking around because there's only so much list turnover you can realistically have.

If I swapped Cripps to v Adams, that's the only one I think we have at the moment and that's because Adams is a ball butcherer. In every other KPI Adams is ahead. Not a great comparison

For starter, right now Cripps is not a better player than Adams, he might have more potential but he isn't better.

Second of all, Adams ball use is fine when he is played in the middle. Its just when he plays in the wing or in the backline it was a problem.

Mate carlton aren't on the same level. Peo
ple bringing up the game against sydney to say where no good and we were lucky to make finals. For starters do you think carlton when the heat was on could of gone to adelaide and perth and beating teams challenging for the same spot? With the players sydney rested im still confident to say carlton wouldnt of beaten them. Im not saying where a great side either. Just know where ahead of carlton.

WC were flat track bullies and Adelaide weren't much better. No one can argue that they weren't among the weaker teams of 2014.

Difference is minimal if there is a gap between us.

I think every team should really just be focusing on pre-season and managing their own lists

I'm a believer you can only really look at one round at a time, silly to look say 5 rounds ahead because between now and then many variable will impact that match eg. Injuries, suspensions, weather, travelling

Round 1, who ever your team is and whoever your playing, that is the focus.... 1 round at a time and build off it, you will know as weeks go by if If on track for finals

At the moments Blues focus is training, match fitness and playing Tigers in the opener and matchups against Richmond as well

Last edited:
You do realise nobody here needs to focus on our own club because it's not like we are coaches or players.

It's a discussion forum

Fair comment

Look as a supporter looking into pre-season comp to see younger talent get a run and hopefully make a bid for early selections and Round 1 against Tigers as mentioned... Little point atm looking into Eagles match R2 or Bombers R3 or even Bulldogs later on

As a Dogs supporter should be same, focus Eagles at Etihad in Round 1

Last edited:
Did i arrive too late for the bag a blue party? The only fans i see getting excited about carlton next year are carlton fans. In my opinion they are quite a delusional bunch.
Yes of coarse coming from a melbourne supporter, but im expecting us to win seven games...and finish above the blues

For starter, right now Cripps is not a better player than Adams, he might have more potential but he isn't better.

Second of all, Adams ball use is fine when he is played in the middle. Its just when he plays in the wing or in the backline it was a problem.

Hang on I thought Buckley said he is a good kick he just can't replicate on game day because his not used to playing in front of large crowds and gets nervous. :confused:

Hang on I thought Buckley said he is a good kick he just can't replicate on game day because his not used to playing in front of large crowds and gets nervous. :confused:

What round did Buckley say that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To say Carlton have no up n' coming youngsters is laughable

Cripps: averages 23 disposals, 0.7 goals, 5 tackles in VFL
Graham: averages 28 disposals, 1 goal, 7 tackles, 5 marks in VFL
Whiley: average 30 disposals, 1 goal, 4 tackles, 6 marks in NEAFL
Just to name a few.

Both Buckley & Menzel earning a rising star nomination

It might only be the reserves but those are impressive stats that show a lot of promise.

To say Carlton have no up n' coming youngsters is laughable

Cripps: averages 23 disposals, 0.7 goals, 5 tackles in VFL
Graham: averages 28 disposals, 1 goal, 7 tackles, 5 marks in VFL
Whiley: average 30 disposals, 1 goal, 4 tackles, 6 marks in NEAFL
Just to name a few.

Both Buckley & Menzel earning a rising star nomination

It might only be the reserves but those are impressive stats that show a lot of promise.
And the rest? They are the best 5 really aren't they besides Docherty and this years draftees? Cripps and Menzel any club would love. The rest I'm not so sure.

Buckley's rising star means Buckleys. Jordan Gysberts has 2. Graham was never going to struggle in the VFL, his problem is that he screams VFL all over him. Average skills, pace and size. If he's not accumulating 30 touches a game then I struggle to see him impacting it.

Whiley's very hard to judge. He's had so little exposure at the top level and NEAFL form is even harder to judge. Melbourne just recruited a rookie who had a 56 possession game in the NEAFL and averaged 30 touches.

You had a big problem with young players. Repeated draft wipeouts will do that. You seem to have done well with first rounders and some other talent these last couple of years and have also picked up extra young players to fill the gaps - Jones, Tutt, Whiley, Jaksch.

So right now I think the fair description would be that you did have very little up and comers and have now attempted to fix that problem with drafting and trading.

Not sure where he said it. Was definitely post season maybe at that fan forum. But it's definitely something his used to defend Adams kicking.

Don't disagree with you there. Just want to know when he said because in the last few games where he played in the midfield he skills looked fine. There never going to be the best but when his played in the backline they were an absolute liability.

Waverly was a terrible place to visit as a spectator for footy in the 70's and 80's, albeit our success of the times. Went to a tonne of games out there and rarely with a smile on my face because it was half frozen and I was squinting through the drizzle.
Take a wander out there now though, you wouldn't recognize the place. Yeh, the stand that was kept is a great hulking ugly piece of concrete, but they re-worked the interior so it is super bright and airy and spacious for the team to train in.
Outside, the oval is now surrounded by very attractive townhomes and the wind no longer seems to sweep in with the surrounding land re-developed with homes and such.
Even so, the HFC is considering its future with a mind to new facilities that will take us into the next 50 years.
We don't stand still at Hawthorn, and are not too ashamed to recognize our warts and do something about them.

To your second question, currently Adam Simpson at the West Coast Eagles, Damian Hardwick at Richmond, Leon Cameron at the Giants, and Luke Beveridge at Footscray were all assistant coaches under Clarko at Hawthorn DIRECTLY before being hired as senior coaches at their current clubs.
As much as it was cold( buy a coat) I loved watching footy there. Its like level 2 at the mcg/Etihad all around the ground.

Richmond were hardly better then Carlton until that 9 game streak against crap opposition with Sydney resting their best players in the last round.

Obviously they got shown up when Richmond met Port in the finals and went 46-0 before hitting the scoreboard.
Sure we played crap early on but no injuries to speak of either during that time:rolleyes:. And I love the analogy of all 9 games were gifted to us. Sure whatever you reckon.

also when people try to predict the season based on how the ladder ended up. that's almost the worst for mine. "how will A get into the top 4 when B, C, D and E are locks?" no they're not locks you jabroni, everyone starts on 0 points!!
I would also add, commentators fans etc base their ladder predictions on out of date data. Some are relevant but a lot of the time teams improve/decline in a non linear fashion.

That's what you don't get mate.
There is no Hodge, there is no 08' or 13' or 14' without me and a whole heap of me's.
Because our club nearly disappeared into a dark navy and red yoked jumper and if it wasn't for the supporters at a certain town hall there are no cups after 91'.

But you've got no idea mate, so keep on trying.
And at Hawthorn we don't look for club success to provide supporter visions of accomplishment.
It just brings us regular, and ongoing enjoyment.
Cheers.

Yeah you've got to stop this crap mate - makes you look very foolish.

Did i arrive too late for the bag a blue party? The only fans i see getting excited about carlton next year are carlton fans. In my opinion they are quite a delusional bunch.
Yes of coarse coming from a melbourne supporter, but im expecting us to win seven games...and finish above the blues

Of course lots of excitement its footy and all supporters should have that Rush of excitment

Mid season or late season their are games I wouldn't even bother to watch or watch a great deal but round 1, all teams on even slate and most stadiums are electric and I do make effort watch all 9 games

However I still expect finish higher than Demons, last year was a dissapointing result we had to Demons as we have given Melbourne FC some shalackings in the last few years and next season i expect good contest, only crap thing is we showdown very late in the year, think August so have to wait

Demons i expect to finish 13th-18th bracket, can't see big improvement in ladder position but yes in development of your younger brigade but Blues I see in the next bracket 7th-12th so still difference in level between Demons and Blues

Last edited:
Ah Ok, I'll just do what you and monkey man want...pfffffh.

Ugh... dude. You'd be well advised to LISTEN to what MK is saying. You look like an imbecile. Don't get me wrong, I DESPISE Carlton, but fans trying to imply their own football knowledge is somehow inflated by the success of the team they support.... does not float my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back