Carlton Blues 2014 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Blugazi

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
After a fairly average season Mick and co. will be looking to make the most of the 2014 draft and trading period to help bolster the list for next season.

Trade Acquisitions:
Kristian Jaksch (Jaksch + Whiley + Pick 19 > CARL for Pick 7 > GWS)
Mark Whiley (Jaksch + Whiley + Pick 19 > CARL for Pick 7 > GWS)

Player Movements:
Jarrad Waite (via free agency to North Melbourne)
Jeff Garlett (Garlett + Pick 83 > MELB for Pick 61 + Pick 79 > CARL)

Retirements:
Nick Duigan
Heath Scotland (rookie)

Delistings:
Josh Bootsma
Tom Temay
Andrew McInnes
Luke Reynolds (rookie)
Jaryd Cachia (rookie)

On the Trade Table:
Mitch Robinson (minimal interest, will be delisted if no trade occurs)
Kane Lucas (interest from West Coast and Fremantle)
Rob Warnock (enquiries have been made by other clubs)
Brock McLean (un-contracted and club are being noncommittal, looks to be gone)

Current Draft Picks:
Pick 19, Pick 28, Pick 46, Pick 61, Pick 79

Draft/Trade Needs:
A-grade KPP talent
Genuine onballer
Speedy half-forward/mids
Wingman
Developing ruckman

Key Re-signings:
Levi Casboult

Rumoured Targets:
Luke Tapscott
Jarryd Lyons
Jack Hutchins
Liam Jones
Jason Tutt
Jake Melksham
Josh Thomas
Ahmed Saad (via draft)

Last edited:

Agreed.
Deserves to get another shot at AFL level. We've seen that he can be quite a solid player. Could see St.Kilda picking him up to be honest.
He'll go to Sydney for peanut wages.

Herald Sun reporting Dogs want Levi. As I posted in the Dogs thread yesterday.

Hi Jon Ralph.

If sydney were to get him he would be a DFA and we would probably give him a one year contract on minimum wage. Wouldnt be a bad punt.

I expect that we will throw a s**t pick at Robinson...probably a fourth considering that our third will go on Stretch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on the Casboult re-signing guys, I'm sure you're absolutely stoked. :D

In all seriousness, what do Blues supporters think is their greatest need? With Carlton I'm constantly to- and fro-ing between key position players and increasing your depth in the middle (as well as a ruckman that is half-decent). I imagine you likely look to build some depth in all areas of the ground over the next few off-seasons but I'm just curious where you guys see your greatest need being.

Congrats on the Casboult re-signing guys, I'm sure you're absolutely stoked. :D

In all seriousness, what do Blues supporters think is their greatest need? With Carlton I'm constantly to- and fro-ing between key position players and increasing your depth in the middle (as well as a ruckman that is half-decent). I imagine you likely look to build some depth in all areas of the ground over the next few off-seasons but I'm just curious where you guys see your greatest need being.

Obviously we need KPPs. But our need for good outside mids is pretty bad too. We get belted in uncontested possession every week.

Obviously we need KPPs. But our need for good outside mids is pretty bad too. We get belted in uncontested possession every week.
Hey, I know another team that needs talls and gets belted in uncontested possession...

It's tricky to cover all the bases. Wonder how active you'll be at the trade table as you were largely quiet save for some pre-trade period speculation.

Hey, I know another team that needs talls and gets belted in uncontested possession...

It's tricky to cover all the bases. Wonder how active you'll be at the trade table as you were largely quiet save for some pre-trade period speculation.

Lost Hampson & Eddie & got Daisy, Doc & Everitt last year. Pretty active IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back