Carlton Blues 2014 Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Tutt join Carlton today?

McKay said Ellard, Mclean, Lucas and Robinson are uncontracted. See Mclean and Lucas staying with Tutt possibly having more upside than Ellard. Could see him filling a role as a defensive small forward and mid like Puopolo.

Don't see Lucas moving if another club and Carlton both offer him a one year deal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mclean hangs on ahead of Robinson due to his work ethic and leadership.
IMO; Lucas>>>>McLean>Tutt>Ellard

Not sure the FD see it the same way.

... again I point out that the trade was a poor one; we didn't need an outside forward at the time - we needed a hard bodied mid that could get the ball and feed to outside or run with it himself e.g any of my previous mentioned players from Yarran's draft.

Calton have been and are still looking for solid hard mids and KPP's - outside flankers are dime a dozen

I do not agree that "solid hard mids" was a crying need in the 2008 draft. We did have Judd, Murph, Gibbs, Carrots just off the top. But I do agree we had a crying need for KPPs. If only we hadn't picked Yarran we could have had Vickery (pick 8), Lewis Johnston (Syd pick 12), Lynch (St K pick 13), Mitch Brown (Geel pick 15) or Shoenmakers (Hawth pick 16) just among the first rounders. I know that with Sydney, Geelong and Hawthorn's player development we could only hope to have half the players any of these guys have turned into but, even so, like you apparently :) I would swap Yarran for any of those other first round picks in a heart beat.:eek:

I'll replace them with Lambert + Marcon anyday of the week.
Cripps should get more games.

I do not agree that "solid hard mids" was a crying need in the 2008 draft. We did have Judd, Murph, Gibbs, Carrots just off the top. But I do agree we had a crying need for KPPs. If only we hadn't picked Yarran we could have had Vickery (pick 8), Lewis Johnston (Syd pick 12), Lynch (St K pick 13), Mitch Brown (Geel pick 15) or Shoenmakers (Hawth pick 16) just among the first rounders. I know that with Sydney, Geelong and Hawthorn's player development we could only hope to have half the players any of these guys have turned into but, even so, like you apparently :) I would swap Yarran for any of those other first round picks in a heart beat.:eek:

I wish I could agree about the talls that you suggest we should have taken instead of Yarran; I would have preferred another hard midfielder at the time. A couple of years later Carlton opted for Watson but unfortunately he hasn't come up to scratch to date.
I applaud the current trade of 2 KPP's and a solid mid (and all comparatively young) which adds to last years excellent trades in Everitt, Docherty and Thomas.
I agree with a recent poster who suggested getting rid of Lucas, Warnock etc but that may have to wait until next year - I would love to hang on to Ellard as I think he adds a bit of hardness to a contest; I was sorry to see Cachia not given more opportunity; I thought he was a similar type to Ellard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back