Carlton fans thoughts on the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I battle with this concept, when the Blues finish so do I. Cannot understand barracking for teams that during the year you dislike just because it is finals.
I find it hard to watch a game of footy without picking a side.

My auntie is a cat, so we went last night. That didn't stop me from screaming at the umpire when selwood received a dodgy free for a head high tackle!

In the end, I was happy for Roughy to kick the sealer with a great snap.

Anyway, Freo. Their song and jumper are so awful you gotta love 'em!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy is the best sport in the world to watch. Why miss out on a cracking month of footy just because the Blues aren't there?
Footy used to be the best sport in the world to watch, but I'm not so sure it still is. The game has become a combination of basketball & rugby union & unfortunately with the way the competition has been compromised over the last half a dozen years, outcomes are mostly predictable. It is no surprise that the 3 favored teams have won the first 3 finals & most likely the 4th favorite (Port) will win today.

I get pleasure out of watching Carlton play because I am emotionally attached to the club. I can't get pleasure out of watching other matches because I no longer have an emotional attachment to the game. It is just not a great spectacle anymore.

For Lyon to win a flag would validate a style of play that has mutilated my sport. I would have to move to NZ but even there I would be pestered by the annual failings of St Kilda. Maybe Vanuatu.

For Lyon to win a flag would validate a style of play that has mutilated my sport. I would have to move to NZ but even there I would be pestered by the annual failings of St Kilda. Maybe Vanuatu.

Just go to tassie, easier

Footy used to be the best sport in the world to watch, but I'm not so sure it still is. The game has become a combination of basketball & rugby union & unfortunately with the way the competition has been compromised over the last half a dozen years, outcomes are mostly predictable. It is no surprise that the 3 favored teams have won the first 3 finals & most likely the 4th favorite (Port) will win today.

I get pleasure out of watching Carlton play because I am emotionally attached to the club. I can't get pleasure out of watching other matches because I no longer have an emotional attachment to the game. It is just not a great spectacle anymore.
But in what other league can you see a team that didnt even make finals come from behind in front of 95000 people and beat the perennial ninth placed team. NOWHERE. thats what makes footy the best sport in the world and carlton the greatest team of all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back