Analysis Carlton Football Club Off Field - Opinion, Analysis and News

Remove this Banner Ad

websites3.png

we need a page you can read......:thumbsu:

Great post! Having spoken to our media workers in Luca and Alison they are very knowledgable in their fields and of the club and its supporters. I like what I've heard of Jay Allen too. What I keep hearing is they're under resourced or bound by AFL deals.

I don't know anything of the resourcing at Carlton, but doesn't surprise me... but I do know some clubs have tried to push the boundaries of what they can provide to fans and are currently blocked by existing media rights deals.

I have to say Trigg has surprisingly impressed me the last couple of months, let's hope this is the beginning of turning things around. Carlton does a really good job of social media during the season imo, but need more substance articles / videos in the off season, which as you said is probably a resourcing thing as they take a lot of time.

To be honest, the latest AFL / Club websites are pretty okay, it's not fantastic but it's far from terrible. It's very hard to change perception and the terrible AFL sites of the last decade have hurt the AFL's digital credibility. The program of work is all managed internally by the AFL with support from Telstra on big infrastructure. They had a big push 2-3 years ago when getting this new work out, the challenge now is to make sure they invest, evolve and stay at least on the curve.

It will be very interesting to see what comes from the next TV / Digital rights deal as streaming games becomes more important clubs are requesting more access. Collingwood are still miles ahead of anyone with innovation, they're pushing the AFL in regards to digital and fan engagement but haven't managed to get the green light yet... would love to see Carlton try and push in this area.

I do wonder why they get rubbished so readily.

Do the bigger sporting organisations really have far superior websites?
If so which ones, as a quick run through the likes of NFL, EPL doesn't really show up anything particularly spectacular or stand-out.

We have got slow with uploads to Youtube on our site recently along with relative updates, but why should that be the case?
I wonder whether the work ethic may be somewhat sub-standard rather than everyone being so much too busy.

I do wonder why they get rubbished so readily.

Do the bigger sporting organisations really have far superior websites?
If so which ones, as a quick run through the likes of NFL, EPL doesn't really show up anything particularly spectacular or stand-out.
Probably because they were previously terrible and it's easy for people to keep saying they are without thinking.

The major sports around the world aren't that far if at all ahead in terms of the website, but they usually provide much better and more content, they're a lot better at tying the 'experience' together, US sports being way in front of others here. The AFL is getting better, but it's hard to compare, especially in terms size of viewers and revenue.

I think what they have done quite well is provide access for fans to watch all games through foxtel or digital apps, a lot of the top sports don't have this level of coverage.

Great thread. Does anyone know if anyone at the club reads through this forum? I know there is a guy from the Richmond footy club that interacts with their club board. Good way to keep in touch with the fans as far as I'm concerned.

Been really impressed with what Trigg has done so far. The off field part of the club looks to be far more professional than I can remember.

Great thread. Does anyone know if anyone at the club reads through this forum? I know there is a guy from the Richmond footy club that interacts with their club board. Good way to keep in touch with the fans as far as I'm concerned.

Been really impressed with what Trigg has done so far. The off field part of the club looks to be far more professional than I can remember.

Yeah, Stig1 has been replaced with Stig2.

I think it's a great idea to have that level of contact but can also see where it could be problematic.
There are some individuals that come on hard and make things unpleasant for the communicating party.

Having said that though, most on this board are quite courteous and a CFC rep wouldn't be ripped from pillar to post

Yeah, Stig1 has been replaced with Stig2.

I think it's a great idea to have that level of contact but can also see where it could be problematic.
There are some individuals that come on hard and make things unpleasant for the communicating party.

Having said that though, most on this board are quite courteous and a CFC rep wouldn't be ripped from pillar to post
Oh right, wasn't aware of that.

Yeah obviously they can't divulge info and the like but it would be good to have someone that could talk to when training sessions are and other 'community' activity.

Probably because they were previously terrible and it's easy for people to keep saying they are without thinking.

The major sports around the world aren't that far if at all ahead in terms of the website, but they usually provide much better and more content, they're a lot better at tying the 'experience' together, US sports being way in front of others here. The AFL is getting better, but it's hard to compare, especially in terms size of viewers and revenue.

I think what they have done quite well is provide access for fans to watch all games through foxtel or digital apps, a lot of the top sports don't have this level of coverage.
I'm can be critical of the website... it's what I do for a living. Major sporting clubs around the world seem to be dropping the ball when it comes to a web presence. With the money that some of those clubs have behind them, you would expect a much slicker interface than they have. I checked out a couple of my ipad this morning as well as on my computer. The Raiders website wasnt to bad, but the Manchester United website was all over the place. The Real Madrid website was pretty slick and Bayern Munich and FC. Nurnberg were also pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do better cut out jobs on Doully and Jezza on the left of screen with almost 10% of the pixels...it really should be super easy.

........in your sleep.

Maybe it shouldn't matter but if we can honestly tick off this level of impotence here..........we can do it there........and there...........and over there also.

Frankly, it shits me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back