Hovercraft90sArticle.jpg

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-03-27/blues-go-back-to-the-future

Oh wow, i want the drivers hat soooo badd

dragonsblues

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I like paying homage to the heatley end at the MCG. We need to make our home grounds more intimidating and for our fans to feel more ownership. Trying to emulate parts of Princes Park is a great start. A lot of people. Including myself still feel a great affinity to that beautiful ground.

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
Hope the kids get a kick out of it, at least.

If we are serious about building our supporter/member base; it starts with them. People might think Captain Carlton, the hovercraft etc. is a bit silly, but when I was a tacker it was definitely something my brothers and I definitely looked forward to about every Carlton home game

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
If we are serious about building our supporter/member base; it starts with them. People might think Captain Carlton, the hovercraft etc. is a bit silly, but when I was a tacker it was definitely something my brothers and I definitely looked forward to about every Carlton home game

It's far easier to attract kids then it is to attract disillusioned adults.

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
There must be 25 other people more deserving of this honour than pea-brain Fevola.

This just reinforces to me how out of touch the club is with their fan base.

Fev represented everything we have been cleaning out of our player list in the last 2 years.

i.e. selfish, self-centred players who put themselves before the team. i.e. Waite, Robbo, Gartlett, Bootsma etc.

I vividly remember Fev at Etihad running up the ground arguing with an umpire about a free kick he did not receive - while his opponent ran down the other side of the ground to set up a goal.

Fev got dragged to the bench - much to his obvious disgust.

He then proceeded to take his boots off and throw them away - as if to say "well I'm not going back on now". This from one of the highest paid "leaders" at the club?

IMO - Aaron Joseph would be more deserving than F'wit Fevola!!

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
There must be 25 other people more deserving of this honour than pea-brain Fevola.

This just reinforces to me how out of touch the club is with their fan base.

Fev represented everything we have been cleaning out of our player list in the last 2 years.

i.e. selfish, self-centred players who put themselves before the team. i.e. Waite, Robbo, Gartlett, Bootsma etc.

I vividly remember Fev at Etihad running up the ground arguing with an umpire about a free kick he did not receive - while his opponent ran down the other side of the ground to set up a goal.

Fev got dragged to the bench - much to his obvious disgust.

He then proceeded to take his boots off and throw them away - as if to say "well I'm not going back on now". This from one of the highest paid "leaders" at the club?

IMO - Aaron Joseph would be more deserving than F'wit Fevola!!

All very good points funk.

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
All very good points funk.

Honestly MEB - what message does this send to the current playing list (and supporters)?

We honour self centred idiots who put themselves ahead of the team - instead of "die for the club" players?

How about Fraser Brown while showing video of "that tackle" against the scum - that I would really enjoy!!!

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Honestly MEB - what message does this send to the current playing list (and supporters)?

We honour self centred idiots who put themselves ahead of the team - instead of "die for the club" players?

How about Fraser Brown while showing video of "that tackle" against the scum - that I would really enjoy!!!

Or Earl Spadings smother, recovery and goal against Geelong in the Grand Final - that lifted the whole team - we were never going to lose the GF after that effort!!

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton

Depends how much the kids know about Fev. I doubt they pick up on the nuances of attitude, petulance etc that an adult can see clearly. Unless their parents sit there and say "there goes Fev, perpetual child--drinker, gambler, smoker and selfish footballer!" then the kid will just a fella who kicked a lot of goals when he played for Carlton.

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
He's delivering the ball because he was a great player for us in a very bleak time. He was sacked for being an idiot.....you;d think most kids would get the message.

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
Fev has obviously split the supporter group. That said there is still a LOT of people who would enjoy seeing him on match day. Can't please all of the people unfortunately. As shown by the response to things like the hover craft etc being brought back again. The fact that we're pleasing anyone by these initiatives means it is worth doing in my books. Better than the diddly squat we've got for years.

Back