Game Day Carlton Game Day Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely understand. I hadn't really associated the player with peoples personal life. That being said, whilst you may have been personally affected by it, can you understand other people (who are completely unaware of your circumstances) who are excited to have such a player back at the club?

Absolutely I can understand that...as long as he's learned from his experiences and grown up. But how does Judd feel about him being back, I wonder?

I have very little knowledge of Fev personally, but I do believe he suffers from ADD, which doesn't exonerate at all the unsavoury stuff I have heard about he has done, but perhaps explains why he may not fully comprehend the repercussions of his actions as an adult.

You are right that in that his past misdeeds that as you say, hurt a lot of people, shouldn't be washed over by the fact that he was a goal kicking champion of the club, but I do also like to believe in the power of redemption and that people can change for the better.

Obviously i don't know what Fev did to hurt you or your family members, but i can certainly understand your feelings towards him.

I do hope Fev has gotten professional help for his self-destructive bad habits over the years, for the sake of his beautiful wife and daughters. Fev has probably gotten away with acting a big kid for so long but I really hope he has knuckled down and become a responsible family man. Hope you don't mind me bobbing up with my 2 cents on what's obviously a sensitive issue for you Mebby :)

I don't mind at all. I've seen him do some awesome things in Yarra and he really loves children so I can't fault him there...but I've also seen him do some very dodgy stuff too. I guess I have a slightly different perspective from a lot of people on this as a result.

If The Buzz doesn't get a look in at any home game this year, I am going to make a cry baby/non follow through threat of not renewing my membership..

The fact we are all talking about it who should be part of this initiative makes it a big winner already from Mr Trigg ..

If he can manage to steal Dangerfield from the Crows, a statue of him should be erected outside Ikon Park !!

Seriously, I am genuinely surprised by Trigg's performance so far, has not put one foot wrong, and I love the fact our 'proper' monogram is back!

I'm delighted really !! :-

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed the clubs efforts to engage fans at the ground.

Highlights:

* Hovercraft added buzz to the ground, was great for the kids with Capt throwing balls into the crowd.
* The electronic signs (thanks to the WC?) were great with the navy blue writing, also the stands being named was good. (prefer a more permanent method to naming the stands - as permanent as it can be).
* The flags were good for people to wave in the Carlton only sections
* the fire works were a good way to start the game - turned into a blue haze with all the smoke (light reflecting off the navy blue sign boards?)
* music list was good and had some sections of the crowd dancing - even if they couldn't dance.
* the lights off and blue steam things were also good, would've worked better if it was dark but daylight savings etc will improve that for future rounds
* Captain Carlton with the big CFC flag following murph to the coin toss was also good.

You can call it gimmicky but it adds to the atmosphere which is lacking at AFL games IMO.

Also hope Captain Carlton gets a pay increase, the poor guy was everywhere all night.

Agree BL. Even though people will pick it apart for being gimmicky it at least had people paying attention and got a bit of buzz going. I'll admit I started getting excited when it was showing the footage of the big marks, goals and tackles from the past!

Thought it was good without being over the top and didnt appear to be manufactured. The thing i liked was that it was obvious it was a Carlton home game, where usually you wouldnt know the difference except looking at the coloured shorts.

The game day experience was fantastic up until the 2nd quarter , what with the all the smoke and lights and the SCORE , it was magic. After 1/4 time, reality shows it was all an elaborate illusion , it sucked big time . The day after the game day experience, isn't much better .

The game day experience was fantastic up until the 2nd quarter , what with the all the smoke and lights and the SCORE , it was magic. After 1/4 time, reality shows it was all an elaborate illusion , it sucked big time . The day after the game day experience, isn't much better .

In truth the smoke and mirrors were needed more after half time than before the game!!

I personally didn't like the whole running out with smoke machines, some daggy song and the blue flames business. Had a cheap WWE or NRL type feel to it.

Hopefully all the kids enjoyed it though. Big crowd was good to see, good for our finances. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back