Game Day Carlton Game Day Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

The general idea seems wanky and kind of following an American trend of adding a lot of extra entertainment and razzledazzle to keep the kiddies entertained. It is also true that the game has marketed itself just fine for a long time, so why change now?
Unfortunately we now live in an age of slick marketing, short attention spans and instant gratification, and our club has already been caught out through being too slow to move with the times.
Whatever we do, it mustn't be too OTT, must be something a bit different and something which has significance and relevance for our club, perhaps emphasizing our history and longevity as an institution.
If it's to be music, I like the blues theme suggested earlier. Back in the '90s, we had a couple of blokes on the ground at PP impersonating the Blues Brothers - a bit cheesy perhaps, but hey, who else was doing it back then? At least it was an attempt at something a bit quirky and different.
Fireworks? How about a 16 gun salute before each home game - to become 17 before too much longer - and so on...

I've found the ultimate song for the Saints game day experience. Should get the boys primed.

I can see that you're fifteen years old
No I don't want your I.D.

Ouch!

Maybe Carlton could get their own house band and when it is a home game, the house band could play before, at half time and after the siren. The songs could be made up of all the players favourite songs, within reason that is.

Oh and by the way I am not averse to the bluebirds making a comeback if the boys want it.

The gimicks stuff is one reason why I don't follow the basketball but my 10 year old nephew loves it.

I think VFL games would be a great idea..especially if they could get the affiliate teams to play each other too. Would be awesome beating Collingwood twice on the same day, however losing to them twice wouldn't be very nice.

I joked about the hovercraft, but Captain Carlton coming out and giving out some free footys would be good for the kids.

Some interviews with the players pre game would be a nice touch.

Oh and if they stopped showing tweets during the game that would be swell..

I think VFL games would be a great idea..especially if they could get the affiliate teams to play each other too. Would be awesome beating Collingwood twice on the same day, however losing to them twice wouldn't be very nice.

I joked about the hovercraft, but Captain Carlton coming out and giving out some free footys would be good for the kids.

Some interviews with the players pre game would be a nice touch.

Oh and if they stopped showing tweets during the game that would be swell..

So you want kiss cam to stay? ;) :p

Maybe Carlton could get their own house band and when it is a home game, the house band could play before, at half time and after the siren. The songs could be made up of all the players favourite songs, within reason that is.

Oh and by the way I am not averse to the bluebirds making a comeback if the boys want it.

The gimicks stuff is one reason why I don't follow the basketball but my 10 year old nephew loves it.
Either am I :D

similar type of tune to ports, the first paragraph can relate to season 2014 and that things can only get better!

elton john "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues"
Don't wish it away
Don't look at it like it's forever
Between you and me I could honestly say
That things can only get better

And while I'm away
Dust out the demons inside
And it won't be long before you and me run
To the place in our hearts where we hide

And I guess that's why they call it the blues
Time on my hands could be time spent with you
Laughing like children, living like lovers
Rolling like thunder under the covers
And I guess that's why they call it the blues

I'm not sure what happened to curtain raiser at Punt Road Oval. I thought it worked well - play the 2s in the morning and then stroll across the carpark to the MCG.

I remember watching Ang play when he was returning from that serious back injury. A handful of the lads on the injury list laid their blazers on the hillside grass, sat down to watch their teammates and signed a few autographs - Hickmott and a few younger boys (Anstey?). Fun times...

Kiss Cam, Tweet the Crowd Size, Chemist Warehouse, SEN commentators you can't even hear..Get rid of them all!
thumbs-up-clip-art_411434.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we went down a YWNWA path...

All about winning. Arm wrestling is a decent analogy for a good, close game of footy.

[Chorus:]
It was the heat of the moment
Telling me what your heart meant
Heat of the moment shone in your eyes

Commitment, Passion, Hunger, (Composure)...This is what we want to see from our players.

Someone on the bombers thread suggested we bring out the gallows as a reward for James Hird's services to football.

Not too many centuries ago, public execution was seen as wholesome family entertainment. :eek:

Thankfully we now live in more enlightened times. :p

Play this absolutely s**t song like they used to Optus Oval back in the day.

Then have some ********* dressed as the Blues Brothers come out and dance.

Maybe Captain Carlton stand on the Great Southern stand and wave a flag whenever we kick a goal.

The absolute worst thing for the atmosphere last Saturday was the music, film, presenters, contrived crowd noise .. It was so disappointing ... Between the noise from the speakers, the crowd was getting really involved pre-game. It was spine-tingling when the Port fans got their chants going ... At one stage they held their scarves aloft and I was wondering if they were singing Never Tear Us Apart only to be drowned out again by the speakers. I felt frustrated and a little angry but mostly sad. Sad both in the sense that the game has changed so much, but more so that there are people that are that dumb out there making a shitload of money to come up with crap ideas (presumably straight from the US) that are having the direct opposite effect to what they're suppposed to be having. I really thought/hoped that someone would have had the balls/sense on Saturday to pull the plug on whatever 'atmosphere building' rubbish they had planned once they realised what the Port fans were creating themselves. I can tell you that the only time I felt the excitement, the goosebumps was when the Port fans were provided with the silence to create their own noise. Are we really at a stage as a society or as a sub-group where we need/want to be controlled to this level??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back