News Carlton guernsey monogram change? Club to put vote to members on 15 October

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is an old attempt of mine to improve the clash:

9pn8lh.jpg

This is great.

What if, instead of the old monogram, the clash jumper had the full laurel-clad logo? It's a separate part of the club identity, it contains the monogram in itself (albeit the modern one, not the old-style), and it doesn't need to be reversed to appear on white.

Carlton%20Clash%20Strip%20Idea.png

Only problem is, it ends up looking a bit like a dodgy Bali jumper... (And I know they won't have the 150th logo anymore, but apparently they're just replacing the text with Mens Sana etc.)

Am I the only one who likes a lighter blue? I think the issue with the baby blue was how bright it was and how it was matched with baby blue shorts. I think a lighter powder blue with white shorts would suit better. Clash jumpers need represent their club, to me white clash jumpers have become terribly generic.

upload_2014-8-31_19-33-54.png

Very close to occurring now.

Dear Member,

In my first week at the Club, I wrote inviting all members to provide their thoughts or feedback as to what my priorities should be.

In short, I received more than 2,000 responses, and I want to thank all those people for taking the time to respond.

In summary, a few things were obvious and consistent across many of the replies.

These included:
  • Better communication with fans about ‘the big issues’
  • A strong desire to have a better sense of belonging
  • Providing a better match-day experience (and a better fixture)
  • (And not surprisingly) for us to simply have success on the field
There was also a consistent message about the desire to revert to the CFC logo on this year’s heritage jumper as our normal strip. As a result, we’ll put that issue directly to you in a vote, to allow us to make a final call on it.

Big club, will get it through quicker no doubt.
West Coast are a bigger club and we have to wait a year.

Carlton have the best jumper in the comp by far in my opinion. Outside the comp though...It's the PB's :)
Doesn't even compare to the wings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know the reason behind the rule or why some clubs have changed without the one year notice (Port)?
The reason is to make enough retail versions so people can buy the real thing in shops.
I would suggest that if the AFL thought they could make money from bringing in a jumper a year earlier then they would allow it.
I would say it was probably arbitrary in days gone by, but now you can print off and sew together quite a few jumpers in a month or so.
ISC did it with a few days notice for the Port final. I bet they could pump out a few more if they needed to.

Carlton > West Coast, in the sense that the club was founded earlier. And the richer history. But I can see from your standpoint that you could see them both as equal.
West Coast are a bigger club than Carlton. Get with the times.

West Coast are a bigger club than Carlton. Get with the times.
West Coast are the biggest club in the AFL buddy. Noone else comes close.

I haven't been a proper member for a few years on account of not being able to attend games, but I'll be buying a three-game membership to vote for the old monogram. Good times.

It'll get through anyway. It's just a new CEO trying to show off how engaged with the fans he is and will be. It looks better to say it was voted on by fans than to say the club made the choice. All politics really, I bet Nike's got them ready to go as we speak

It'll get through anyway. It's just a new CEO trying to show off how engaged with the fans he is and will be. It looks better to say it was voted on by fans than to say the club made the choice. All politics really, I bet Nike's got them ready to go as we speak

Makes Trigg look good. Like taking baby from a candy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back