News Carlton guernsey monogram change? Club to put vote to members on 15 October

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I love the oldschool one I can see it losing its novelty fast. The modern one is still very slick. The old one is nice but very dated.

Another Clayton's vote from an AFL club. I'd be deeply depressed about these if the Eagles one wasn't going the way I wanted it to ;)

From their site: "So what's it going to be? Our current CFC emblem, or return to our iconic heritage CFC crest that adorned our 'old dark navy blue' guernseys for 70 years, including 11 Premierships"

Yep, totally unbiased right there :p

So it could go either way...unless it's a normal AFL club jumper selection poll :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-09-10-09-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-09-10-09-16.png
    288 KB · Views: 48
Definitely the old school one for me.
Seeing the two side by side, the current one seems so manufactured and sterile.

Definitely the old school one for me.
Seeing the two side by side, the current one seems so manufactured and sterile.
I'm feeling that way about the Retro one. Going backwards seems like a stupid idea. The club should be focusing on moving forward with their success, not backwards

Interesting to note that the tweet only features the current monogram. Surely they could have resized to show both. Trying to influence the vote, perhaps?

EDIT: Or is that just the "retweet"? The original tweet does show both. Still, wondering...

It's both, just when you embed tweets into BigFooty it isn't able to show the whole picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the article on the Carlton website. The accompanying image actually makes the old monogram look bad because it isn't "raised"

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-09/choose-our-guernsey

JumperPickArticle_620X370.jpg

Voting semantics aside, I have a feeling this actually may not get up.

People that don't really care for sentimentality and heritage are more likely to stick with the modern 'progressive' status quo. It is more legible, 'professional looking' and consistent with the familiar logo brand that adorns people's caps and scarves. If this was proposed with a new logo, or a convincing logo strategy akin to the Yankees, it might sway these people.

Of course most of us here think it should because it is so much more Carlton, but we aren't the demographic here.

Voting semantics aside, I have a feeling this actually may not get up.

People that don't really care for sentimentality and heritage are more likely to stick with the modern 'progressive' status quo, it is more legible and 'professional looking'.

Of course most of us here think it should because it is so much more Carlton, but we aren't the demographic here.

The more I compare the two, the more reasons I can see why people would vote for the current one

Does the club want to be seen as moving backwards?

I reckon you have something up your sleeve design-wise.... I hope, anyway!
And I hope they're better than my disasters :D
Right. I've been busy trying to come up with some way that every one can be happy. Didn't work.
I tried making the current monogram bolder as GG said it lacks 'boldness' ....instead I just gave it a bigger arse...
Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 2.53.09 pm.png
Then I tried combining both logos:
Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 3.32.49 pm.png Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 3.17.46 pm.png
And that's the end of trying to improve the logo. Thank you for painfully reading this. :cry:

People that don't really care for sentimentality and heritage are more likely to stick with the modern 'progressive' status quo. It is more legible, 'professional looking' and consistent with the familiar logo brand that adorns people's caps and scarves. If this was proposed with a new logo, or a convincing logo strategy akin to the Yankees, it might sway these people.

Also depends on how many people care enough to actively vote for the status quo, rather than just think about it. Optional voting favours those who mobilise better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back