Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mick didn't deliver the news personally he has every right to be disappointed in him. A guy has lost his job...it's no small thing.
Well boohoo he just got back from OS maybe Mick was waiting to do it face to face. Brock admitted he hadn't been back to the club to clear out his locker and close out business.

Who will have a heated discussion?

Brock said that he has to go back to the club to pick up his things.
Stated that he and Mick are passionate and that a fiery encounter may come about.

Brock just won't shut up.

I don't mind Brock from a distance but he's another that likes being seen as someone who "Tells it like it is"
That's all fine but it's always funny how people stop telling it like it is when it doesn't suit.

I'd be upset if I hadn't heard that I was losing my job from my boss too...but it's my personal policy not to air my dirty laundry in public, so I'd probably address that directly with the person I'm upset with. Making comments like that in the media just makes you look like a petulant child.

Well boohoo he just got back from OS maybe Mick was waiting to do it face to face. Brock admitted he hadn't been back to the club to clear out his locker and close out business.

We've got nine spots available on the list.
We've got plenty of money, for this year at least.
Brock would have been valuable to the young mids.
Brock was told that we'd like to keep him on but we chose not to.

Have we got the full story yet?

We've got nine spots available on the list.
We've got plenty of money, for this year at least.
Brock would have been valuable to the young mids.
Brock was told that we'd like to keep him on but we chose not to.

Have we got the full story yet?
Harks we have ample midfield seniority to mentor our developing mids. Brock is a plodder at best. Cripps and potentially Whiley will fill any void left straight away.

He is just being sour playing the pity me unemployed card. Likes the sound of his own voice. If he wanted a heated discussion he is sure as hell going to get it now

Harks we have ample midfield seniority to mentor our developing mids. Brock is a plodder at best. Cripps and potentially Whiley will fill any void left straight away.

He is just being sour playing the pity me unemployed card. Likes the sound of his own voice. If he wanted a heated discussion he is sure as hell going to get it now

Brock is an onfield leader. Will be missed

By me

Brock is an onfield leader. Will be missed

I always considered him a 'marches to the beat of his own drum' kind of guy. Does he talk a lot or mentor young players?

Brock was quality when playing VFL and tutoring would have been a role for him along with Ellard, next year.

We could have up to ten mids, twenty years of age or younger next year.
The best tutoring you can get, can often come from your peers. Ellard and Armfield may have to take up a lot of this work next year.

Brock was quality when playing VFL and tutoring would have been a role for him along with Ellard, next year.

We could have up to ten mids, twenty years of age or younger next year.
The best tutoring you can get, can often come from your peers. Ellard and Armfield may have to take up a lot of this work next year.

Carrazzo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carrazzo is unlikely to spend too much time in the VFL.

Easy to dismiss him and had he not been injured, he would have given us very good service in the seniors. Was absolutely flying pre-season.
Carrazzo at his best is top 22. Hope he regains his best next year as I love his passion. He bleeds Blue!

What's Carazzo's contract status?

I don't think he is best 22 anymore. I love Andy but the game seems to have passed him by with all these injuries he picks up.

Contracted for next year.

Yeah, injuries. We had so many that couldn't play at their best this year.
Ever club have them but Henderson, Carrazzo, Walker, Judd, Armfield etc.

Mick hasn't called me, says delisted Blue

DELISTED Carlton midfielder Brock McLean has lashed out at the Blues for their handling of his removal from Visy Park.

The 28-year-old was shown the door along with Mitch Robinson and Kane Lucas earlier this week.

McLean said he was shocked to be delisted after he held a positive conversation about his future with coach Mick Malthouse late last season.

When Brock came out and said there were indications he may get another one year deal a while back, even then he left room for uncertainty. He was never told he would get one, but received some positive indications. No promises were broken.

I'd suggest the first call he got from McKay, that he himself calls a 'pretty heated discussion', might be the reason nobody else is ringing him just so he can abuse them. You want respect, you have to be pragmatic, discuss your disappointment sure, but don't abuse.

Brock like Waite is another that did pretty well out of us considering his output and inconsistency.

I feel for him losing his livelihood, but you can't keep fronting up when it is contract time and struggle when it's not.

Sacked while in Copenhagen; well I'm with Brock on this one.

The club should be honest and frank with every player on the list before they break for spring vacation.

"How I was sort of told one thing and led to believe one thing and Adam Ramanauskas my manager was told another thing, so there was no real transparency or honesty amongst the whole conversation or the whole situation."

Brock like Waite is another that did pretty well out of us considering his output and inconsistency.

I feel for him losing his livelihood, but you can't keep fronting up when it is contract time and struggle when it's not.

I don't think that's fair on Brock. He's a limited player and a liability when the other side has the ball, but he was never one to sulk despite the injuries and long stings in the VFL. Let's not let a possible acrimonious departure, or the fact that the genius previous footy administration paid a first round pick for him, cloud the fact that he's been an excellent servant from 2012 onwards.

I don't think that's fair on Brock. He's a limited player and a liability when the other side has the ball, but he was never one to sulk despite the injuries and long stings in the VFL. Let's not let a possible acrimonious departure, or the fact that the genius previous footy administration paid a first round pick for him, cloud the fact that he's been an excellent servant from 2012 onwards.

I'm not talking about the way he has left. I'm talking purely games played vs salary. 63 games in 5 years, averaging 21 disposals. I think he has been well paid for much of the time and although he has played some sensational games, we obviously would have wanted more. Let's be honest, he has been chopped for a reason.

I'm not equating it to Waite who is even less performed and was being offered another contract.

Sacked while in Copenhagen; well I'm with Brock on this one.

The club should be honest and frank with every player on the list before they break for spring vacation.

"How I was sort of told one thing and led to believe one thing and Adam Ramanauskas my manager was told another thing, so there was no real transparency or honesty amongst the whole conversation or the whole situation."
Seem a tad disgruntled this week, Azza.

I'd be upset if I hadn't heard that I was losing my job from my boss too...but it's my personal policy not to air my dirty laundry in public, so I'd probably address that directly with the person I'm upset with. Making comments like that in the media just makes you look like a petulant child.
Your neighbours say different........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back