Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually scratch that last post of mine, just read that article, absolutely no way was that nimrod a Blues fan (which was first reported) he almost deserves to get whacked for his disgusting and vile abusive and homophobic language.

Seriously if you're going to get drunk and mouth off disgusting and denigrating language at a football player who is trying to enjoy a night on the town with his partner, to try and look like a 'tough guy', you have got no one to blame but yourself if the player reacts. Not saying its right, but seriously sick of drunken abusive thugs thinking they have a right to abuse players and their spouses on their night off ..

Unfortunately we all have reflexes and breaking points.
Of course White shouldn't have done what he did, but what's Mr. Soccio's story and his need to abuse someone?
Maybe Mr. Soccio should also be tending to his issue of anger management and shelling out some dollars to charity.........but I doubt it that will happen.
Is that right Mr. Soccio?

upload_2015-1-22_14-42-14.png

Unfortunately society is full of knobs, no matter who they barrack for, yes White shouldn't of reacted, but this would happen every weekend where some hero drinks too much and then feels he has a right to mouth off especially at the people in the spotlight as they are more hand tied than others.

If your going to draw your gun be prepared to use it- if your going to abuse some one be prepared for some backlash...knob

No way that we will finish below St Kilda or GWS (for starters) ..

People forget we blew many game winning opportunities last year (Freo, Geelong x 2, Brisbane etc) and you could say a couple of culprits who played a big part in some of those losses (esp the Lions debacle at the Gabbitoir) have been moved on.

I suspect we may struggle in the first month or so due an influx of new faces, but I am expecting us to win around 8-11 games.

I look at 2015 as a development (not a gap) year, where we give more games to the likes of Cripps, Nicky G, Menzel, Holman (hopefully), Bucks, and hopefully BB, DVR, Clement Smith get a few games as well.

There is still too much top-end talent on our list (Gibbs, Judd, Murph, Simmo) for us to finish in the bottom 4, its the middle tier group of players that concern me slightly (haven't got an abundance of quality players in the 100 - 200 games bracket ATM)

Our kids are fine though, but really, for the last ten years, we haven't really managed to develop that cruical mid-range tier of players, which the likes of Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney have in abundance.

Its all about building up those kids into becoming solid 100 plus gamers before we can think about possible top 4 aspirations IMO

Will MM want to treat it as a development year as he will be performance graded on his extension?

Our best bet would be for us to get off to a good start with everyone in good nick so that if we do lose a couple of players to injury the new guys coming in will be coming into a good side rather than a side that is struggling for form or a win which will take the pressure off them to be an instant star.

I agree with what your saying and we know what we can get out of Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Yaz, it is now up to the guys who struggled for consistency last year to step up and find consistently good form, Hendo, Jamo, Rowe to build on last year, Walker, Thomas, Doc and have guys like Kreuzer and Touhy find their feet again with Caz to stamp his authority on games. We've seen our guys play some really good footy, we just want to see it consistently. It's been about 14 years since we last won 4 games in a row, we need to earn back some respect.

Actually scratch that last post of mine, just read that article, absolutely no way was that nimrod a Blues fan (which was first reported) he almost deserves to get whacked for his disgusting and vile abusive and homophobic language.

Seriously if you're going to get drunk and mouth off disgusting and denigrating language at a football player who is trying to enjoy a night on the town with his partner, to try and look like a 'tough guy', you have got no one to blame but yourself if the player reacts. Not saying its right, but seriously sick of drunken abusive thugs thinking they have a right to abuse players and their spouses on their night off ..

LOL nice U turn

Will MM want to treat it as a development year as he will be performance graded on his extension?

Our best bet would be for us to get off to a good start with everyone in good nick so that if we do lose a couple of players to injury the new guys coming in will be coming into a good side rather than a side that is struggling for form or a win which will take the pressure off them to be an instant star.

I agree with what your saying and we know what we can get out of Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Yaz, it is now up to the guys who struggled for consistency last year to step up and find consistently good form, Hendo, Jamo, Rowe to build on last year, Walker, Thomas, Doc and have guys like Kreuzer and Touhy find their feet again with Caz to stamp his authority on games. We've seen our guys play some really good footy, we just want to see it consistently. It's been about 14 years since we last won 4 games in a row, we need to earn back some respect.

No excuses this year. I expect 5th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No excuses this year. I expect 5th

LOL 5th ? Your taking the urine right ? I hope none of the big wigs at Carlton think like you, because there is no way in hell, with the transitional state of our list, we are capable of finishing 5th.

7th, at best (and that's if everything goes 100 percent right with injuries etc)

7th, at best (and that's if everything goes 100 percent right with injuries etc)
I would say scraping into the top 8 would be an A+ year for us, with the caveat that the development of the younger players is the priority. If the match committee persist with playing the same old players even when they drop in form, then it's a failure no matter where we finish.

My 'pass mark' would be to finish around 11-12th and having gotten 15 games into players such as Boekhorst, Cripps, Graham, Sheehan, Jaksch (possibly) and Buckley, plus a solid handful of games for the newbies.

To be fair, the assessment of Carlton by the neutrals over at Champion Data isn't that flattering for us either...
history
lets drive looking forward- not looking in the mirror
Anyone wanting to follow a team that is respected by other supporters better give Carlton away now. When we are good we are hated, when we are bad we are hated and derided. There is no middle ground. Respected? No. Feared? Historically. Our standing in the competition was reformatted in 2002 and most data was lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back