Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10978569_10153030754373334_2292971241729784991_n.jpg

Does Hyundai know about the deal we appear to have with VW?

Who is that between Warnock and Watson? Not Kruezer please.

Akermanis spending a week with Mick?

Sooner not have him around the club.

Has been a massive twit in the past, no doubt, but I trust MM's judgement on the matter...

Do we know what he'll be up to? And to be honest, some of the kids would probably be pretty chuffed to get advice from a bloke with footballing credentials like Aker...

Has been a massive twit in the past, no doubt, but I trust MM's judgement on the matter...

Do we know what he'll be up to? And to be honest, some of the kids would probably be pretty chuffed to get advice from a bloke with footballing credentials like Aker...

I know what you're saying but given Akers love for 'telling the truth', I wouldn't be saying too much with him in earshot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's working in the O&M league isn't he?
Yep, pretty sure he's coaching a team up there - but obviously has higher ambitions.

It seems like his crack at the media is past him - with guys like Nathan Brown being a higher priority (probably because they make fewer gaffs and make it less about themselves). Hopefully this has brought him back to earth.

Whilst I think he was a dick, he was also a very good player....and if he can impart some wisdom on our players - particularly our developing youth - then im all for him being around. I can't see his ego getting in the way with guys like Laidley and Mick around. I think the fact that he is there voluntarily, and the club is getting nothing from it - he will be much more humble.

Oi! It's because he's trying to hide his receding hairline.
Haha i thought more just the weird face gestures. Doesnt look like the kind of guy who pauses ever, not even for a photo. High energy, gotta keep moving kinda guy. Menzel on the other hand, hes tapped into some of that Dalai Lala s**t.

Both are good. As long as their chakras are aligned, ommitting high levels vibes and subsequently reaking havok on the field, I am hakuna matata.

Yep, pretty sure he's coaching a team up there - but obviously has higher ambitions.

It seems like his crack at the media is past him - with guys like Nathan Brown being a higher priority (probably because they make fewer gaffs and make it less about themselves). Hopefully this has brought him back to earth.

Whilst I think he was a dick, he was also a very good player....and if he can impart some wisdom on our players - particularly our developing youth - then im all for him being around. I can't see his ego getting in the way with guys like Laidley and Mick around. I think the fact that he is there voluntarily, and the club is getting nothing from it - he will be much more humble.
This.

Although some things he says makes me cringe, he is still a champion footballer and just having that kind of presence is real positive for the club.

I'm sure he's learnt to keep his opinions to himself by now.

Advice from a homophobic bigot who also deeply offended the grieving family of Jim Stynes the day after Jim's passing ?

Hell no, Akermanis is just a really horrible person, who also betrayed the trust of the most respected figure in modern footy history, Leigh Matthews.

No good can come from that toxic creep hanging around our footy club.

Advice from a homophobic bigot who also deeply offended the grieving family of Jim Stynes the day after Jim's passing ?

Hell no, Akermanis is just a really horrible person, who also betrayed the trust of the most respected figure in modern footy history, Leigh Matthews.

ORLY?

The guy could play - I dont care for his controversial statements he made when he was trying to be the "Dicko" of Australian sports media. I think he was ill-advised by those around him who would have instructed him to kick up a stink to get his name in the press.

I'm not saying he should give life advice or moral advice to our players......i would have thought that much was clear.

The guy could play - I dont care for his controversial statements he made when he was trying to be the "Dicko" of Australian sports media. I think he was ill-advised by those around him who would have instructed him to kick up a stink to get his name in the press.

I'm not saying he should give life advice or moral advice to our players......i would have thought that much was clear.

True, but hypothetically speaking, what if one of our players (young or veteran) is actually gay, he wouldn't feel comfortable having a person of Aker around the club.

I think Hird, Voss and Buckley have proven that in recent years, being a great champion of the game doesn't automatically one a decent coach or qualified to mentor young players for that matter.

And I do think its important for coaches these days to impart ethics and life lessons onto their players, especially with our club's history of 'men behaving badly' since Parko retired as coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back