Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that over the last 2 seasons the players with no ticker/brains have been delisted or traded.
For example I can't see Cripps, KJ smith, Rowe, bucks, the 3 Irish, curnow, etc ever falling into that category

Even the young fringe guys like Holman and DVR are all in.

Team ethos and culture has changed significantly in the MM era to the point were a veteran who was sick of footy decided to re-commit on the back of what he has witnessed.

You can't underestimate that fact!!!

and another veteran decided to go elsewhere because he could see that hard work was a not negotiable anymore...?

Recycled players? Let's go through them:

Jaksch...Docherty...Whiley...Everitt...Jones were specifically targetted.
Does that make them any more recycled than Boyd at the Dogs?
Tutt and Dick came for nothing and you can't build a team with 22 kids in 2 years alone.

Shane Crawford was a good footballer and he can cycle very far.

are but you are forgetting that old chess-nut that we found discarded from the eagles...

Maybe Crawford would if he read what we've had to say about his........prognosis........maybe not :)
I usually really like your posts Harks, but I'm calling you out. Are you seriously expecting us to believe that someone with Shane Crawford's intellect can read?

I follow the NBA closely (not quite as much as the AFL) and the gap in quality between our so called experts and their's is incredible. Drives me mad, with the main culprits being the former players and Slobbo. Despite it being their job, some of them don't know a thing about guys who aren't in a teams top 15 players. The Herald Sun journos especially seem to be more focused on supercoach output than anything else.

mmmm it's a bit different over there though. Each team has their own media, so they are all over it. When it's national howeverm say ESPN you have guys like Barkley, Magic Johnson and Shaq giving absolutely awful takes. They're clueless

To clarify for those who missed it, Scum 7th, us 14th, AFL & ASADA will not be able to handle a guilty verdict on Tuesday, and a guilty verdict will be catastrophic for the game.

I don't bother reading any of the predictions from so-called 'experts'. It is a given that they won't have done much research & will just regurgitate the same old stuff. If you were to believe some of the 'experts' over the years, the Top 8 would permanently stay the same.

On a side note, I happened to be reading an article by Matty Lloyd, which was about the EFC doping debacle, & somehow he managed to include a prediction that we are no chance of winning a premiership within the next decade. The sad part about all of this is that these gooses get paid to provide these opinions. Do media bosses think they are getting value for money?

Depends what they're being paid for. Crawford is basically the latter day Lou Richards with the kind of stuff he's writing in the Hun. I don't read The Aged but it sounds like Lloyd has a similar role there. Comic relief, mainly. You're not really meant to take them too seriously.

mmmm it's a bit different over there though. Each team has their own media, so they are all over it. When it's national howeverm say ESPN you have guys like Barkley, Magic Johnson and Shaq giving absolutely awful takes. They're clueless

Those guys come out with a heap of rubbish I agree, much like Dermie over here. I still think there are a lot of knowledgeable types that at least make up for them, like Zach Lowe, Wojnarowski (hope I spelt that right), even Bill Simmons tends to be right on top of most things.

I think its only fair the media has us missing the 8 and not featuring in September. We did nothing last year and lost some games we shouldn't have lost.
But who gives a stuff what the media says 2012 Port finished 14th 2013 they finished 7th. A big jump up the ladder can be done but we must work hard.
People been saying it can all turn around quickly for the past 8 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If recycled players means Grand Finals then I am all for it, these so called experts don't know much do they? Give me 200k and I will be more than willing to talk s**t.

Why not ask Judd - after all - the 'ex' captain says that later 2014 was the FIRST TIME he ever thought that Carlton as Team wanted to play to win.

It was your quote and I'm just interested in you qualifying it......not Judd :)
My observation is of a much more unified team than we have had in recent memory. That may all fall apart post found 1, but that's what's currently showing up.

If you know otherwise and we sitll have 'many" that give up before they hit the ground, it's fairt to ask who they may be......because I don't know.

Why not ask Judd - after all - the 'ex' captain says that later 2014 was the FIRST TIME he ever thought that Carlton as Team wanted to play to win.
If Judds talking about the later part of 2014, then its probably saying more about the team culture that Mick has developed over the previous 18 months coming to fruition, than any particular players that have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back