Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this recent positive news about my beloved Blues, have MLG or Trigger or McKay given an interview recently?

I've seen two statements released from the bunker recently and that appears it.

With all this recent positive news about my beloved Blues, have MLG or Trigger or McKay given an interview recently?

I've seen two statements released from the bunker recently and that appears it.

Trigg and the Pres - shot the Club in the head with their silly naive media slurpy slurp a few weeks ago re a required rebuild ...what a stoopid stoopid pair of clowns as far as understanding what their own words would mean to supporters and the playing group goes.

they have nothing except a silly hovercraft and some 1970's pumped up clown in a blue suit.

Players response is there for all to see.
Supporters response was there at Etihad last week.

What are they going to say now? Malthouse is the one who has to carry the can and actually do something - I'm almost feeling sorry for him.

Trigg and the Pres - shot the Club in the head with their silly naive media slurpy slurp a few weeks ago re a required rebuild ...what a stoopid stoopid pair of clowns as far as understanding what their own words would mean to supporters and the playing group goes.

they have nothing except a silly hovercraft and some 1970's pumped up clown in a blue suit.

What are they going to say now? Malthouse is the one who has to carry the can and actually do something - I'm almost feeling sorry for him.

MM's fingerprints are all over this as well JAB.
His comments about the playing list for the last 2 years would be just as damaging.

The club is putrid.

MM going for senior management in the press conference today about the issue you raised.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ayers-confidence/story-fni5f5nx-1227362377572

The internal fighting is surfacing...

So I'm driving to go out for brekky this morning...

KB comes on at 9.06, gets stuck into Carlton re Hendo...

Get back in the car at 11, they're still talking about Carlton.

Good times.

..........and it's even on this side of the country.

I would say 25% of calls to 6PR on a weeknight are about Carlton and 40% of the Sat morning show.

At least we are not irrelevant ..................yet.

He's saying there is still respect between coaches and playing group, but no unity in how football is being played (obviously!). With the boards media comments some players are questioning why they were brought to the club or given long-term contracts and were now demotivated (obviously!). MM saying he has been undermined by the board, but he is not a quitter and still has respect of the playing group. I've been on the fence regarding which way things are heading but the public comments coming out this week...

Media has been pretty spot on with boards inaction if there is complete disharmony with where things are at internally. Maclure made the good point on 360 last night about how much money the club is losing holding games at Etihad with attendances at all time lows (roughly 16k). Complete cluster*.

Mass exodus of Carlton staff continues

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mass-exodus-of-carlton-staff-continues-20150521-gh6ytz.html

PULLING THE TRIGG-ER

KEY INS AT CARLTON SINCE STEVEN TRIGG BEGAN (August, 2014)

• Nigel Clark (Chief Commercial Officer)
  • Simon Kelleher (Chief Financial Officer)
  • Stephen Silvagni (list management and recruiting boss)
KEY OUTS FROM CARLTON SINCE TRIGG BEGAN

• Jason Reddick (Chief Financial Officer and interim CEO in '14) RESIGNED
  • Anthony Barham (director sales and sponsorship) RESIGNED
  • Shane Rogers (national recruiting manager) RESIGNED
  • Clinton Bown (general manager consumer business) RESIGNED

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mass-exodus-of-carlton-staff-continues-20150521-gh6ytz.html

PULLING THE TRIGG-ER

These are all months old aren't they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for Blues' players to take the heat: Justin Madden

"Dual Carlton premiership star Justin Madden has declared the spotlight should be on the players and not coach Mick Malthouse for a run of stinging defeats, while Channel Seven has brushed aside fears the Blues could be a Friday night ratings disaster. The Blues' terrible start, with just one win from seven matches, is set to be a talking point among an informal reunion of the 1995 premiership side on Thursday. Madden was a key cog in a side which steamrolled Geelong to claim its 16th - and last - flag."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-the-heat-justin-madden-20150518-gh4em8.html
Justin Maddin for president of the club?

David King has just posted an article about the Blues playing bruise free footy.

Well Mr King, here is my rebuttal, your analysis of footy, be it on Fox Footy or writing for News Corpse media, are brain-free critiques that actually me feel stupider for having to listen or read your crap.

#DVBsClosingCook

th

PULLING THE TRIGG-ER

Given where we are as a club, changes are mandatory. As long as the right people go and are replaced with the right people, I really don't care how deep we cut.

Won't say he's done a bad job, but some new ideas and energy won't hurt.

Given the issues we've had with the membership department, I wouldn't rule it out.

We need a huge overhaul from top to bottom and I am pleased with the way Trigg has conducted himself. Quite clearly no one is safe - nor should they be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back