Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogers talks about Brayshaw and Petracca being top of his list, so I don't think that's correct.

On Laverde, the book says that Rogers rated him very highly. It reads to me as though Rogers was a fan of Boekhorst but that the coaches were the ones who really wanted Boekhorst after watching him play. I'm not so sure after reading it that the baker was the one being left to bake the bread as much as he would have liked to.
As I have stated about BB... the talk from the kids grandfather was that he would be picked up by the weagles with their second round pick. Rogers jumped the weagles and took him with pick 19. Maybe he didnt think that Laverde would make it to pick 19 and had already decided that we would jump on Blaine regardless of who was there.

Carlton's young players looking forward to playing under Brendon Bolton
IT was a typical Gen-Y reaction. As Brendon Bolton, 36, was unveiled the Blues’ next senior coach last week, midfielder Nick Graham, 21, was quick to punch his name into Wikipedia.

Rising Star favourite Patrick Cripps, 20, went a step further, downloading a selection of Bolton’s press conferences after his undefeated five-match run as Hawthorn’s stand-in coach last season.

And as Graham, Cripps, Blaine Boekhorst, 22, and Dylan Buckley, 22, sat down this week to discuss the Blues’ future, all were especially excited about one of Bolton’s strengths: his development background, supported by a teaching diploma.
And I love the picture that went with it.
816816-034865b6-5147-11e5-8ffe-a0d4079a7abb.jpg

As I have stated about BB... the talk from the kids grandfather was that he would be picked up by the weagles with their second round pick. Rogers jumped the weagles and took him with pick 19. Maybe he didnt think that Laverde would make it to pick 19 and had already decided that we would jump on Blaine regardless of who was there.

That's not right Dram

We had #19 & #28 before W.C.'s #32

We favoured who we favoured knowing that Petracca, Brayshaw, Duggan, Marchbank and the like won't be there for us.

That's not right Dram

We had #19 & #28 before W.C.'s #32

We favoured who we favoured knowing that Petracca, Brayshaw, Duggan, Marchbank and the like won't be there for us.

Wasn't there a quote either just prior or just after the draft where Rogers stated he watched all the Western Jets games and he rated Viojo-Rainbow as the best of them?

Wasn't there a quote either just prior or just after the draft where Rogers stated he watched all the Western Jets games and he rated Viojo-Rainbow as the best of them?

That's not the way I understand it. We clearly rated DVR more than Menadue but I don't think that was the case with Ellis & Duggan.

We really rated Duggan............we weren't alone.
Will be interesting to see how Ahern & Pickett work out for GWS but I guess they can look at types before best player available..........some luxury

That's not the way I understand it. We clearly rated DVR more than Menadue but I don't think that was the case with Ellis & Duggan.

We really rated Duggan............we weren't alone.
Will be interesting to see how Ahern & Pickett work out for GWS but I guess they can look at types before best player available..........some luxury

I'm pretty sure Rogers said he rated Rainbow the highest of the Jets players. Think it may have even been in a video the club posted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure Rogers said he rated Rainbow the highest of the Jets players. Think it may have even been in a video the club posted.

Rogers said that? That would be a little surprising given we apparently had Duggan in our top half dozen.

Even though Rogers has to pull the trigger, it still is a collective that nuts things out.

Rogers said that? That would be a little surprising given we apparently had Duggan in our top half dozen.

Even though Rogers has to pull the trigger, it still is a collective that nuts things out.

Which would mean that even though Wayne Hughes pulled the trigger, Rogers, as his longtime 2IC, had a big hand in our selections of the Hughes era.

I for one am glad to see the back of both.

I'm not sure how we managed to fluke Cripps but thank Dog that a broken clock is right occasionally.;)

Which would mean that even though Wayne Hughes pulled the trigger, Rogers, as his longtime 2IC, had a big hand in our selections of the Hughes era.

I for one am glad to see the back of both.

I'm not sure how we managed to fluke Cripps but thank Dog that a broken clock is right occasionally.;)

That's your opinion based on......................your opinion, I guess :)
Mine differs a bit as you can select whoever you want but if one part of the system doesn't like you......for whatever reason.....it can get tough.

i.e. Graham should have been playing earlier....Giles' situation shouldn't have reoccurred....Menzel? Maybe another club would have treated him differently.
Not sure how one can be so down on Rogers' work in his three years with us but if it makes one feel better, then fine.

Rogers did ok. Certainly not worth spilling a board over. Combined with the 'too many cooks in the list management kitchen' from the last few years, the move to SOS is a relief for quite a few.

Mine differs a bit as you can select whoever you want but if one part of the system doesn't like you......for whatever reason.....it can get tough.

i.e. Graham should have been playing earlier....Giles' situation shouldn't have reoccurred....Menzel? Maybe another club would have treated him differently.
Not sure how one can be so down on Rogers' work in his three years with us but if it makes one feel better, then fine.

At least we're getting to the heart of your bitterness toward the Club Harks ;)

They darn cost your mate Rogers his due credit as a genius.:)

At least we're getting to the heart of your bitterness toward the Club Harks ;)

They darn cost your mate Rogers his due credit as a genius.:)

Terry, Terry....................you don't listen.

It's not what we do but the way that we've done it, that worries me.
It's hard to see growth in an organisation where everyone sticks their nose into others' roles. IT...DOES...NOT...WORK.

It sounds like you're saying "it's the collective that pulls the trigger" to excuse any strange decisions made by Rogers, but won't afford Hughes the same courtesy.

Terry, Terry....................you don't listen.

It's not what we do but the way that we've done it, that worries me.
It's hard to see growth in an organisation where everyone sticks their nose into others' roles. IT...DOES...NOT...WORK.

Oh i listen Harks :)

I listened for years during the Rogers era when you were in love with the Club and spruiking up his players with your regular training reports etc. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

You then turned 180 degrees the day Rogers got sacked/quit. The turn was instantaneous.

Now it is full out blaming the Club for making Rogers and his players no good once the glaringly obvious decision to blow up Rogers' list was made.

Look, i like your posting over the years Harks. Then and now. It is just the denial of the reason for your bitterness that is slightly amusing.

He failed, he's out. Just like others.

Oh i listen Harks :)

I listened for years during the Rogers era when you were in love with the Club and spruiking up his players with your regular training reports etc. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

You then turned 180 degrees the day Rogers got sacked/quit. The turn was instantaneous.

Now it is full out blaming the Club for making Rogers and his players no good once the glaringly obvious decision to blow up Rogers' list was made.

Look, i like your posting over the years Harks. Then and now. It is just the denial of the reason for your bitterness that is slightly amusing.

He failed, he's out. Just like others.

Fair enough. There's likely some truth in all that, so I can't deny you.............anyway, onwards and upwards........Let's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back