News Carlton request Priority Pick - AFL Commission says NO - post #439

Remove this Banner Ad

Embarrassing, makes us look like beggars looking for handouts, although its most likely a political stunt to ensure we get band 1 compo for Kreuzer ..

Also being discussed in the Blumour discussion thread.

We won't get it, we shouldn't get it and probably have zero expectation of getting it.

It's an ambit claim, meant to support Kreuz compo pick and to counter Brisbane's PP/FA sob story.

Kramer1 said it best 'a good chess move'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've written it elsewhere but I find this more embarrassing than getting the spoon.

A PP takes me back to where we were 10 years ago. We aren't in the same state we were 10 years ago.
We dont actually want a PP though, we just have to hold the AFL accountable a bit here which is sad in itself.

Wouldn't happen if they had clear cut rules or formula's around compensation or acted transparently.

Very smart move by the club. The AFL and Brisbane want to play games, we can join the party and play them too.

We've applied for the priority pick, undoubtedly already knowing the chances of us actually receiving it are slim to none.

Well done to the CFC for standing up for itself. It's about damn time.

Financially, AFL can't afford to have both Carlton and Essendon finishing 17th and 18th for the next 3 years.

GC and Brisbane will recover soon enough but if two of the big four aren't bringing in the attendances, match day revenues will be down big time.

Well this is just silly :thumbsdown:

We don't need it. I hope they knock it back.

Very smart move by the club. The AFL and Brisbane want to play games, we can join the party and play them too.

We've applied for the priority pick, undoubtedly already knowing the chances of us actually receiving it are slim to none.

Well done to the CFC for standing up for itself. It's about damn time.

MOD FIGHT!!!

Financially, AFL can't afford to have both Carlton and Essendon finishing 17th and 18th for the next 3 years.

GC and Brisbane will recover soon enough but if two of the big four aren't bringing in the attendances, match day revenues will be down big time.
I disagree. Once upon a time that was true but not anymore.

Heck, look at the TV right deal they just signed...

They don't need money from a successful Carlton or Essendon anymore.

I've written it elsewhere but I find this more embarrassing than getting the spoon.

A PP takes me back to where we were 10 years ago. We aren't in the same state we were 10 years ago.
I understand you feeling this way, but around the same time Brisbane had just come off a 3peat.
The prevailing view on this board is that the AFL are constantly screwing us. To me this is just the club playing the game and trying not to get shafted, which is presumably what we all want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back