Carlton v Collingwood 2015

Who will finish higher (h&a season) between the Blues and the Pies in 2015

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy just bitches a contest, now way he is elite
k1b8fID.gif
I'm really having trouble interpreting this. Now he's way elite?
That's a bit of a stretch. He's probably just barely elite.

Good awareness to know he had Thomas in support, damn poor execution.

He just bitched the contest
That doesn't make sense, the ball wasn't there to be won it was in his hand. Sure he didn't run straight into a tackle but why would he? Murphy isn't strong enough to run through tacklers, he tried to use his teammate behind him

Good god Collingwood fans are hilarious. You can't just go talking up every kid on your list who has barely played and then have a go at Carlton supporters when they do the same thing.

Murphy just bitches a contest, no way he is elite

Murphy is actually a very courageous player. You say he bitched a contest ... I say there was no contest to bitch. The ball was already won; Murphy was looking for the best way to keep it moving forward and running head long into a tackler obviously wasn't going to be the answer. So what now, you're saying he's no good because once he fell on his arse? Is that really your argument?

Murphy is actually a very courageous player. You say he bitched a contest ... I say there was no contest to bitch. The ball was already won; Murphy was looking for the best way to keep it moving forward and running head long into a tackler obviously wasn't going to be the answer. So what now, you're saying he's no good because once he fell on his arse? Is that really your argument?
So that is him keeping the ball moving forward lol

I face the fact you don't know what you're talking about. Very poor understanding of football from your posts.
I think you need to read back a few of your own posts. I know that is not a reflection on his whole career but that act was weak just to backpedal to avoid contact and the wild handball over his head. What was wrong with just kicking down the line? Or trying to beat the tackle?

I was at times this year impressed by the improvement of Carlton's big KP players this year. I like the look of Levi and Rowe and I think they will be serviceable and could even be good players in a few years. This was one area I thought they were very weak in but they are now much improved. If they can keep Waite and Henderson on the field next year they could do some damage. I also felt their midfield looked ok with Judd in the team but really fell away without him. I haven't been so impressed by their younger future midfielders with the exception of Menzel and at times Buckley, who should get more time in the middle with a bigger body.
I still think Collingwood's young players look better overall, however we have traded for draft picks to get them. Both our young ruckmen could be very good players and both are serviceable at the age of 21 and 20. All of Broomhead (19), Kennedy (19) Langdon (19), and Adams (20) look like players who should have bright futures and all of them have looked good at AFL level although not consistently yet. We also have a couple more top 10 draft picks that have yet to debut.
Everything being equal Collingwood should finish on top in 2015 although not by a huge margin. However going forward Collingwood should pull away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was wrong with just kicking down the line? Or trying to beat the tackle?

Watch your gif again. The kick was never on. Suggesting it was only further undermines your opinion. Taking on the tackler would have been equally as foolhardy, as it's very unlikely he would have broken it and either the ball would have been turned over, or he'd have been pinged for HTB given he had prior opportunity. This is actually all rather obvious tbh. What he did was actually the smart play in trying to retain possession by going backwards to a teammate who was in better position to kick the ball or have space for a handball option. Yes, he lost balance and was unable to execute, but these things happen.

Claiming he bitched it just makes you look simple minded IMO.

Watch your gif again. The kick was never on. Suggesting it was only further undermines your opinion. Taking on the tackler would have been equally as foolhardy, as it's very unlikely he would have broken it and either the ball would have been turned over, or he'd have been pinged for HTB given he had prior opportunity. This is actually all rather obvious tbh. What he did was actually the smart play in trying to retain possession by going backwards to a teammate who was in better position to kick the ball or have space for a handball option. Yes, he lost balance and was unable to execute, but these things happen.

Claiming he bitched it just makes you look simple minded IMO.
If that is going backwards to a man in a better position I am talking to someone how has never played the game and doesnt have a clue

If that is going backwards to a man in a better position I am talking to someone how has never played the game and doesnt have a clue

Sounds like a confession to me. I mean, you reckoned he should tried to kick it LOL, or just run head long into the bigger and stronger tackler - two utterly stupid alternatives for anyone who's played the game. Bat s**t obvious his teammate was in a better position to either kick down the line or loop a handball over the top, if only he could have got it to him. Your assessment of his intentions is almost child-like.

Sounds like a confession to me. I mean, you reckoned he should tried to kick it LOL, or just run head long into the bigger and stronger tackler - two utterly stupid alternatives for anyone who's played the game. Bat s**t obvious his teammate was in a better position to either kick down the line or loop a handball over the top, if only he could have got it to him. Your assessment of his intentions is almost child-like.
You really don't have a clue, if he was trying to feed back he would have turned his body hit Thomas with the hand ball and put a block on for him. Not just s**t himself at the thought of contact. He did have time to kick it down the line what the GIF does not show is what was on down the line. If someone is there worst case is the ball is smothered and go out and that would have been as good as what happened. By taking on the tackle you don't need to try and run through them he could try and get around him or take the tackle and handball off to a guy like Thomas who should be coming past. He picked the wrong option and the option he picked looked weak.

You really don't have a clue, if he was trying to feed back he would have turned his body hit Thomas with the hand ball and put a block on for him. Not just s**t himself at the thought of contact. He did have time to kick it down the line what the GIF does not show is what was on down the line. If someone is there worst case is the ball is smothered and go out and that would have been as good as what happened. By taking on the tackle you don't need to try and run through them he could try and get around him or take the tackle and handball off to a guy like Thomas who should be coming past. He picked the wrong option and the option he picked looked weak.

Talk about not having a clue, this is typical armchair commentary. How slow does time move in this fantasy universe of yours? You can see him try to get separation from the tackler by taking back steps and have no time to turn as he slipped. If he had stayed put and tried to turn, he would have been caught before getting 180 degrees. He also had no time to kick it, suggesting he did is just delusional. Even if he'd managed to get a foot to the ball, it wouldn't have made it passed his opponent, unless of course it went out on the full. Every alternative option you've suggested is inferior to the option he took.

Overall your assessment is idiotic IMO, so no wonder you see a guy take back steps and just equate it with him bitching a contest, because you can't fathom any other reason. Given this lack of insight, you arrive at the most simple and basic of conclusions, ignoring both what's obvious in football terms, as well as the player's history of going in whenever he needs to, to the point of getting knocked out or his jaw broken. He's played like that since day dot too.

Good god Collingwood fans are hilarious. You can't just go talking up every kid on your list who has barely played and then have a go at Carlton supporters when they do the same thing.
Not quite as hilarious as Carlton fans calling Yarran "A-Grade". Funniest post I have read on BF in a while.

Talk about not having a clue, this is typical armchair commentary. How slow does time move in this fantasy universe of yours? You can see him try to get separation from the tackler by taking back steps and have no time to turn as he slipped. If he had stayed put and tried to turn, he would have been caught before getting 180 degrees. He also had no time to kick it, suggesting he did is just delusional. Even if he'd managed to get a foot to the ball, it wouldn't have made it passed his opponent, unless of course it went out on the full. Every alternative option you've suggested is inferior to the option he took.

Overall your assessment is idiotic IMO, so no wonder you see a guy take back steps and just equate it with him bitching a contest, because you can't fathom any other reason. Given this lack of insight, you arrive at the most simple and basic of conclusions, ignoring both what's obvious in football terms, as well as the player's history of going in whenever he needs to, to the point of getting knocked out or his jaw broken. He's played like that since day dot too.

I said the action was not a reflection of his own career, but it does not mean it is not a weak act. I get the fact you want to back up your man that is great but I have had enough of your Murphy can do no wrong ramblings

Back