Carlton v Richmond, 7.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

1st leg in my multi - Tigers 1-39.
After that 1st minute the match just meandered along.... still it signalled footy is back!!!

I think the AFL prefers a season opener with a huge crowd over a season opener that's actually entertaining for neutral fans.
The entertainment is one of these sides losing! I'm happy with it, but there needs to be another big game in the round. With Easter it's Hawks-Geelong, in a non Easter start they need to get Premiers v Other top 4-6 team in the mix on the Friday or Saturday night.

I'm sure the next time Daisy checks his bank balance he'll cheer up. Shocking luck, though.

Menzel very impressive, Simpson effective, Judd provided some short bursts of excitement, but apart from that it was a pretty sombre night for the Blues. What's up with Marc Murphy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The entertainment is one of these sides losing! I'm happy with it, but there needs to be another big game in the round. With Easter it's Hawks-Geelong, in a non Easter start they need to get Premiers v Other top 4-6 team in the mix on the Friday or Saturday night.
haha true about one team losing.

I'm a huge NFL fan. Of the belief that the reigning premier should open the season with a big flag presentation against a top 4-6 team.

I'm sure the next time Daisy checks his bank balance he'll cheer up. Shocking luck, though.

Menzel very impressive, Simpson effective, Judd provided some short bursts of excitement, but apart from that it was a pretty sombre night for the Blues. What's up with Marc Murphy?
Murphys lost the plot and hasn't had a decent year since 2011.

Live at the ground he doesn't resemble a captain one bit.

I'm off him

Who cares what Mick thinks? Both sides were shithouse tonight and won't be playing finals
Richmond were terrible in so many ways but they looked really fit and their pressure was pretty good.

Surely they can clean up their skills and forward line decision making.

I also liked the depth and bigger bodies through the middle.

Haven't read the thread, but I'm assuming the annual "neither of these teams will play finals" comment came up at some point?

EDIT: Just read the above post. Just lol. Comes up every year.

The tigers didn't play like finalists tonight but you'd expect them to play a lot better when Cotchin, Deledio and Martin hit form.

Two bottom 10 sides going at it, nothing exciting to be seen here both in for lean years
your tears are....

And tell that to mick as he stated its hard beating a top 8 side

now sook some more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back