Preview Carlton v West Coast @ Pattersons - 7.40pm Thursday 14th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming off a 5 day break, travelling to WA, Eagles coming fresh off a bye.

Our....#shudder "honourable loss" against the Cats put in perspective of how much the Cats have dropped off and how hard other sides are leads me to believe we'll be in for a bad day at the office.

Our....#shudder "honourable loss" against the Cats put in perspective of how much the Cats have dropped off and how hard other sides are leads me to believe we'll be in for a bad day at the office.

As much as I hate to agree... I'm expecting to lose in a similar fashion to how we lost the 1996 Qualifying Final.

For me..

OUT: Warnock (inj), Joseph
IN: Thornton, Russell

FB: Bootsma, Jamison, Gibbs
HB: Duigan, Watson, Tuohy
C: Simpson, Robinson, Walker
HF: Ellard, Henderson, Collins
FF: Kreuzer, Thornton, Betts
Foll: Hampson, Judd, McLean
IC: Ellard, Armfield, Russell, Garlett (s)

Too early to comment - except to say that we are not going to get a flogging - and I reckon last night wasn't an 'honorable loss' - it was a game we lost due to very poor kicking ( a point I have been boring myself with all year ) - we lost it GeeGaawn didn't win it.

Too early to comment - except to say that we are not going to get a flogging - and I reckon last night wasn't an 'honorable loss' - it was a game we lost due to very poor kicking ( a point I have been boring myself with all year ) - we lost it GeeGaawn didn't win it.

agree

2.9 last qtr killed us.

geez warnock is such a massive player for us.
im my opinion when he got subbed off last night, we lost abit of structure in the middle

geez warnock is such a massive player for us.
im my opinion when he got subbed off last night, we lost abit of structure in the middle

Game turned the moment he hurt his thigh. Tried to battle through it to his credit but you're spot on.

Had he not gotten hurt we'd have won last night by half a dozen goals with how dominant he was.

Is Carrazzo legit a chance? I wouldnt push him, I mean we have the bye to give him a couple more weeks. That being said,

OUT: Joseph, Garlett and Hampson/Warnock of Injured
IN: Lucas, Thornton and perhaps Mitchell

Keep Garlett if Mitchell isnt ready, its just we really need an actual forward.

Despite the loss, we didn't have many really poor performances last night so it's tough to say who should be dropped.

Hampson was poor but I wouldn't be dropping him, especially considering Warnock may be in some doubt. Even if Warnock is right to go, I'd keep Hammer in as he's been quite reasonable this year despite a poor month, and we'll need all the ruck power we can get against Cox and Naitanui.

If Warnock does miss, I'd probably bring in another runner in Lucas.

Didn't like Walker's game despite getting plenty of the ball, but there's no chance he'd get the chop as he could be of huge value against the Eagles.

AJ might be in some trouble but I liked his effort last night. He's a dumb footballer and makes some shocking mistakes but, particularly last night, his endeavour can't be questioned.

Injury permitting I'd be leaning towards not making any changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast are tall and having all3 rucks are handy... In light that we may need to persist with henderson forward I may consider bringing Thornton in as the 3rd defender, leaving Jamison and Watson as the main men. Out Joseph! If Carazzo is brought in I'd sub him... But who else to drop?

Really bar Joseph no one could have an argument put to drop them.. Garletts run and hunger seemed to return again... Simpson hit some form... Ellard and McClean have been very serviceable... Arm field and touhy hitting form again... Watson and Bootsma are getting valuable game time and performing and dropping them might be a confidence drainer. Really our only out of form wplayers using last night as a basis are Judd, Jamison to a degree, Kreuzer to a degree and Garlett to a degree....

In our current plight hard to drop any of those 4

Surely we won't play Carrazzo.

I don't care if he wants to play. The logical move would be to wait until after the bye.

Don't think he will either...

The good thing is he can have a run in the 2's for a half the week after as will Laids...!

Be at full strength for the Pie game, only Murphy to miss!

Since Judd came to Carlton, we are 5-2 at Subiaco. The two losses were vs Freo by 6 points and West Coast by 3 points in last year's semi final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back