Preview Carlton vs GWS: A Historical Perspective

Remove this Banner Ad

I think, from memory, I got to a seat on the 3rd level a minute or two after the first bounce. So I still haven't heard their song. :(

Highlight was obviously BOOTS! (Lowlight - injury to Setants) Scrappy game - no Judd, no Yazz, no Waite, no Carrots = no Carlton. :rolleyes:

I think the orange will grow on me...

Not sure what the attendance was that day, but there was next to no atmosphere in at Etihad that day.
Crowd only came alive in the last quarter. One of those games you forget about pretty quickly and move on to the next week.

Have to disagree HBF, reckon it was the liveliest atmosphere we've ever had against the Giants.

Napoleon Dynamite's cult hero debut, the startled Emu dash for the cash, getting smashed in the clearances, Setanta going down early.

Fact: Not one former GWS player has ever come to Carlton. They hate us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what the attendance was that day, but there was next to no atmosphere in at Etihad that day.
Crowd only came alive in the last quarter. One of those games you forget about pretty quickly and move on to the next week.
Agree, but it was the largest ever crowd I can remember at a Blues vs Giants game.....

Good to beat Sheedy again (even though is more like a team manager of a junior footy team these days) Bootsma 's last quarter, Irish's and Brogan's injuries are the most notable memories for me.

Hopefully Judd plays so the GWS boys can get the autograph they missed out on last year.

The "Silvagni Cup" will be remaining with us this week:thumbsu:

What a fantastic rivalry. This sure beats the one we have with the Filth and the Scum. Let's ask Juddy's kids for their fondest memories of the rivalry.

Well he wouldn't have seen any of the match Doc....

Nah... he would have had to keep turning around... if he was sat 1 row behind her... thats a whole different ball game there.

But my memories... Carlos going down in a massive heap early (thankfully they gave him another chance this year) and us eventually grinding out a win over the new boys on the block.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back