Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaked document embarrassing for Panthers on several levels

350x-321.jpg

The headline at Deadspin.com proclaims the Panthers made a $112 million profit over a two-year span, according to a leaked financial document.
While a business valued at $1 billion making money might not be the biggest news, the document does create two obvious problems for the Panthers.
The first would be the leak itself, as the league works hard to keep books closed for its non-Packers members (an accountant somewhere is about to get fired).

But the bigger problem is one of public perception, and that might be more costly.

The Panthers are in the middle of a campaign to get public funding to upgrade 17-year-old Bank of America Stadium, and the city has already offered to help. State funding is harder to come by, with North Carolina governor Pat McCrory (a former mayor of Charlotte) saying there were no funds to give.

That’s an easy statement for a politician to make, and part of the normal noise of such negotiations.

But the documents that show rich people getting rich only add fuel to the fire of public opinion, and will make it harder for them to convince people to share their money, even if they’re not necessarily making more than any other team in the league.

Looking forward to the coming season! Jumped on board the Panthers mid last year & have been following them closely over the off season. Could not be happier picking up Star in the first round! :thumbsu:

from Seahawks thread:
Cam's 'slump' was 200 less yards, 2 fewer TDs but also five fewer INTs while his completion percentage went up.

From what I recall... the NFL media were all over the slump story early as a 1-4 start wasn't too rosy.

Here's one example: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1365637-breaking-down-cam-newtons-sophomore-slump

want another? but here's the part where he turned it all around.. http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/12/13/2541837/cam-newtons-sophomore-slump-is.html
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/n...tons-year-two-how-deep-is-the-sophomore-slump

Call it half a slump... remember that how you start is how it becomes defined. Whatever happens next is more about team wins that keep the media wolves at bay. For the record.. Newton rushed for 6 fewer TD's in his sophomore season that really was the knock on his sophomore season. Setting high standards in your rookie year are hard to match if the team is losing.

This is one of the few calibre type of modern day NFL players to respect.. >> MLB Jon Beason, who takes a 4.25MIL PAY CUT (only played five games in the last two seasons due to injuries) but with his Panthers finishing a respectable second in 2012 following a slow start for a 7-9 campaign, expect the Panthers to be one of the teams to watch.

152092903.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Jon Beason believes it's his BREAKOUT year..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...n-accepts-425m-pay-cut-from-carolina-panthers

Happy with the effort today from the boys. Few sloppy errors here & there, shame we couldn't get the W, but we took it right up to one of the best teams.

Happy with the effort today from the boys. Few sloppy errors here & there, shame we couldn't get the W, but we took it right up to one of the best teams.
Yeah I didn't get to watch the game but it sounds like a few costly errors once again cost us the game against a very good Seattle defense. Good effort, but still disappointed a bit.

as a panthers and north supporter i honestly cant take any more CLOSE BLOODY LOSSES!!!

Makes you appreciate the ugly scraps alot more (especially if it ends in a WIN & maybe $$$ in the pocket).

huge game coming up v SF, probably the biggest since 08 playoffs, we have only beaten the dregs so far, this will show where we are truly at

Let my return to this thread be the sign that the Panthers are back, and the fans are up and about! We'd have one of the harder schedules coming up for the second half of the year, but it won't matter. We will run over the top of the Saints and will be the leading team in the NFC come play-offs. Only an in form GB would come close to worrying me.

So, are we playing KC or our former coach in the SB?

Woodson had been saying it for years.

Had no idea there were other fans (other than Osmodiar) on here. Lets make it awful for the other fans!

Let my return to this thread be the sign that the Panthers are back, and the fans are up and about! We'd have one of the harder schedules coming up for the second half of the year, but it won't matter. We will run over the top of the Saints and will be the leading team in the NFC come play-offs. Only an in form GB would come close to worrying me.

So, are we playing KC or our former coach in the SB?

Woodson had been saying it for years.

Had no idea there were other fans (other than Osmodiar) on here. Lets make it awful for the other fans!
have been a panthers fan since i lived in north carolina in 05 & 06, have never really felt the urge to post here until now, we would have to be one of the least supported NFL franchises by aussies, i thought that would change when we got cam on board, maybe now we are stringing the wins together it will!
we will beat the saints in both games and take the south! a good time to be a panther fan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This weekend can not come quick enough. Can't wait for the coming weeks ahead to see where we are truly at.

This is one of the few calibre type of modern day NFL players to respect.. >> MLB Jon Beason, who takes a 4.25MIL PAY CUT (only played five games in the last two seasons due to injuries) but with his Panthers finishing a respectable second in 2012 following a slow start for a 7-9 campaign, expect the Panthers to be one of the teams to watch.

152092903.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Jon Beason believes it's his BREAKOUT year..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...n-accepts-425m-pay-cut-from-carolina-panthers

Breakout year = get out of Carolina this year

So much for that.. :rolleyes: but on the flip side.. the Black Cats have a formidable RUSH D. Ranked #2 (average 79 yards per game!!)

what a wierd gameo_O still not happy with our offence but DAMN! that D!

yep, reckon we have the saints covered for the south. the question is can cam produce in the playoffs? lets hope so
At least you know he is a big time player from his time at Auburn

what a wierd gameo_O still not happy with our offence but DAMN! that D!

Obviously a newbie follower. That was a classic slugfest. Enjoyed it immensely. :thumbsu: Took the Black Cats with some confidence. Only one of just five of the boards AE 84 to pick the Black Cats. And props to resident BF Panther fan, Osmodiar , for crunching the BIG CR number. Whoo-hoo!! :D

tumblr_inline_mqsj8i2wEW1qz4rgp_zps55bdb625.gif

Obviously a newbie follower. That was a classic slugfest. Enjoyed it immensely. :thumbsu: Took the Black Cats with some confidence. Only one of just five of the boards AE 84 to pick the Black Cats. And props to resident BF Panther fan, Osmodiar , for crunching the BIG CR number. Whoo-hoo!! :D

10-9? not exactly a common scoreline wouldnt you say?

Its was guts and glory for this one! I put some coin on us too...as a panther fan I'm still well down in that department though lol

10-9? not exactly a common scoreline wouldnt you say?

Well, like anything... every situation needs to be judged on it's own merit.

It's not much the score line that matters in any game as lower scoring games can be just as enjoyable for different reasons. Each to their own I suppose. I've seen 0-0 games in EPL & World Cup games (minus the bs shenanigans = diving ) that were 'on the edge' fascinating contests plus many Steeler v Ravens games have proven to be just as intense / lots happening without much scoring.

As I've officiated local league / State League Gridiron (several seasons) I have had a better understanding and higher appreciation of the many things that the uneducated eye will fail to see / have no idea what is actually going on which is all part of the process to the upcoming play that unfolds... no such thing as 'stop start' in my mind as the educated football mind is forever looking and thinking. Just another level I suppose. Those who make uneducated comments on sports just let themselves down leaving nothing but sheer ignorance. Hate isn't something I even consider when it comes to the tough competition. Losing games should only enhance a team to become better in so many different ways. One dimensional teams never win championships. Fact. Winning ugly is just as important to winning in bursts. Questions are the only way to pass comment on games and having a real interest in the contest is what counts otherwise it's a waste of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back