No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Port are the only ones crying.you don't hear Melbourne, Bulldogs or Saints complaining yeah they will be disppointed but at least thier not making a song and dance about it.

It's because they're sad mentally deficient South Australians rather than noble and beautiful Victorians.

Also they got Monfries before all this nonsense happened.

The latter. There's a significant difference between corruption and the system being against your preferred result
I'm sure that the players don't think that the process was corrupted or unreasonable either, but they don't agree with their interpretation, thus testing it in another court. Look, whatever happens, this season won't be interrupted by injunctions. So I guess we'll just see how they go.

I can understand the annoyance with Monfries to an extent.

Not Ryder though. Buyer beware.

Also Saints did make noises about wanting us to pay for Carlisle.

Melbourne and Footscray have said nothing about Melk and Cram though.

I'm sure that the players don't think that the process was corrupted or unreasonable either, but they don't agree with their interpretation, thus testing it in another court. Look, whatever happens, this season won't be interrupted by injunctions. So I guess we'll just see how they go.
Bottom line is that the club and the players genuinely believe they did not take a banned substance. And they were found guilty on evidence which according to legal scribes is the weakest ever produced that achieved a guilty outcome.

If you asked CAS based on the evidence, did they or did they not take TB4 they would say "I don't know". And therefore the players are guilty.

The fact that an ex WADA senior legal was willing to represent the players and 3 independent judges found them not guilty at the first hearing, and still WADA could not accept that outcome is an insult to those that produced the original decision.

And to have some smooth talking US lawyer that charges $15000USD per day to make a flimsy case appear full of merit and suck the European judges into giving a Guilty verdict is a disgrace.

I don't get it.

If I was an opposition fan I wouldn't give two ****s if Port,Doggies etc are barred from getting top ups the outrage is mind boggling and It's not even their team involved.
Lack of anything else to talk about, rabid media frenzy whipped up by Kochie and others which they obviously don't question. If you take what Kochie has said untempered by fact or reason, then it seems like the epitome of injustice.

You'd think it'd go the other way, because particularly with Port and WB, a weaker opposition would help their own teams. But its the Essendon Hate Factor - If they could throw our remaining players in a Meereenese fighting pit for the crime of donning the sash, they would.

I can understand the annoyance with Monfries to an extent.

Not Ryder though. Buyer beware.

Also Saints did make noises about wanting us to pay for Carlisle.

Melbourne and Footscray have said nothing about Melk and Cram though.
Curious as to why Melb/WB applied for top ups. Maybe it was an 'in it to win it' type scenario, where if they didn't submit they wouldn't get anything even if Port and StK did. But on the other hand I wonder if Melb/WB did it to encourage the ruling to go against Port/StK... probably wishful thinking. But they certainly seem more professional about it (or at least, their media advisors are a bit smarter).

These bogans should be complaining about the remaining AFL clubs - I have no doubt the AFL asked for submissions from the 13 clubs unaffected, and it suggests these clubs gave the thumbs down to Top Up Players.
I'd love to read what Hawthorn or Collingwood had to say about it. Could be entertaining.

What a farce. Appeal to be heard in french for a game only played in Australia.

You can't make this s**t up.
May as well hand over our murderers and rapists to Saudi Arabia while we're at it. Actually, that's a brilliant idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe the 34 are doing this?

Wouldn't you if you thought you were 100% innocent? I would and the missing games part doesn't even come into it. Name and reputation far far more important than 22 games of footy.

The latter. There's a significant difference between corruption and the system being against your preferred result
Unless you're privy to inside info you can't be so certain there was no corruption of process. You must have incredible faith in authorities for that to be the case. The mere fact that the investigation was inordinately long, prone to being manipulated by outside influences, and was devoid of any rights of privacy for the players thus exposing them to guilt via public opinion, is enough for me to want further investigations done. The role of the labour government and the leaking of ACC information is still stinking up the place. Our players have been hammered because the supp program didn't smell right to ASADA and yet the biggest stink in this whole saga still hasn't been investigated. I'd simply be satisfied if the AFL, the government figures at the time, and ASADA were found guilty of corruption to a comfortable satisfaction of Essendon supporters.

Unless you're privy to inside info you can't be so certain there was no corruption of process. You must have incredible faith in authorities for that to be the case. The mere fact that the investigation was inordinately long, prone to being manipulated by outside influences, and was devoid of any rights of privacy for the players thus exposing them to guilt via public opinion, is enough for me to want further investigations done. The role of the labour government and the leaking of ACC information is still stinking up the place. Our players have been hammered because the supp program didn't smell right to ASADA and yet the biggest stink in this whole saga still hasn't been investigated. I'd simply be satisfied if the AFL, the government figures at the time, and ASADA were found guilty of corruption to a comfortable satisfaction of Essendon supporters.
What evidence have you got that there was corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back