No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
given the source, make of it what you will...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...afl-clubs-positive-drug-test-results.1127584/

229939_ec3d9445a6bd1dd329ec5fe99c054f5d.jpeg

If it is accurate, I am a little surprised there were 4 souls on Essendon's list game enough to 'do drugs', other than the obvious in Carslisle (if he was counted as one of the 4).

Wonder what GCs was when they had karmichael?

So Carlisle Nominates himself for stkilda, they do their due diligence on him and and reckon his a perfect fit for them, then after training with them says he is carrying a hip that needs 3 months to recoup. And we are paying for this??

images.jpg

So Carlisle Nominates himself for stkilda, they do their due diligence on him and and reckon his a perfect fit for them, then after training with them says he is carrying a hip that needs 3 months to recoup. And we are paying for this??

View attachment 230888

Everything that happens to Jake now will be blamed on EFC.

So the EFC 34 appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court will only use written submissions - That's right no oral submissions - It's a different legal system in Europe - I imagine this development will further raise the ire of Australian Senators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GW: From the outside it looks like everyone was told to not write Thymosin down
BP: I'm a smart guy, I know it looks like that. But my understanding is that wasn't the case
GW: Were you told to keep it secret and not talk about it?
BP: I interpreted it as no different to not talking to people about what running we were doing or how we were training. I can't speak for the others but that's how I interpreted it.

GW: Have you felt supported by Essendon in the way you should?
BP: No. I understand their priority is their current players but they could've done more along the way.
GW: Are they in contact with you now?
BP: Not really. I get a call occasionally but it's pretty vague.
GW: Did they cut off your legal fees when you sought outside representation?
BP: Yes
GW: Do the players outside the circle feel the same as you?
BP: The ones I've spoken to, yes

I think this requires a follow up question from whateley. Did you know what you were receiving at the time? Or were you were deceived?

This is extremely important distinction - if the players took things without knowing what they were at the time then they have a level of responsibility and they let themselves down.

If dank deceived them and gave them something other than advised then they have a criminal case against him for pharmaceutical counterfeitication.

So it either the players are idiots or they should press charges against dank

"I wasn't trying to hide anything. I just didn't write it (Thymosin) down on the doping form."

Read that sentence back a couple of times and let it sink in.

"I wasn't trying to hide anything. I just didn't write it (Thymosin) down on the doping form" then goes on to say Hird is bad, EFC is bad and I'm just a scared little victim"

He's been found to be a drug cheat. He was deceptive in his responses to investigators.
Own it you little grub.

Read that sentence back a couple of times and let it sink in.

"I wasn't trying to hide anything. I just didn't write it (Thymosin) down on the doping form" then goes on to say Hird is bad, EFC is bad and I'm just a scared little victim"

He's been found to be a drug cheat. He was deceptive in his responses to investigators.
Own it you little grub.

Not making any judgment on him, but his answers to those questions just were not good enough. If other players did/would answer the same way then they have to realise how that looks if they dont already. & how can CAS be blamed for deciding to just not believe them...

Not making any judgment on him, but his answers to those questions just were not good enough. If other players did/would answer the same way then they have to realise how that looks if they dont already.
But if that is the truth, what else should he do exactly?

But if that is the truth, what else should he do exactly?

Dunno, if thats the truth, that they wrote down the drugs they were taking at the time except 'Thymosin' & they dont know why they did that & 4 years later still cannot offer a plausible explanation as to 'why' then I guess they are ****ed...oh wait.

What actually is the question on the forms though? I don't think it was a requirement to fill out that question, but if you do write it down then it looks better later? Or something like that? I've seen sample forms but I'm not sure if they're from 2012 or more recent ones where the wording might've been changed.

What actually is the question on the forms though? I don't think it was a requirement to fill out that question, but if you do write it down then it looks better later? Or something like that? I've seen sample forms but I'm not sure if they're from 2012 or more recent ones where the wording might've been changed.

You are 100% spot on with your post - I've never found a case where CAS has worried what an athlete has put or not put on their doping control form - It was merely a case of CAS twisting this to justify their no fault discount.

I am happy that players and their friends and families did enough during the program to check that substances were illegal - Players may have unwittingly been given 55 prohibited substances, BUT there still must be enough PROOF this occurred - I doubt the CAS tribunal provedthis during the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back