Casey Cardinia FNL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Cranny won by 4-5 goals ( I was busy trying to coax the kids off the grassy Mt Everest behind the social club for much of the 2nd half). Good tight clean contest for much of the game with the eagles having the edge.. Narre hit the front early in the last but ran out of legs after that especially because of finishing the game kicking into a strong wind but to their credit they never gave up. Decent sized crowd 5-6000 with the majority supporting Narre as usual, but was strangely quiet compared to last year's final and the ground was in perfect condition as opposed to the sand-farce last year. I'm tipping that Narre will fall a few places in the next couple of years but they have immensely strong junior teams with players on the cusp of seniors footy,and as long they keep those players and not lose them to AFL or other leagues, expect another Narre dynasty starting within 5 years to be as or more dominating than the last.

Agreed with this. I'd love to see all the team of the years from the three divisions play each other as well.

You may have heard of last years "best of the best" - South Barwon beat Marby park from EDFL... Slightly different invitational this year so you may get to see the best of metro play the best of country...

2011 Best and Fairest winners;

Beaconsfield:
Berwick: Brad Fowler
Cranbourne:
Devon Meadows:
Doveton: Ryan Pearson (from Clint Wilson)
Hampton Park:
Keysborough: Tyson King (from Ryan Goodes)
Narre Warren: Michael Collins (from Josh Tonna)
Pakenham: Russell Lehman (from Kym Jones)
ROC: Ben Johnson (from Ben Tivendale)
Tooradin-Dalmore: Ryan White (from Beau Miller)

Can anyone help fill in the gaps?

You may have heard of last years "best of the best" - South Barwon beat Marby park from EDFL... Slightly different invitational this year so you may get to see the best of metro play the best of country...

Yeah, it's an interesting concept. I'd be very interested to see how Cranbourne would go against these teams.

Keysborough have appointed Gary Connolly as senior coach.

Nice CV;
- Recruiting Officer for Brisbane Lions in 2001/2
- Senior Assistant Coach to Gary Ayers at Port Melbourne in 2008
- Development/Assistant Coach to Shannon Grant at Frankston Dolphins in 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keysborough may be in for even a longer year in 2012.

Combo of had to settle for the next best coach who is a SFL div 2 coach at best and the massive loss of Tyson King and others to Chelsea...

Mr Connelly left a SFL Div 3 premiership with the Parkmore Pirates as assistant coach of his CV.

I suppose it doesnt count as they folded the next year:rolleyes:

Narre also got Steve Watson from HP as well. With Olney retiring, Watson should slip nicely into ruck. I wonder if Cranny will step up there recruiting now, just to keep its edge.

Both Baskaya brothers to Naree
With Watson and Soumalis as well seems the budget at Narre has been thrown out the window and they don't rate their premiership winning thirds team very much which has some outstanding players or is Toner bringing some corylynn tricks of trying to buy a premiership?

With Watson and Soumalis as well seems the budget at Narre has been thrown out the window and they don't rate their premiership winning thirds team very much which has some outstanding players or is Toner bringing some corylynn tricks of trying to buy a premiership?

Good Question! Seems the wrong way of going about things and against the proven Narre model of developing from within. When you have the amazing and seemingly endless pipeline of young talent coming through why get mixed up with the tired old game of throwing money at coin chasing mercenaries who run from club to club, year to year and give nothing back to the club. It might get you a flag in the short term but what does it do for the long term health and development of the club? Particularly if those good young players coming through get disillusioned at having their growth and development blocked by these mercenaries and go elsewhere.

If it aint broke......... ??? 4 new big money players come in.... under appreciated locals usually walk out when this happens... time will tell. :thumbsdown:

Couldnt agree more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back