Casual and Non Wrestling Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Cesaro was never released. This is his only run in the company.

I'm just going by what Chris Hero said:
Once upon a time, a close friend of mine named Claudio Castagnoli was released from WWE. Another good friend, Colt Cabana, got his walking papers. The 'Best in the World' Bryan Danielson had his contract 'terminated'. TWICE.

Cesaro was never released. This is his only run in the company.

from memory, he was offered a developmental deal (2008? my timeframe might be out) but there was an issue with his tests or visa or something, so it was pulled.

EDIT: 2006, according to Wikipedia
" In November 2006 it was revealed that Castagnoli had signed a developmental deal with the World Wrestling Entertainment, having impressed them with an appearance on Raw (as a police officer in a backstage segment) and a successful tryout for Deep South Wrestling. Shortly after, Castagnoli was released from his WWE contract."

I am most def a casual, wrestling fan, no doubt I use to love it. Never miss a Raw/Smackdown. Would order every ppv even take the Monday off school just so I could watch it live.

I can't exactly explain why, but It had something to do with Angle leaving the wwe leaving a large gap in what I use to once love.

I still look back the I quit Rocky/Foley match from the Rumble in 99, and Vince Winning!!! omgwtf!!
Cactus Jack/HHH Hell in a Cell!!. Benoit/Angle Submission matches, Hell even TLC! There was so much to love about the entertainment they put on each and every week. Maybe I grew out of it, and maybe it was the whole PG13 changes they made, but I just lost my love for it.

Look JR!! Puppies! Didn't Mae Young give birth to a hand at the rumble once? huh!! Pure gold, and who could forget Trish and the other divas, lets face it, all it was good for is eye candy, but they never hid that we all knew what it was, just great Entertainment.

I still flick on Raw every now and again for a few min, and think who the heck is that guy?? I saw Kane still going around ..... still!!! really??? Is he still the takers brother? good times

Have to also put my hand up as a casual fan. Back in the early 2000's, I watched Raw and Smackdown religiously. Ordered MOST of the PPV's and went to the first Global Warning tour at Rod Laver. Used to absolutely love WWE. These days I flick it on occasionally and recognise a few wrestlers.

Have to also put my hand up as a casual fan. Back in the early 2000's, I watched Raw and Smackdown religiously. Ordered MOST of the PPV's and went to the first Global Warning tour at Rod Laver. Used to absolutely love WWE. These days I flick it on occasionally and recognise a few wrestlers.

Global Warning Tour was at Etihad Stadium (Colonial back then). We had pretty good seats.

Some things I remember:
- Hulk Hogan was in a programme with Lesnar, and was due to face him in a one on one, but withdrew due to a back injury. Couldn't fly it was so bad. Brock was added to HHH vs Rock match instead.
- HHH was in his curly perm days.
- HHH and The Rock beat up Paul Heyman afetr the main event finished. HHH was leaving the ring, but Rock stopped him. At Rock's insistence, HHH dropped the People's elbow on Heyman!
- The crowd were calling Jericho a "wa.nker". Jericho's reply was that he didn't even know what a wa.nker was!
- Orton & Batista were pretty much nobodies. Most of the focus was on Mark Henry and Reverend Devon during that match. I think Batista wrestled as Deacon Batista.
- Edge climbing the steel pillars next to the ring after his win.
- Torrie & Stacey looking very tasty :)
- Setting the record crowd at the stadium (at the time)

That's just off the top of my head. Was a great night.

I remember some guys sitting near us commenting on how fake most of the moves looked. We got tired of it and told them to shut up, as did others around us. Didn't hear a peep after that.

Show this one to them
tumblr_m11newNEeN1r46dd6o1_500.jpg

That's not wrestling though.

I cannot wrestle, yet I can do what he is doing in that picture.

A suplex is wrestling, cutting someone with a power tool is not.

They still do wrestling moves in CZW death matches. I can see why you don't classify it as wrestling though. It's just a different style of wrestling. I agree that cutting each other with power tools etc... is stupid but their still competing in a wrestling match, in a wresting ring, in a wrestling company.

There's also those old wrestling fans that call WWE 'WWF' and I just continue calling it WWF when talking with them lol. Anyway I like referring to the company as WWF! :)

Yes it is! it's just a more violent style of wrestling.

It's bullshit, that's what it is. Requires no talent, and even less brains.

As for the mindset of people who would A) want to do that to each other, or B) want to pay money to watch it, I have absolutely no idea. Just very happy I don't know any of the 12 people who would enjoy watching it, and don't have to associate with them.

Hate it, despise it, loathe it. Absolute farking garbage. Put every one of those "performers" on an amateur mat against Kurt Angle or Brock Lesnar and let them find out exactly how tough or intimidating they are (my guess is after 3 seconds they'd be crying).

No talent, no dedication, no discipline, no training, no ability, no fitness, no athleticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's bullshit, that's what it is. Requires no talent, and even less brains.

As for the mindset of people who would A) want to do that to each other, or B) want to pay money to watch it, I have absolutely no idea. Just very happy I don't know any of the 12 people who would enjoy watching it, and don't have to associate with them.

Hate it, despise it, loathe it. Absolute farking garbage. Put every one of those "performers" on an amateur mat against Kurt Angle or Brock Lesnar and let them find out exactly how tough or intimidating they are (my guess is after 3 seconds they'd be crying).

No talent, no dedication, no discipline, no training, no ability, no fitness, no athleticism.

Well that wrestler getting 'sawed' is Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose), so your statement that wrestlers in CZW have no talent is false. Yes there is a lot of talent in CZW that don't have much talent but there are still talented wrestlers in CZW. Like I've said before, it's still wrestling. They wrestle in a 4 corner ring, they use wrestling moves such a suplexes, powerbombs etc...yes it isn't 'traditional wrestling' but it's still a form of wrestling whether you enjoy it or not. I agree though that it's trashy! They're trying too hard to copy ECW of the 90s but are failing hard. The ECW of the 90s had a roster full of talent, great storylines and booked superbly. Also the hardcore matches were hardcore without being ridiculously dangerous. Same can't be said about CZW. The glass panels and lightbulbs are ridiculous.

Well that wrestler getting 'sawed' is Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose), so your statement that wrestlers in CZW have no talent is false. Yes there is a lot of talent in CZW that don't have much talent but there are still talented wrestlers in CZW. Like I've said before, it's still wrestling. They wrestle in a 4 corner ring, they use wrestling moves such a suplexes, powerbombs etc...yes it isn't 'traditional wrestling' but it's still a form of wrestling whether you enjoy it or not. I agree though that it's trashy! They're trying too hard to copy ECW of the 90s but are failing hard. The ECW of the 90s had a roster full of talent, great storylines and booked superbly. Also the hardcore matches were hardcore without being ridiculously dangerous. Same can't be said about CZW. The glass panels and lightbulbs are ridiculous.

I don't blame the wrestlers as much, they need a payday. I absolutely blame whoever promotes that garbage.

See, when people ask why I used to like wrestling (as there's very little I can be bothered watching now), I have honest and good answers - Flair/Windham, Flair/Steamboat, Liger/Sano, Michaels/Hart, Michaels/Austin, Angle/Benoit and so on. I can put on any of those matches and whoever it is may not like it, but 100% of the time they'll say "they're good athletes I'll give them that" or something similar. What kind of screwed up freak would you look if you showed them CZW (or the worst of ECW for that matter)?

It was too extreme, it was far too undangerous, it immunised the crowd so you can't do any kind of match now because everything has been seen 1000 times. It's rotten. Sorry we're probably not going to agree on this.

I don't blame the wrestlers as much, they need a payday. I absolutely blame whoever promotes that garbage.

See, when people ask why I used to like wrestling (as there's very little I can be bothered watching now), I have honest and good answers - Flair/Windham, Flair/Steamboat, Liger/Sano, Michaels/Hart, Michaels/Austin, Angle/Benoit and so on. I can put on any of those matches and whoever it is may not like it, but 100% of the time they'll say "they're good athletes I'll give them that" or something similar. What kind of screwed up freak would you look if you showed them CZW (or the worst of ECW for that matter)?

It was too extreme, it was far too undangerous, it immunised the crowd so you can't do any kind of match now because everything has been seen 1000 times. It's rotten. Sorry we're probably not going to agree on this.

No I actually do agree with this 100%. If I told one of my non-wrestling mates to type in 'wrestling' in google and the first thing that popped up was CZW, he'd think I'm some nutcase! ECW is no where near as hardcore as CZW (and this isn't praising CZW).

No I actually do agree with this 100%. If I told one of my non-wrestling mates to type in 'wrestling' in google and the first thing that popped up was CZW, he'd think I'm some nutcase! ECW is no where near as hardcore as CZW (and this isn't praising CZW).

Agreed. I've seen the good matches put on by ECW with Benoit and Malenko and Guerrero etc. It's regrettable that seemingly no one remember this now.

There's also those old wrestling fans that call WWE 'WWF' and I just continue calling it WWF when talking with them lol. Anyway I like referring to the company as WWF! :)

iZL1og7.png

I was over my mates house last weekend and the discussing of wrestling came up. There was 5 of us there, 3 of them used to watch wrestling during the Attitude Era up until about 2003-04 whilst 2 of us are still fans! Anyway one guy (from the group that don't watch wrestling anymore) randomly said "Hey how's Chris Beniot doing these days?? He has to be a multi-time WWE champion by now" I just looked at the guy that still watches wrestling and we started laughing! Never have I laughed so much at something wrestling related in my life!

I was over my mates house last weekend and the discussing of wrestling came up. There was 5 of us there, 3 of them used to watch wrestling during the Attitude Era up until about 2003-04 whilst 2 of us are still fans! Anyway one guy (from the group that don't watch wrestling anymore) randomly said "Hey how's Chris Beniot doing these days?? He has to be a multi-time WWE champion by now" I just looked at the guy that still watches wrestling and we started laughing! Never have I laughed so much at something wrestling related in my life!
hahaha omg wow.

Chris Beniot is probably doing well, Chris Benoit however would be rotting in hell now.
Those matches with Angle though were farking brilliant.

Agreed. I've seen the good matches put on by ECW with Benoit and Malenko and Guerrero etc. It's regrettable that seemingly no one remember this now.

Not only that but ECW had fantastic storylines, great promos, smart booking, a modern look, a great booker (who else would have main evented a card with the Michinoku Pro boys) and great characters. I agree that the hardcore side of the promotion often over-shadows much of the great stuff they did in other areas.

Back on CZW and the like, not only is it garbage but it's indicative of the fact that very few wrestlers know how to construct a true wrestling brawl - have a look at Piper v Orndorff or Flair v Funk (I Quit). Logical brawling and a real feeling that they hated each other without resorting to shortcuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back