Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of people are passionate about Apple products and go to online forums to discuss them. There are people out there more passionate about Apple products than we are about Footy. Crazy but true. Are they customers?

Oh and Five Brothers FTW.
five brothers bolognaise is my go to base

Allefgib - A few years ago we (I) tried to get a player sponsorship going. But there wasn't enough traction. I feel it had something to do with the club being too firm on 'it's this or nothing' attitude so the price we were asking for was a little unobtainable (Plus, there were flaws in how I was trying to set it up)

I was wondering if you could discuss (maybe not now but during the year in preparation for 2016) the possibility of getting a player sponsorship or something going. Don't care about the bells and whistles. Maybe just a player (whoever we get, luck of the draw) BBQ with whoever here pays to be a sponsor or something?

I'd like to pursue it again, but to have club support now rather than trying to climb a brick wall to get it done would be nice.

Allefgib - A few years ago we (I) tried to get a player sponsorship going. But there wasn't enough traction. I feel it had something to do with the club being too firm on 'it's this or nothing' attitude so the price we were asking for was a little unobtainable (Plus, there were flaws in how I was trying to set it up)

I was wondering if you could discuss (maybe not now but during the year in preparation for 2016) the possibility of getting a player sponsorship or something going. Don't care about the bells and whistles. Maybe just a player (whoever we get, luck of the draw) BBQ with whoever here pays to be a sponsor or something?

I'd like to pursue it again, but to have club support now rather than trying to climb a brick wall to get it done would be nice.

Wouldn't join in the sponsorship (I don't have that kind of money to throw around) but I think this is a good discussion point on DB behalf.

He can be, but make sure its a worthwide critisum. Not something silly and petty.

Getting upset over him calling us customers is just petty and silly.

He was parachuted into the job by the previous Admin, who were more interested in protected themselves, than the Club (and I include Chapman in this); he's shown repeatedly that he's out of his depth and not competent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure.

It's a Sosta on Rundle street. 1pm Friday 30th. See you then.
You know, I really waasnt interested anyway, but lying isn't really a good trait :mad:

Fagan: "So I now open the floor to you, our loyal fans. Let me know what the big issues affecting the club are as you see them."
We, the great unwashed: "******* RAVEN LOGO'S s**t AND WE WANT THE SONG LYRICS CHANGED BACK TO MIGHTY!!!"
Fagan: Right....um, okay, I'll fix both.

I would literally worship him as one might a God if he did this.

Edit: Since when is ******* a banned word? Galadriel was right; the world is changed.

Given the wage disparity, I'm more than happy for a Crows player to sponsor me.

I still don't understand this - i remember Dirty Bird trying this three or four years ago, and i got stuck on the same thing then. Do we sponsor the player?

Good on them if they can make more coin, but what's the point of sponsoring them? Like STO says they probably make more than most of the people on this board, so we pay them to turn up for a BBQ? I'd think about donating for the right player but I'd want a bit more explanation on what actually happens.

I still don't understand this - i remember Dirty Bird trying this three or four years ago, and i got stuck on the same thing then. Do we sponsor the player?

Good on them if they can make more coin, but what's the point of sponsoring them? Like STO says they probably make more than most of the people on this board, so we pay them to turn up for a BBQ? I'd think about donating for the right player but I'd want a bit more explanation on what actually happens.

It's becauyse some people have this belief, if they are a paid up member of the club - they get to become 'besties' with the players and interact with them everyday. Like, they have some ownership of the club or player.

This is why in 2015, i don't have any issue with them referring to us as a customer.

When my dad was a young lad and become a paid up member of the Norwood Football Club; he had those opportunities to mingle with the players, get to know them, talk to them and mingle everyone on and off the field. He was able to identify with the true definition of what a sporting club was about. That was 1965. He was able to see them almost everytime he went to the club.

We are now in the year 2015; the world has changed. Sport in Australia had changed, it's become professional and the emotional connection between club and member doesn't exist anymore. It's the same paradgym shife seen in the community. In 1965, the club knew my dads name as he would go everyday. I've been a member of the crows for 25 years; I don't thibnk the club knows that.

The definition of what a sport club looks, sounds and feels like has changed. Like it or not, we are now customers and no longer members.

Now, if my $700 each year for a season ticket allowed me to havew a say in how the club was ran, maybe i would feel much more like a member than just a customer.

I'm a customer and I don't care. Get with the times people, the paradgymn shift has occurred and won't move back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back