Catch up with Fages on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

It's why Afc crowds hardly drop off in tough times compared to....

Having said that we have been taken for granted but it appears that is changing under the new administration, except notso.

We have failed well in the past two seasons and yet our home game attendance is strong.;)

Cant wait till the wheel turns to see if the neighbours can muster strong home game attendance after two poor seasons let alone a string of bad games in a season.:cool:

Dont rule out the tarps making an appearance at AO.:rolleyes:

Centrelink refer to people they give money to as customers or clients.

I'm assuming as a client as they are not buying any goods or service.

We buy the goods or product (Football entertainment) the club sells.

Quick update for everyone.

Friday is still a go, no change of plans. Shutes doing his emails late at night - quality ;)

A few of us caught up via skype tonight just to talk through a general plan of attack for Friday. You still have a chance to be inspiring and leave some key q&a type stuff we might get a chance to discuss.

We'll provide a full debrief after of course.

Friday is still a go, no change of plans. Shutes doing his emails late at night - quality ;)

A few of us caught up via skype tonight just to talk through a general plan of attack for Friday. You still have a chance to be inspiring and leave some key q&a type stuff we might get a chance to discuss.

No doubt you have most of the important stuff figured out, but if you need some fillers - I would love to hear Fagans thoughts on whether he has any ambitions in fostering a relationship with another International franchise.

His old club the Brumbies - are reportedly trying to set up an academy system at Arizona State University and their head coach is currently visiting with the New York Giants. I would like to know if Fagan started the groundwork on these projects before he left in December 2013.

Does he have any ambitions for the crows to form a relationship with any international sporting teams? Any focus on expanding the Crows brand internationally?

Q. When are you changing the logo and guernseys
A. Well what an insightful question, I'm glad you raised it. This will be the last year of that s**t

No doubt you have most of the important stuff figured out, but if you need some fillers - I would love to hear Fagans thoughts on whether he has any ambitions in fostering a relationship with another International franchise.

His old club the Brumbies - are reportedly trying to set up an academy system at Arizona State University and their head coach is currently visiting with the New York Giants. I would like to know if Fagan started the groundwork on these projects before he left in December 2013.

Does he have any ambitions for the crows to form a relationship with any international sporting teams? Any focus on expanding the Crows brand internationally?

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-05-07/carroll-supports-crows

Would love to know whether we'd ever consider getting our own academy set up (or are only a select few teams allowed to do so?). Given what the AFL are trying to do, this is far less likely now (although I've got a feeling it won't get much support from the clubs) but it's something I think all clubs should be trying to do as it helps strengthen the game in areas that mightn't possibly be big on AFL or have the funding to really help an individual make it. Then there's the potential reward for the club in being able to get that player onto their list at a 'cheaper' cost in the draft.

Probably something that won't be asked, at least not on the first meet up but I'd love to hear his/Adelaide's views on the topic.

Anyways, look forward to reading how it went/what was asked etc :)

Q. When are you changing the logo and guernseys
A. Well what an insightful question, I'm glad you raised it. This will be the last year of that s**t

We spoke about this last night. It's going to be put under the umbrella of "branding" and Hank is going to lead that point of discussion if we get the chance/time. We want to know why the club thinks the "kiddy" designs are a good idea and whether they have any stats to back it up (% of sales that are the away guernsey etc).

Also that the club merchandise doesn't include clothing that your average joe would feel comfortable wearing on an everyday basis. (because of raptor or other such things)

So we will attempt to bring it up but it's not #1 on the list.

We spoke about this last night. It's going to be put under the umbrella of "branding" and Hank is going to lead that point of discussion if we get the chance/time. We want to know why the club thinks the "kiddy" designs are a good idea and whether they have any stats to back it up (% of sales that are the away guernsey etc).

Also that the club merchandise doesn't include clothing that your average joe would feel comfortable wearing on an everyday basis. (because of raptor or other such things)

To be fair, there are some options without the raptor head that are nice.

Shame this isn't in Large
2012-adelaide-crows-mens-retro-t-shirt-1000.jpg

if they say that the away guernsey is our best selling guernsey or something like that could you point out that so it should be as the home guernsey doesn't change so much that people are more likely to buy a new design as not 1 supporter has it already. It isn't necessarily a reflection on the guernsey itself but that some people like to have all the designs/is an easy xmas present choice etc. Doesn't mean that a more traditional away strip wouldn't sell even better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good stuff

Going over old ground, but if the club really wanted to heal some wounds, an explanation as to why we didnt defend ourselves during the Tippett fiasco would be nice. A proper explanation of Sandersons sacking would be quite helpful too.

I'd say we didn't defend ourselves because we were guilty as. The question (for the board, rather than Fages), is why weren't those responsible immediately dismissed.

Similarly with the Sanderson question, I don't think we need an explanation on the sacking (I think it's clear that we decided that he wasn't taking us anywhere). The question there is why after 1 good year and one bad year did we think it appropriate to extend his contract? If we hadn't done that it wouldn't have really surprised anyone if he wasn't offered a new contract after his original contract would have ended at the end of 2014.

Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.
I am sure he is well aware of the events. However, as he had nothing to do with the Tippett case, it would be impossible for him to answer questions relating to it. Sanderson's sacking he may have had knowledge of, but he wasn't even in the role when it occurred. I think it was likely a case of him being told what was happening.

In any case, you have to ask yourself the purpose of this meeting. Is it to bitch and moan about how things have been done in the past, or to see what his ideas and vision is for the future? Also an opportunity to run marketing/branding ideas; match day involvement etc. by him. Make it a positive approach rather than a negative one.

I've often thought the best way would be to link our coaching and management teams with the San Antonio Spurs.
They are one of the best run sporting organisations out there, the coaching philosophy is very similar to what Walsh has been saying and Patty Mills is not only one of their more valued players, he is also a Crows ambassador. Seems like a no brainer to me.

I'd be looking to get over there, spend some time with them, discuss philosophies at a high level etc... Then invite and host them here during our season and in their off season. Could be a very beneficial program.

Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.
Its exactly right. He (at some stage) needs to know how the board and management of the club have been viewed as a clandestine boys club that was alienating long term supporters and members. Whilst everything has a good feeling at the moment it all becomes lip service if things don't change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back