Social Cats Chat about Our Pets

Is your Pet a Geelong Cats supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Found out from my brother last night that my mum and her partner had to have their 14yo dog put down yesterday :(

Up until 18 months ago the dog was a working sheepdog on a farm but they sold the farm and moved to a suburban house.The dog still acted like a sheepdog though - my cousin who lives nearby them has a 2yo daughter and whenever they came to visit the dog would always follow the girl around the backyard sort of guiding her like a sheep.She loved it.
That's really sad, Jub. Was it something sudden or just old age, etc?

That's really sad, Jub. Was it something sudden or just old age, etc?
Had an problem with a leg that just wouldn't heal and he was now limping real badly

Tom Lonergans mum and sister will be sad.Whenever my mum and her partner went away for weekends or holidays they'd take the dog to a boarding kennel near Yarrawonga run by them.They reckon he's the best behaved dog they've had.He loved going there.

Had an problem with a leg that just wouldn't heal and he was now limping real badly

Tom Lonergans mum and sister will be sad.Whenever my mum and her partner went away for weekends or holidays they'd take the dog to a boarding kennel near Yarrawonga run by them.They reckon he's the best behaved dog they've had.He loved going there.
:(
It's a really hard decision to make, isn't it? He's had a good and happy life with your Mum, though. He's one of the lucky dogs.

Found out from my brother last night that my mum and her partner had to have their 14yo dog put down yesterday :(

Up until 18 months ago the dog was a working sheepdog on a farm but they sold the farm and moved to a suburban house.The dog still acted like a sheepdog though - my cousin who lives nearby them has a 2yo daughter and whenever they came to visit the dog would always follow the girl around the backyard sort of guiding her like a sheep.She loved it.
How very sad Jub :( + how cute that he 'herded' your cousin :hearts:

you can take my farm away but you can't take my job away.He did it to me a couple of times,it was quite funny being herded around like a sheep [no Kiwi jokes]
Or you can take the dog out of the farm, but not the farm out of the dog! ;) It's so lovely that he still kept on doing his job! :hearts:

we've had our new family member for a week today, 11 week old spoodle Daisy

View attachment 196155
Oh candiehappy! How gorgeous!
+ Daisy is adorable too ;)

Couldn't resist! :D

Daisy! What a little sweetheart! Very intelligent + what a face! :hearts: She knows she is loved, doesn't she candihappy? I have an inkling that Daisy is going to have you wrapped around her paw, like most daughters :hearts:

Hee hee!

How long before she's allowed out on her walks? She needs to have all of her immunisations, doesn't she?
yes, she went on a little walk / carry to the end of our road yesterday, but no more than that until the next round of injections. About a week or two away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She knows she is loved, doesn't she candihappy?
she is going to sleep on top of my daughter's doona ( on a pooch nappy thing ), with Lucy's arm over her, ... yes, feeling the love. Except from the cat, who is sorting her out...

That's so cute, candiehappy! I have lots of similar photos of my daughter at roughly that age, asleep with a big white cat cuddled up to her. :hearts: Thank goodness for iPhones and digital cameras! We have so many memories to treasure.

We have a beautiful photo of our goat as a baby, asleep on my daughter's lap. I didn't have a mobile phone back then, so would've had to have run in and grabbed the camera.

We have a beautiful photo of our goat as a baby, asleep on my daughter's lap.
I have a photo of my dad with a goat. But he was a Freemason, and I don't think that we need to go there .....

I think this is so beautiful!

Why can't humans accept one another, like this?
15%20-%201

she is going to sleep on top of my daughter's doona ( on a pooch nappy thing ), with Lucy's arm over her, ... yes, feeling the love. Except from the cat, who is sorting her out...
How beautiful! I can't sleep without my cats in bed with me! I wake up + am :( then I call them + one usually hops back into bed + I can sleep.

Ha! The cat sorting Daisy out! ;) Love it! The cat will come around :)

I can't sleep without my cats in bed with me!
our cat is great. If we are sitting up in bed reading she sits on my lap. There is sort of travel trunk at the end of the bed with a blanket on it. When the light goes out she goes on to the blanket and sleeps there. Once you wake up she comes back up the bed ....

our cat is great. If we are sitting up in bed reading she sits on my lap. There is sort of travel trunk at the end of the bed with a blanket on it. When the light goes out she goes on to the blanket and sleeps there. Once you wake up she comes back up the bed ....
Isn't she a good girl! May I send you my Les Petites for some training please? ;) I think that is lovely candiehappy :hearts:

Speaking of training, I started Les Petites on the Litter Kwitter today!

home-page-photo.jpg

Remember Mr. Jinx from Meet the Fockers using the loo?
07ce409a01780b7094a3c6c0bf3fc01d.jpg

Have bought Meggie Meow a stool to help her on to the loo lol

Back