Social Cats Chat about Our Pets

Is your Pet a Geelong Cats supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My mum is moving from a retirement village in Grovedale Geelong to a respite place and sadly we are looking for a permanent home for an 8yo apricot Miniature Poodle preferably in Geelong. Very loved and was a breeding dog.
We have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and really can't take her on long term, and my sister in Geelong is in a similar predicament.
Anybody interested ?

My mum is moving from a retirement village in Grovedale Geelong to a respite place and sadly we are looking for a permanent home for an 8yo apricot Miniature Poodle preferably in Geelong. Very loved and was a breeding dog.
We have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and really can't take her on long term, and my sister in Geelong is in a similar predicament.
Anybody interested ?

Can you give a few more details? I'm assuming it's a male. Is it desexed. has it had basic training or is it more of a lap dog, is it good with children, other pets etc.? I don't need any more dogs but I can ask around. It must me a really sad situation for your mother.

Can you give a few more details? I'm assuming it's a male. Is it desexed. has it had basic training or is it more of a lap dog, is it good with children, other pets etc.? I don't need any more dogs but I can ask around. It must me a really sad situation for your mother.
Breeding dog as in female, 2-3 sets of litters. Apricot white, sits around the house with my mum, very friendly, needs a few walks, great with kids, dogs, very sweet nature.
I plan to keep her here in Melbourne for 60 days while our mum is in respite care, and we'll try sell her unit at the Retirement village, then we'll need to make the big decisions re Zoe. By then, I'll get her fitter and leaner. We already have a Whippet and a Toy Poodle.

I'll spread the word and see what I can find. It would probably be around Geelong as that's where most of my contacts are. If she is still entire it would be worth having her desexed. It will improve the chances of finding her a good home and would keep her out of the clutches of puppy farm type breeders who would be happy to take her and breed with her for as long as they can. Be very careful of anyone who seems interested in her as a breeding prospect.

I'll spread the word and see what I can find. It would probably be around Geelong as that's where most of my contacts are. If she is still entire it would be worth having her desexed. It will improve the chances of finding her a good home and would keep her out of the clutches of puppy farm type breeders who would be happy to take her and breed with her for as long as they can. Be very careful of anyone who seems interested in her as a breeding prospect.
Sorry, she has been desexed and past her breeding days.
Thanks for the replies.

I'm glad to hear that. There are so many people making money from breeding "oodle" type crossbred dogs and charging ridiculous amounts of money for them. A free to a good home entire poodle would be likely to end up in a puppy factory being bred until her health breaks down.
I spoke to a few people today and they felt that you should contact The Poodle Club of Victoria http://www.poodleclubofvictoria.com/default.asp
and find the person in charge of puppy and rehoming inquiries. The people that I have been talking to thought it would be relatively easy to find a home for Zoe as there are often older people who don't want a young puppy but are looking for a companion dog who will be easy to get along with. I'll still try some of my other contacts. Do you mind if I quote your description on Facebook - only private groups where all members are known to each other?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bots they are gorgeous!!! + rocker_oz33 your boys are beautiful too!

I have two little Burmese kittens now, who are just divine! They came to us in May, I can't believe it's taken so long to get to this thread, time has flown.

One is a Chocolate Burmese + the other a Lilac Burmese, different mothers but same father - The Chocolate is called Smudge á ChocoLaLa + the Lilac is called Suki XiXi Dash-a-Lot :hearts: :hearts:

Introducing LaLa + XiXi

LaLa + XiXi - Footstool.jpg

Back