Cats secure Frawley and are moving in on Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway you look at it, Frawley is a very good fullback and now has added another string to his bow, so the new club will be a winner. Melbourne doesn't lose due to compensation either but I feel compensation is too high compared to other FA.
Yep, only the 'band' should be compared not the actual pick. Buddy got maximum compo.

Yep, only the 'band' should be compared not the actual pick. Buddy got maximum compo.

Yes, those poor Hawks were short-changed when they won that Premiership. If only they could have their time over again.

Anyway you look at it, Frawley is a very good fullback and now has added another string to his bow, so the new club will be a winner. Melbourne doesn't lose due to compensation either but I feel compensation is too high compared to other FA.

Celebrating the fact they are losing a player - both Geelong & Fremantle see tremendous value in. Both can fit Frawley in their side yet Frawley refuses to negotiate with the Demons .... very fishy.

At this stage looks like James & his girlfriend have a very tough decision to make.

Well if he does select Geelong with the lesser offer - to stay in Victoria to be close to family and friends, very interesting times ahead.

Last edited:

Yeah there an odd bunch these Melbourne supporters. Celebrating the fact they are losing a player - both Geelong & Fremantle see tremendous value in. Both can fit Frawley in their side yet Frawley refuses to negotiate with the Demons .... very fishy.

At this stage looks like James & his girlfriend have a very tough decision to make.

Well if he does select Geelong with the lesser offer - to stay in Victoria to be close to family and friends, very interesting times ahead.

Nobody is celebrating losing Frawley, we've just accepted that he's going.

Just stop, you know nothing.

Perhaps if you had watched Frawley at any point for the past 3 years you would understand why Melbourne supporters really couldn't give a * if he goes.

He is mentally soft and doesn't put in effort when it's hard going.

Perhaps if you had watched Frawley at any point for the past 3 years you would understand why Melbourne supporters really couldn't give a **** if he goes.

Both Fremantle & Geelong would appear to disagree with you. But its interesting you would talk about your players like that.

I can honestly say in regards to Paddy my first concerns would be Paddy and what is best for him. Hope he never leaves Adelaide.

Yeah they are a odd bunch these Melbourne supporters. Celebrating the fact they are losing a player - both Geelong & Fremantle see tremendous value in. Both can fit Frawley in their side yet Frawley refuses to negotiate with the Demons .... very fishy.

FYI Jab's post doesn't magically just apply to only some of the threads on this board.

Please continue to post without mentioning Melbourne supporters. Thanks.

Both Fremantle & Geelong would appear to disagree with you. But its interesting you would talk about your players like that.

I can honestly say in regards to Paddy my first concerns would be Paddy and what is best for him. Hope he never leaves Adelaide.

They are professional football players, not little kids who are mentally fragile.

My first concern is the football club, and i'm sure that most football supporters, regardless of the club the support will tell you the same.

If he wants out then no worries, I naturally now want the best possible compensation my club can get for him.

They are professional football players, not little kids who are mentally fragile.

My first concern is the football club, and i'm sure that most football supporters, regardless of the club the support will tell you the same.

If he wants out then no worries, I naturally now want the best possible compensation my club can get for him.

Perhaps if you had watched Frawley at any point for the past 3 years you would understand why Melbourne supporters really couldn't give a **** if he goes.

Wish you luck - I'm sure this will all get sorted out in week 1 of trade week.

Celebrating the fact they are losing a player - both Geelong & Fremantle see tremendous value in. Both can fit Frawley in their side yet Frawley refuses to negotiate with the Demons .... very fishy.

Hardly celebrating, other than a few who think he's overrated

And what's fishy about it? We've been on the bottom of the ladder for his entire career! You think it's fishy he wants to go somewhere where he'll play finals and win more than 4 games a year

This ain't a conspiracy, its the nature of free agency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE CARDS!!!!!

Haven't you been paying attention? FFS!

I thought Geelong had the cards? Or are Freo now the card-holders? So hard to keep up in this thread. Blows around like the wind.

What are Adelaide giving up to get Cameron?

I would say pick 9 and an average player would be the offer.
If he's entertaining offers now, its likely he'll leave after next year, so GWS would be smart to get value for him now.

I think Dangerfield pretty much holding the cards at Adelaide. Pretty much said "get someone big, a good CEO and a new senior assistant and that will go a long way to me staying". I could be wrong, but I think that he's holding out to see how our squad/coaches look next year before he decides to stay/leave.

I would say pick 9 and an average player would be the offer.
If he's entertaining offers now, its likely he'll leave after next year, so GWS would be smart to get value for him now.

I think Dangerfield pretty much holding the cards at Adelaide. Pretty much said "get someone big, a good CEO and a new senior assistant and that will go a long way to me staying". I could be wrong, but I think that he's holding out to see how our squad/coaches look next year before he decides to stay/leave.

Can't see GWS going for that. Give up one of the best young forwards in the game for a top 10 pick and a mediocre player when they're having to reduce their squad size and turf a bunch of talented high picks? Nah. If they want to get value for him now, they'll be looking for a lot more than that.

Can't see GWS going for that. Give up one of the best young forwards in the game for a top 10 pick and a mediocre player when they're having to reduce their squad size and turf a bunch of talented high picks? Nah. If they want to get value for him now, they'll be looking for a lot more than that.

Well they might lose him next year anyway. Pick 9 and Tom Lynch or something like that would be a pretty decent offer.

Remember theyre losing a bunch of players anyway, Jacks, O'Rourke, Hunt, Giles most likely etc. so reducing list size wont be difficult.

Its the same reason everyones low balling offers for Dangerfield when in reality he's worth as much as any player in the competition, even after a crappy, injury riddled season. If he wants out, the team would rather get value for him than have him leave for nothing.

Imagine the hawks had traded buddy to Sydney before a year before he left via FA. They could've got lets just say a Tom Mitchell and a high draft pick, and they'd be a scary scary team in 2014.

Anyway this thread is about Frawley, and whilst I'd love him at Adelaide, I just cant justify the price tag.
We simply wont pay what others are willing to offer (Gee, Fre and i'm sure there are other clubs circling)

We have our pillar backman in Talia, and hopefully we dont overspend on the defensive top-ups.

I could be wrong, but I think that he's holding out to see how our squad/coaches look next year before he decides to stay/leave.

What about ... 3 way deal

Adelaide Get - 2, 13 & Toumpas

Adelaide Give - 9 & Dangerfield

Melbourne Get - 3* , 9 , 33 + Hunt**+ Blicavs

Melbourne Give - 2 & Toumpas

Geelong Get - Dangerfield

Geelong Give - 13, 33, + Hunt** + Blicavs

-----------------
* Frawley Compo
** Negotiable

Net effect for Demons for pick 2 they get Brayshaw , Stretch , Hunt, Blicavs + Pick 9 which is a crack at Mitchell

Net effect For Adelaide pick 2 , Pick 13 & Toumpas - Pick 2 we on-trade for Cameron.

Net effect for Geelong Frawley & Dangerfield

-----------------
* Frawley Compo
** Negotiable

Net effect for Demons for pick 2 they get Brayshaw , Stretch , Hunt, Blicavs + Pick 9 which is a crack at Mitchell

Net effect For Adelaide pick 2 , Pick 13 & Toumpas - Pick 2 we on-trade for Cameron.

So for Danger and 9 we get Toumpas, 13 and Cameron.....Hmmm yeah I'd probably do that.
I still think we can get Cameron without losing Dangerfield.

-----------------
* Frawley Compo
** Negotiable

Once again this is an idiotic trade.

Someone stop him from posting please, he's got no f***ing idea what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back