Caulfield Cup 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this race has no speed and they dordle 2000 who comes home the best? LV? jUNOOB?

Hard to say, Junoob will be closer to the speed but LV has a better turn of foot.

Personally dont think it will turn into a walkathon, jockeys fingers always get too itchy.

Any roughie could win it this year. Favourite might win but I'm not touching it at $3.80. More of a $6-7 chance in a big race. Junoob for mine too. I'll have a few small savers at odds though. Such a tough race. Good luck everyone.

Im just saying Moriarty is value and maybe worth a punt at 30's

Hawkspur beat Junoob over 1600, Junoob was only 2nd up, has improved drastically last 2 runs. Comparing a 1600 to a 2400 i dont do. Like comparing a 400 m runner to beating a 1500m runner for me.

Moriarty is the blow out for me, he has had nothing run to suit in Sydney with the dawdling pace they have been setting. He had no right to run down RR last start after the easy run she had, and his run in the race last year was great coming from last and never got much room to fully let down. He is my 3rd or 4th pick for the race now

I think a couple of years later a couple of Bart's pulled their heads off and cut each other up for the lead (obviously J Cassidy was on one of them ;) ). After they were tailed off near last he said to the press - 'I think I've done an Aiden'

What a legend.

Moriarty is the blow out for me, he has had nothing run to suit in Sydney with the dawdling pace they have been setting. He had no right to run down RR last start after the easy run she had, and his run in the race last year was great coming from last and never got much room to fully let down. He is my 3rd or 4th pick for the race now

If you liked Moriaty's run last year surely Hawkspur's run was better? And the latter looks much higher class of horse.

For the quaddie I'll be taking Admire Ratki, Seismos, Moriarty, Big Memory, Green Moon and Hawkspur

The OTI runners are going well but just way too short now and I'm prepared to risk Lucia

I am sticking with Green Moon for the Caulfield Cup and Honorius in Race 7. But really this years Caulfield Cup really average field.... Cox plate should be much better next Saturday.

After my good all-in bet on Bande died I've ended up backing a couple.

Rising Romance
Seismos
Hawkspur
Junoob

The latter 3 were small plays with sportsbet enhanced odds (spewing I missed Rising Romance and Admire Rakti on it)

Going to try take a first four working with the above and possibly through some roughies like the moons, araldo, LV and the moody duo to fill the minor places.

Between sweeps, my missus bets and my own bets I have 75% of the field, no doubt will still miss the winner!

Plenty of $4.20 around for LV this morning, no doubt they are going to let you on, $5 is a great price for me in a race of limited chances, not as much pace withouth Bande but will still be very genuine, Junoob ran ridiculous sections early in the Metrop, big handicaps always generate pace, much more so than many WFA races so every horse will get their chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Froggy on Best Bets this morning said he plans on making this a true staying test on Seismos. Would be music to the run on backers ears.

I wouldn't say better, not a lot between them. I think Moriarty is going a bit better this prep too and you're getting better odds about him

Hawkspur is a chance too but I prefer Moriarty

I thought the knock on Hawkspur last year was getting the distance in open class. A year on and it still looks like his best form is at a mile despite winning longer races as a 3yo.

Plenty of $4.60 around for LV now, will get $5+ at some point in betting.
What did i say.

Also TOT i believe but havnt had a look
Who do you like in R7?
I like Commanding Time and Pinstripe at his 41.

If Villanove runs a ripper that enhances the 2 that beat him last i guess for CC

If I had to pick 1, I'd take Junoob.

Taking another couple just below it, I'm including The Offer and Stipulate.

A lot have gone cold on the Offer but it's running quite well. Barrier a worry.

Stipulate trounced Brambles first up and it's sectionals were strong in the Turnbull.

I hope the fave doesn't win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back