Discussion CCRC Franchise Bidding announcement/Hub thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A leaked image of the Nueva Ciudad Gallo's mascot wearing what appears to be one of this season's guernsey's have surfaced on many forums online.

Image is here.

BROWNCOATS 1-0!

Calchaqui Valley was buzzing overnight in celebrations of the franchise's first round victory in the CCRC. It's their maiden win and has their current 8,000 membership base hoping for more of the same this year.

Franchise owner Bucketss had a quick word to say about the matchup and round two:
"Round one was very daunting. Both ourselves and the Gallos brought very unique uniforms to the field and it could have gone either way. Fortunately it went our way this time.

"I haven't seen the fixture so I am unsure of our round 2 opponent but just by looking at what the other teams produced in round 1, it's going to be tough every week to get the W."

It's not too late to join the Browncoat Army just head over to our Headquarters at Serenity Stadium to purchase your Season Ticket today!

In one of the fairytales of the season, league giants the Sydney RFC were upset by minnows Birmingham RFC. Excitement at Selly Oak Reserve was at fever pitch, with the smattering of mums and dads of Bears players in attendance starstruck by the Two-Blues cavalcade of highly paid international players.

The Two-Blues couldn't get their usual slick skill based game going on the boggy, uneven park and after conceding tries early, were unable to complete the comeback after the council sprinklers were turned on at half time and the match was abandoned with the half time score standing.

Headquarters down south were abuzz with the news of a new money grant to extend scientific research for another year.

But perhaps, more so, the news that the Heard Island Vulcans have claimed their first blood of the season downing the West Coast Raiders 13-5. Lead scientist and team creator, going by the pseudonym Bryce_Jersey17 had this to say.
"It's wonderful to see our friends and colleagues have a great win and in their opening match too. We're all excited to watch the rest of the season unfold. All of the teams look fearsome. Some even look like something you'd see on a science fiction show. We'd just like to say "Good game" and best of luck to everyone else".

Reivers Won

That is all.
Over my guys :(
Good to see people getting in to this, round 2 will be up tonight if possible. And if anyone would be interested in doing the ladder each week, please pm me because that would be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to have form and next opponent on there but haven't got fixture yet so just kept it simple. Rugby isn't my biggest sporting interest so if there are changes to be made then please point them out. I'm just using a ladder from my AFL tipping competition on MS Excel.

I added in colours and they aren't perfect. They are based off Round 1 kits so apologies if any are off or wrong. Do send me corrections if you feel the need to. Anyway, now for the good stuff!

upload_2015-7-29_18-38-13.png

upload_2015-7-29_18-38-24.png

Last edited:
Was going to have form and next opponent on there but haven't got fixture yet so just kept it simple. Rugby isn't my biggest sporting interest so if there are changes to be made then please point them out. I'm just using a ladder from my AFL tipping competition on MS Excel.

I added in colours and they aren't perfect. They are based off Round 1 kits so apologies if any are off or wrong. Do send me corrections if you feel the need to. Anyway, now for the good stuff!

View attachment 157343

View attachment 157347
Great job there! Looks like you beat THB to making the ladder! Cheers mate.

I wasn't aware that The Half Back put his hand up. I did see the like though. I'd like THB to create one for round one as well and then maintain it for the season for us. I was just keen on seeing where myself and everyone stood and thanks to Excel's camera mode, I can easily share it.

I wasn't aware that The Half Back put his hand up. I did see the like though. I'd like THB to create one for round one as well and then maintain it for the season for us. I was just keen on seeing where myself and everyone stood and thanks to Excel's camera mode, I can easily share it.

Yeh mine's taking a bit longer to get done but I promise all comers that it'll be worth the wait...

Stay tuned, round one ladder is about 1/2 an hour away.

Now thanks to bucketss' brilliant job at compiling this week's ladder, here is the...
ROUND 2 PREVIEW,PROUDLY BOUGHT TO YOU BY SPANNABETS!

DISCLAIMER- ALL TEAMS MENTIONED FIRST ARE PLAYING HOME AND PLAYING IN THERE UNION KIT. AWAY TEAMS WILL WEAR LEAGUE KIT.

South Harbour RFC (3/1) V Calchaqui Valley (5/1)

The Browncoats travel down under to the steel city to battle South Harbour. Both teams bought winning starts to 2015, but South Harbour are the punter's favourite after a convincing victory over Golden State.
Border Reivers (2/1) v Nueva Ciuda Gallo's (7/1)

The Reivers enjoyed a terrific start to the CCRC, thrashing Osaka Valley away from home. The gallos were last week's unlucky losers, can they pull an upset over craegus's men

West Coast Raiders (4/1) v Osaka Valley (5/1) MOTR
Osaka where well held in there bout against Border Reivers, and take on the also winless Raiders in Perth. The Raiders are known to have passionate fans, so the question is can the Japanese overcome all odds and get home?

Roma Azzurri (5/1) v Heard Island Vulcans (3/1)
Paint plays photoshop in this encounter. Both teams were big winners in week one, Heard Island being one of the standouts. Should be a close encounter.

Sydney Two Blues (7/1)v Astana (2/1)
Sydney were surprisingly disappointing in week 1, and sit last in the Southern Conference. They take on Astana at ANZ Stadium.

Zagreb (9/1) v Birmingham Bears (2/1)
The Bears were the real winners of round 1, flogging the Blues at home, and lookto be a force to reckoned with. Zagreb faced Mendoza and were comfortably defeated, but the question on everyone's lips is will we see an upset.

Golden State Kings (7/1) v Mendoza (3/1)
Mendoza, the cherry ripes of the CCRC, have looked increasingly tasty so far. They take on the Kings, who are coming off a close loss to South Harbour.

Klim El_Scorcho @thehalfback Bucketss Codym2723 Dylan8 Damo FC Fizzler Andonis1997 akkaps rabbitoh21

Yeh mine's taking a bit longer to get done but I promise all comers that it'll be worth the wait...

Stay tuned, round one ladder is about 1/2 an hour away.
1/2 hour as of now ;)

Northern Conference after Round 1

s5d894.png

Now thanks to bucketss' brilliant job at compiling this week's ladder, here is the...
ROUND 2 PREVIEW,PROUDLY BOUGHT TO YOU BY SPANNABETS!

DISCLAIMER- ALL TEAMS MENTIONED FIRST ARE PLAYING HOME AND PLAYING IN THERE UNION KIT. AWAY TEAMS WILL WEAR LEAGUE KIT.

South Harbour RFC (3/1) V Calchaqui Valley (5/1)

The Browncoats travel down under to the steel city to battle South Harbour. Both teams bought winning starts to 2015, but South Harbour are the punter's favourite after a convincing victory over Golden State.
Border Reivers (2/1) v Nueva Ciuda Gallo's (7/1)

The Reivers enjoyed a terrific start to the CCRC, thrashing Osaka Valley away from home. The gallos were last week's unlucky losers, can they pull an upset over craegus's men

West Coast Raiders (4/1) v Osaka Valley (5/1) MOTR
Osaka where well held in there bout against Border Reivers, and take on the also winless Raiders in Perth. The Raiders are known to have passionate fans, so the question is can the Japanese overcome all odds and get home?

Roma Azzurri (5/1) v Heard Island Vulcans (3/1)
Paint plays photoshop in this encounter. Both teams were big winners in week one, Heard Island being one of the standouts. Should be a close encounter.

Sydney Two Blues (7/1)v Astana (2/1)
Sydney were surprisingly disappointing in week 1, and sit last in the Southern Conference. They take on Astana at ANZ Stadium.

Zagreb (9/1) v Birmingham Bears (2/1)
The Bears were the real winners of round 1, flogging the Blues at home, and lookto be a force to reckoned with. Zagreb faced Mendoza and were comfortably defeated, but the question on everyone's lips is will we see an upset.

Golden State Kings (7/1) v Mendoza (3/1)
Mendoza, the cherry ripes of the CCRC, have looked increasingly tasty so far. They take on the Kings, who are coming off a close loss to South Harbour.

Klim El_Scorcho @thehalfback Bucketss Codym2723 Dylan8 Damo FC Fizzler Andonis1997 akkaps rabbitoh21

I'll have 100 bucks on every team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back