CD Burning Software

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
For some unknown reason, my CD burning software which accompanied the burner I bought a couple of years back has now refused to copy either CDs, wave files, or data files. Unfortunately also, my older brother to whom I leant the original disc (NTI CD Maker) has gone and lost it ... you can pick your friends ...

So, my question is, any recommended free downloads for CD burning software, especially for straight CD to CD, and Data files to CD, available on the net ??

I currently use RealOne for burning Wave files, which seems to work okay, but I've found that sharewares like Burn At Once, Burn 4 Free and CD Clone either struggle to fulfil their lofty claims, or operate on a now-expired 15-day type arrangement.

Any excellent suggestions ?

Cheers, Ghost.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
nonchalance said:
Which part of the word 'free' did you miss, Zero?

Hehe ... so you're saying I'll need to fork out for something decent, nonchalance ? I can live with that. Just hate to know that I'm paying for what everyone else is getting for nicks, that's all.

Cheers, Ghost

nonchalance

Premiership Player
Mar 14, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah, pretty much. Nero Burning Rom is my burning software of choice, and does everything I want it to very well indeed, although I'm not burning DVDs, so I don't know how well it does that.

Basically, you're stuck between thievery or paying for the stuff everybody else is stealing - but that's the choice with more or less all software nowadays.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To expand on my previous post, both ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP are free CD/DVD burning apps that will do most/all of your standard burning functions. I used to be a massive fan of Nero but over the last few years it's turned into a bloaty piece of s**t that I just can't be bothered with. If you're after DVD authoring or anything like that then you'll need to look at something else, but your basic burning and disc image creation type stuff it's easily covered by those apps.

Back