Toast Celebrating Dayne Beams becoming a Lion. Let's party like it is 2003!!! #swagger

Ok folks, Imma gonna call it.

Beams is in the bag, and we won't be losing an 'untouchable' (thanks Pies fans for the term). I'm happy to bet my BF account on it.

So...let's celebrate!

Christensen + Beams is a trade period for the ages. Go-home who?

Now, I know a minority aren't thrilled about Beams coming to the club - either because they don't rate him or they think the Lions paid too much. And I know others will think I've gone too soon. That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

But I think it is a done deal and Beams coming to our club is fan-frigging-tastic and I don't wanna read bitch-fights while we should be celebrating a coup. So if you're gonna be a stick-in-the-mud, can I suggest you stick to the existing Beams thread?

This here thread is for partying like it is 2003. So let's get cracking!!!!

Just put on my moderator hat for 1 second.

This is a celebration thread, please party poopers take your negative vibes to the trade thread!!!

After losing 5 players last year, to get 2 quality players this year is a great step forward for the club.

Lets hope the players unveiling is in the 2015 jumpers.

Exciting times!!!!

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
10732346_747863748595159_45809635_o.jpg

Already making friends I see.

Havent felt a buzz like this around the club for a fair while. Beams is THE signing we needed, not just on field, but off it as well. We have had a bit of luck in having a few players looking to come to QLD due to off field issues, but we were due for some good karma.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Yep, hard not to be excited at the vibe at the club and what we've accomplished this trade period. Sure I'm disappointed at losing Patfull and Crisp, but it is undeniable the message that acquiring Beams and Christensen has sent to the AFL world in general and to our own relevance.

Kudos to all those at the club that really did pull off a coup in more ways than one. Feeling really excited again about our club's prospects particularly after the debacle and where we were headed this time last year after the GH5 and Voss' departure.

A year really is a long time in footy and on the back of Matthews appointment to the board, Swann as CEO and Leppitsch as coach, we couldn't have nailed those appointments any better and now with the jumper coming back, 2 exciting academy prospects, another connection to our Fitzroy past via Josh Clayton and now two massive acquisitions in Beams and Christensen, you can't not be excited again, even if you aren't saddened by Patfull and Crisp's departure (well I am anyway).

Either way; good times at the Gabba again and with a favourable draw, which is long overdue, bring on 2015!

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I genuinely think we will have the best midfield in the AFL next season, but that's probably just my bias

May 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I guarantee those that don't rate him won't take long to come around. He was my favorite player at the Pies and I don't even think he's peaked yet.

Even though I feel a bit of hate for him now I'd like to see him do well, even if only to prove the haters wrong. He started his career well which meant opposition supporters felt the need to say his ceiling was low (because was pick 29 I guess). He then shot straight through the "ceiling" and became an elite mid.

He's also one of the most consistent players I've seen (as in he's performed since day dot and has never threatened to drop off). Even after missing the first half of the season with a quad injury he came back in his first game for the season and dominated like he'd been playing all year. He kicks goals at the right time, not just junk time goals, proper stand up and count goals.

I didn't want to say many nice things about him to you guys over the past week or two because it hurts to compliment someone who walks away from you haha :( . But since it all looks like coming to an end now I'm happy to congratulate you, have fun with him. He's a jet and there's something about his game that makes supporting him so sweet, you will want other teams to appreciate him like you do/will. Well played.

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
APRIL 4th….. MARK YOUR DIARIES.

GET TO THE GABBA!!

Back