Celebrities that follow the Lions

sonofabeams

Senior List
Apr 6, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kelly Higgins devine, Katherine Feeney (nine news reporter and columist) Mel downes 9 newsreader

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It is just a star studded list...or diamante studded list...or really a list that somebody has bedazzled (or vajazzeled).

Doc Hattori

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2008
Taylors Lakes
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mel Wright (nee Schlanger) Olympic gold medallist and work record holder, is a genuine fan. Tweets about the Lions all the time, re-tweets Lions tweets.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mel Wright (nee Schlanger) Olympic gold medallist and work record holder, is a genuine fan. Tweets about the Lions all the time, re-tweets Lions tweets.
What type of work does she do. I am work record holder in my job but admittedly it is coming from a pretty low base.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well this is awkward. Yes I do know who Mel Schlanger is, I was really making a playful jibe at your use of the word "work" rather than "world", hence my comment about being a "work record holder". Or did you read that and just think I was completely off my ****, I mean it is 11am on a Monday so it is a chance.:D

Doc Hattori

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2008
Taylors Lakes
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well this is awkward. Yes I do know who Mel Schlanger is, I was really making a playful jibe at your use of the word "work" rather than "world", hence my comment about being a "work record holder". Or did you read that and just think I was completely off my ****, I mean it is 11am on a Monday so it is a chance.:D

Lol. Didn't know I'd said "work" rather than "world".

Hardcore Lion

Rookie
Sep 5, 2009
Craigieburn
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The irwins are probably the most relevant celebs we've got wearing out jumper. Mel Schlanger is probably our most genuine celeb fan though.

Robert+Irwin+Brisbane+Lions+Media+Opportunity+Zes68viqSxWl.jpg

The irwins are probably the most relevant celebs we've got wearing out jumper. Mel Schlanger is probably our most genuine celeb fan though.

Robert+Irwin+Brisbane+Lions+Media+Opportunity+Zes68viqSxWl.jpg
Have to get Bob playing junior footy up there. Looks like a tough little bugger like his old man.

Coach: See that kid there Bobby?
Bob Irwin: Yeah
Coach: His Mum has a crocodile skin handbag.
Bob Irwin: That makes me mad. I'm gonna give him a hard time.
Coach: Good work. Just tackle him like you would a croc when he has the ball.
Bob: Uhh coach?
Coach: Yeah Bob?
Bob: Who do so many of my direct opponent's parent wear croc or snake skin?
Coach: It's the Sunshine Coast son.

alscotoz2

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
IMO... Celebrity given a jumper/hat etc during a promotional tour does not a fan make... as much as Eddie McGuire would like to believe otherwise.

Cringeworthy in the extreme esp when most of them don't have a fn clue what footy is...and why would they?

It's a bit like when every celeb from overseas gets asked the question, "How are you finding Australia?" It's a question racked with insecurity and what would said celeb know -all they see is what some PR 'guru' has arranged for them. Any chance they get to see homeless/poverty stricken/persecuted people that populate our country. How would they react if said celeb said, "Actually it's a shithole populated by ignorant (insecure!) bastards". They couldn't give a toss.

PS If anyone form the clubs looking in could you send me down a few jumpers and caps? Cheers a lot.

Last edited:

adey115

Premiership Player
Nov 16, 2001
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy side of the family.
"How are you finding Australia?".

"Google Maps. But mostly I left that up to the Pilots up the front of the plane....."

Back