Central Highlands FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Waubra v Bunninyong- Waubra, I think that the skill and class of Waubra will be enough for them to get over Bunninyong on a dry Dunnstown deck. Also with having the week off they should be much fresher after the Bombers tough encounter with the Tigers at the week end.

Hepburn v Bungaree- This game is hard to call both sides great when they are on, on a dry ground I'd probably pick Bungaree, but on a wet soft surface the Burras might be too good. Should be a great game.

Buninyong survived a real scare from the Tigers last week, but did manage to run over the top in the last on a reasonably warm day. Definitely would think Waubra being a little fresher in the legs will get them over the line.

Wonder if big Ed will be able to get the grand final moved to Daylesford to minimize the travel for the Hepburn faithful. More people would get to experience what its like getting changed in a chook shed too.

haha merrigan does seem a little bit sus Hepburns finals grounds which is why they should let clubs pick from a preset list of grounds instead of home finals. no advantage from 1st to 4th 5th to 8th and im sure if anyone said anything about it they would say its about using the best grounds. having the first final with Hepburn v bunninyong at the ground that was in the worst condition out of them all, makes no sense the grounds that were picked. anyway whats done is done and congratulations to Hepburn and bunninyong on making it. if maybe they did let the clubs choose as an advantage from ladder positions we would be watching the grand final that should of been this weekend bunny v Waubra......
prediction
Buninyong by a whisker

Gee Buninyong would be filthy. Were a better team 99% of the year.
A better team 99% of the year does that get a cup in the cabinet,I don't think so.just wondering how big ed rigged it yesterday?its alright though joey give his mates a an extra game to go on the honour board at the expense of a premiership cup.i thought deep in the last quarter he should of got Crowe to run with Hollywood that might of changed the outcome even know he had blown a gasket standing in the square .so write what you like on here because he who laughs last laughs loudest and it was a loud laugh at Hepburn last night.
P.s just for the record bunninyong don't pay anyone ,ex afl players play there for the love of it even know they offered a Daylesford player over 20 g to play there this year

Wtf ar
A better team 99% of the year does that get a cup in the cabinet,I don't think so.just wondering how big ed rigged it yesterday?its alright though joey give his mates a an extra game to go on the honour board at the expense of a premiership cup.i thought deep in the last quarter he should of got Crowe to run with Hollywood that might of changed the outcome even know he had blown a gasket standing in the square .so write what you like on here because he who laughs last laughs loudest and it was a loud laugh at Hepburn last night.
P.s just for the record bunninyong don't pay anyone ,ex afl players play there for the love of it even know they offered a Daylesford player over 20 g to play there this year

Wtf are you on about?

Something for Bunninyong to learn!
A champion team will always beat a team of champions. Bunninyong to big and to slow to run out big games against good sides.
You would want to hope that Bunninyong dont CHOKE again next year for 3 years in a row!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
I can't see these 2 taking Dunnstown to the top

Did Dunnstown land a new big dollar sponsor or something? Word is they are spending more than $1k a game on a small BFL midfielder. I would've thought they'd be better chasing 2-3 players for that sort of coin.

Did Dunnstown land a new big dollar sponsor or something? Word is they are spending more than $1k a game on a small BFL midfielder. I would've thought they'd be better chasing 2-3 players for that sort of coin.

Does this fella have a name. Wouldn't 5 $200 players be better than 1 $1k player

Clunes looking at their options. Fair enough. Leagues have changed forever and a day, and will continue to. There will always be top clubs, and struggling clubs. The LPFL clubs lists were much stronger in the old LPFL. The old LPFL teams would flog the current LPFL sides ATM. If that makes sense! This is because it was a different league to the CHFL and a point of difference for recruiting. Now the players head to the Maryborough Castlemaine league. With almost 50 clearances heading to that league this year.

Clunes looking at their options. Fair enough. Leagues have changed forever and a day, and will continue to. There will always be top clubs, and struggling clubs. The LPFL clubs lists were much stronger in the old LPFL. The old LPFL teams would flog the current LPFL sides ATM. If that makes sense! This is because it was a different league to the CHFL and a point of difference for recruiting. Now the players head to the Maryborough Castlemaine league. With almost 50 clearances heading to that league this year.
I think we are thinking the same way Wella. After reading Tim Boyle's article on professionalism and $$$ in local footy it struck me. There is no way 18 teams can survive in the CHFL with the current structure. The big clubs have created a false economy which not everyone can achieve. There are not enough people in the district to bring in the necessary sponsorship dollars.
To be a successful team in the CHFL you need players who act professionally. We constantly hear about what the top clubs are doing. The extra training sessions, the numbers at Sunday recovery, the preseason camps, professional fitness trainers. The expectations on the players is very high, which given the coin offered is fair enough. The players need to fit their life around their football, a "second job".
For this reason i think the league needs to split. A league one tier down for guys who love their footy but need to fit it around their life, not the other way around. Your point of difference. Without the travel of MCL.
That way we can still have good old country clubs where you can have a 'kick with your mates' :)

I think we are thinking the same way Wella. After reading Tim Boyle's article on professionalism and $$$ in local footy it struck me. There is no way 18 teams can survive in the CHFL with the current structure. The big clubs have created a false economy which not everyone can achieve. There are not enough people in the district to bring in the necessary sponsorship dollars.
To be a successful team in the CHFL you need players who act professionally. We constantly hear about what the top clubs are doing. The extra training sessions, the numbers at Sunday recovery, the preseason camps, professional fitness trainers. The expectations on the players is very high, which given the coin offered is fair enough. The players need to fit their life around their football, a "second job".
For this reason i think the league needs to split. A league one tier down for guys who love their footy but need to fit it around their life, not the other way around. Your point of difference. Without the travel of MCL.
That way we can still have good old country clubs where you can have a 'kick with your mates' :)[/QUOTE

The whole issue is that the League needs to be separated into 2 separate Leagues - not 2 divisions as there are clubs that will struggle under 2 divisions. There a number of leagues within 1 to 2 hours drive from Ballarat that are dieing and money, numbers etc. are the main problems.

Anybody calling for 2 Divisions in the league should give this a read, it's a common theme throughout all football leagues with 2 divisions

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/leader/no...ble-for-survival/story-fngnvocb-1227357923236

Whilst on one point there is that gap. However look at how even the three tiers are in the EDFL and NFL is this year. Thomastown got promoted from Div 3 and is now clear on top on Div 2 without breaking the bank.
Div 3 in the NFL is looking the most even than it ever has.
Whilst it took about 3 years to settle seeing the split from 2 tiers to 3 has paid dividends for these leagues. The blowouts have dramatically dropped and sides are going into matches on Saturdays knowing they have a chance or will at least be competitive. In an 18 team competition it's only natural there will be such a huge gap between the clubs involved.

Whilst on one point there is that gap. However look at how even the three tiers are in the EDFL and NFL is this year. Thomastown got promoted from Div 3 and is now clear on top on Div 2 without breaking the bank.
Div 3 in the NFL is looking the most even than it ever has.
Whilst it took about 3 years to settle seeing the split from 2 tiers to 3 has paid dividends for these leagues. The blowouts have dramatically dropped and sides are going into matches on Saturdays knowing they have a chance or will at least be competitive. In an 18 team competition it's only natural there will be such a huge gap between the clubs involved.
That's all well and good that div 2 & 3 teams are seemingly competitive, but in our league there will be only two divisions and the gap will just get bigger, take Parkside in the WRFL for example, they won the Division 2 premiership and were promoted to Div 1. A mass exodus of players was the result as they knew they were going to be fighting it out for the last or 2nd last spot.

That's all well and good that div 2 & 3 teams are seemingly competitive, but in our league there will be only two divisions and the gap will just get bigger

There should be 3 divisions, being Ballarat FL (10 teams), CHFL Div 1 (10 teams) and CHFL Div 2 (9 teams). Under this system, Sebastopol would be mid-table in CHFL Div 1, rather than getting flogged every other week in Ballarat FL.

There should be 3 divisions, being Ballarat FL (10 teams), CHFL Div 1 (10 teams) and CHFL Div 2 (9 teams). Under this system, Sebastopol would be mid-table in CHFL Div 1, rather than getting flogged every other week in Ballarat FL.
What about all the junior teams and the netball? What will they do?
Will clubs like Waubra who are good senior teams but struggle to attract juniors just have their junior teams belted by the likes of North?
Especially with the points systems coming in, which will make junior retention a priority.
Does North have to drop all it's junior clubs to accommodate the CHFL clubs?

What about the following:

East Division - 10 clubs
Ballan
Springbank
Gordon
Bungaree
Dunnstown
Creswick
Newlyn
Hepburn
Daylesford
Trentham (from Maryborough Castlemaine FL)

West Division - 10 clubs
Rokewood Corindhap
Illabarook
Skipton
Carngham Linton
Buninyong
Beaufort
Lexton (from Maryborough Castlemaine FL)
Waubra
Learmonth
Clunes

Clunes may not be in CHFL next Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back