Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Wattsy on winning the league goalkicking, certainly short for a KPP but has great set of hands and clearly had a sensational season by anyone's standards. Well done. Let hope Ballan take the positives such as this, and a gutsy win over Hepburn during the season, and take some steps in the right direction for 2010.

Couple of things.. First of all does anyone know if Timmy is ok it's not the same without him on here! How bad was Winduss injured on Saturday I bet 5 clubs in the upcoming finals would be interested in this. Rhys cahir cleaned up by shep on Saturday, heard Rhys was pretty crook will he be right for Saturday?? And lastly does anyone know where the finals are to be held yet??

Winduss went off in the second quarter with what appeared to be a lower leg injury, I'm guessing Ankle. He tried to start the third quarter, contested one centre bounce and then hobbled off and didn't return. Looked sore after the game, but i have no idea how bad he pulled up this week.

On a more serious note, I would like to express my condolences to HFNC. It was a very sombre start to the under 18's game and a sad speech from Eddie.
POPE, I thought somebody from the Burra may have responded by now, and I am surprised they have not.
I would like to say thank you for your kind words, and given the history between our clubs, it was very thoughtful of you to offer your condolences. Well done mate.

POPE, I thought somebody from the Burra may have responded by now, and I am surprised they have not.
I would like to say thank you for your kind words, and given the history between our clubs, it was very thoughtful of you to offer your condolences. Well done mate.

Can one of you share what exactly you're refering to here?
And please pardon my further ignorance but i assume C.McRae got off his charges and why wasn''t T.Beacham playing on weekend??

Can one of you share what exactly you're refering to here?
And please pardon my further ignorance but i assume C.McRae got off his charges and why wasn''t T.Beacham playing on weekend??

Crackerz, the club got the tragic news last Wednesday that we had lost one of our u/18s players, Adam Griffis. Thats what they are referring to... Hound8dog, if your referring that i ( or someone else) should have replied earlier, iv'e had other and more important things to do... You could have said thank you earlier yourself. But, on Monday i sent in the Hepburn Happenings to the footy record and thanked Dunnstown for their support last Saturday. More people within the CHFL would read that, rather than the comments made on here.... Sometimes you just can't win.

Best Ruckman.... obviously Winduss, but i have mentioned before that Scott Crough in 2001 was unbelievable. and ask any ruckman how hard it was to keep coming up against Chief... he was good... And yes im biased but watching big Sal at Ballan, and then in the big games last year for us... well good big men are very hard to find. Jose will be one of the best, if he stays at Dunnstown for 5 or 6 seasons.

i think McRea's case was deferred until after the finals. Which was a sensible decision

Congratulations to Wattsy on winning the league goalkicking, certainly short for a KPP but has great set of hands and clearly had a sensational season by anyone's standards. Well done. Let hope Ballan take the positives such as this, and a gutsy win over Hepburn during the season, and take some steps in the right direction for 2010.
yeah an not take off 2 rokewood like you did .....

Just wanted peoples thoughts on who has been the best ruckman in the chfl over last 10 years ?

Love Chief to death but the best ruckman ( I think he played in the last 10 yrs) was Doc from Beaufort.

Chief, Venner, Windess equal next.

Re Shep's bump on Rhys C. One of the best hits you would see but Rhys took it well and after a moments rest was up and about. You could see it lifted his teammates. Respect.

Thanks to Dunnstown for Saturday. Puts all the petty crap into perspective. Apologies for my post last week.

Crackerz, the club got the tragic news last Wednesday that we had lost one of our u/18s players, Adam Griffis. Thats what they are referring to... Hound8dog, if your referring that i ( or someone else) should have replied earlier, iv'e had other and more important things to do... You could have said thank you earlier yourself. But, on Monday i sent in the Hepburn Happenings to the footy record and thanked Dunnstown for their support last Saturday. More people within the CHFL would read that, rather than the comments made on here.... Sometimes you just can't win.

TIMMY, I was not having a dip at you or anybody else at the Burra. All I said was that I was surprised that nobody had replied to POPES kind and sporting gesture. You know as well as I do that there are quite a few "Burras" that frequent this site, most of whom would have had some sort of contact with Adam. I had not replied myself as I did not know Adam or his family personally. If I have an issue with you, or any policies that I disagree with, be assured, I will tell you in person, and would not try to make you look foolish or un-caring on this site. That sort of loyalty should be par for the course. Consider... Unity is paramount in times of Adversity

just wanting to know what you blokes think about this weeks games, who is going to win and why?

Waubra vs Dunstown - just think waubra will win if it's dry as predicted. Too many guns Mullane, Coleman, Brown, Dodds. Waubra just need to stop r.cahir, Jose a good player but not going to win a final off his own boot.

Bunninyong vs Learmonth - Will be a tight game but think bunnies will be to physical for the lakies, they have a lot of big bodies in and around the middle that will trouble learmonth. From a bunny point of view just need to shut the game down and make it a scrap. Cantwell and Powell need to be watched and if they do this should just get them home.

Have heard that the footy GF is to be played at Nth Ballarat and the netball girls have voted to have theirs at Learmonth. What a joke. Why wouldnt the league show some balls and have both at a ground that can accommodate them. Second rate decision by a second rate administration. Good Luck to whoever has the bar and the catering?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard that the footy GF is to be played at Nth Ballarat and the netball girls have voted to have theirs at Learmonth. What a joke. Why wouldnt the league show some balls and have both at a ground that can accommodate them. Second rate decision by a second rate administration. Good Luck to whoever has the bar and the catering?
it is a sit house call very unfair on all club suporters and very bad for the parents that have kids playing netball and footy at the same time

Looks as if the team of the year was too hard for the CHFL to organise - AGAIN. The league is at a stage now, where we need to introduce initiatives such as the team of the year. The football is at its highest level Ive seen, BFL is losing support fast. However, we will not go ahead when simple initiatives are too hard for the admin.
The CHFL count is a waste of time attending and is boring. Surely this would add some excitement to the night and show everyone the tallent we as a league have available without risking players in Inter-league comps....
I do understand I have brought this issue up before, but just can't let it go!!!:thumbsdown:

I hear the lakers courts are not up to standard but surely that netball stadium could be used which is at lakers. Its only an extra 200 meters from the lakers courts and would surely be a better option than the girls at learmonth. Quite strange in my opinion

venner was a gun i think u are refering to dave florancee he was a very good ruck men massive man and had ya great set of hands

winduss clearly best ruckman, dual henderson medallist in bfl, getting on now but still hard to beat the ox..b&f this year i think will jeremy jose, with jackson murphy the rookie of year.

Dunnstown out in both Seniors and Reserves. Waubra are definately the dark horse come finals.

Buninyong to win against Learmonth tomorrow as well.

winduss clearly best ruckman, dual henderson medallist in bfl, getting on now but still hard to beat the ox..b&f this year i think will jeremy jose, with jackson murphy the rookie of year.

are you even sure he would get nominated over joel mahar??
not saying its a bad choice as he is a good player, but i would predict joel mahar being nominated from bungaree

are you even sure he would get nominated over joel mahar??
not saying its a bad choice as he is a good player, but i would predict joel mahar being nominated from bungaree

Luke Adams for B and F.
Jordan Alixander will win rising star hands down, played every senior game this year bar one, he kicks goals and would poll in our club b and f. He also has another year in the under 18. He gets noticed even in a good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back