Debutant
Feb 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
c'mon lads lets get this thread going.
Any rumours floating around?

i've heard jas leonard is heading into ballarat to play for redan

i've heard some of the boys from illabrook are playing for newlyn

i've heard jimmy rodgers, matt allison and billy albert are playing for east point

catski

Rookie
May 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
c'mon lads lets get this thread going.
Any rumours floating around?

i've heard jas leonard is heading into ballarat to play for redan

i've heard some of the boys from illabrook are playing for newlyn

i've heard jimmy rodgers, matt allison and billy albert are playing for east point

I have heard all these rumours except the newlyn one. Can't say i would be too worried about them. Defiantly a couple of big losses for the burras , would say they are gonna struggle but you never know. Waubras arrogance has already started practically saying we should hand them the flag now. Same thing happened
last year boys don't get too ahead of yourselves . Top teams of 2010? Will daylesford and Ballan still be up there or only one year wonders like buninyong in 08? Should be an interesting year so let's get this thread up and going fellas

Chris_Gayle

Debutant
Feb 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
I have heard all these rumours except the newlyn one. Can't say i would be too worried about them. Defiantly a couple of big losses for the burras , would say they are gonna struggle but you never know. Waubras arrogance has already started practically saying we should hand them the flag now. Same thing happened
last year boys don't get too ahead of yourselves . Top teams of 2010? Will daylesford and Ballan still be up there or only one year wonders like buninyong in 08? Should be an interesting year so let's get this thread up and going fellas

yeah preston and greenwood will be handy pick ups for newlyn by all reports though. waubra would of lost around 16-18 of their team from last year so it will be intresting to see how different their team will be this year.
top teams, hard to say but probably daylesford, towners, bunga and waubra, but like i said to hard to say at this stage.

catski

Rookie
May 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
yeah preston and greenwood will be handy pick ups for newlyn by all reports though. waubra would of lost around 16-18 of their team from last year so it will be intresting to see how different their team will be this year.
top teams, hard to say but probably daylesford, towners, bunga and waubra, but like i said to hard to say at this stage.

Towners is a massive long shot. Jason leornard was there best player so that's gonna be a big hole to fill. Bunga is always up there but I think they lose a few players. Gordon will be lucky to field a team so that's a bit dissapointing , clunes no good , beaufort might chip in a bit, creswick big Hepworth will be in seniors I believe. Ballan a few big losses especially the pearce boys and no doubt ash mullane will be playing seniors, buninyong could be handy this year heard a rumour they have been sending letters to mt clears juniors and a few others.

Chris_Gayle

Debutant
Feb 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Towners is a massive long shot. Jason leornard was there best player so that's gonna be a big hole to fill. Bunga is always up there but I think they lose a few players. Gordon will be lucky to field a team so that's a bit dissapointing , clunes no good , beaufort might chip in a bit, creswick big Hepworth will be in seniors I believe. Ballan a few big losses especially the pearce boys and no doubt ash mullane will be playing seniors, buninyong could be handy this year heard a rumour they have been sending letters to mt clears juniors and a few others.

i couldn't see bunninyong being too good as all the decent mt clear boys end up going to redan.
beaufort signed up beggers, spriggs and crouch, all eligible to play 18s but surely would all be playing seniors.
it should be a good even year by the sounds of it, but it seems the standard of the league is gunna drop a lot which is a shame.
and as for hepworth from creswick, he will probably end up doing what caleb did last year and just play both, i think creswick may be a handy side this year i dont think they lost to many

catski

Rookie
May 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
i couldn't see bunninyong being too good as all the decent mt clear boys end up going to redan.
beaufort signed up beggers, spriggs and crouch, all eligible to play 18s but surely would all be playing seniors.
it should be a good even year by the sounds of it, but it seems the standard of the league is gunna drop a lot which is a shame.
and as for hepworth from creswick, he will probably end up doing what caleb did last year and just play both, i think creswick may be a handy side this year i dont think they lost to many

The 3 ballarat boys will only be there to play seniors so yea they won't be anything to worry about I don't think. Buninyong had apparently thirty at training with a few more to rock up. Might be all duds for all I know but. Any news on recruit to clubs etc.

Chris_Gayle

Debutant
Feb 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
The 3 ballarat boys will only be there to play seniors so yea they won't be anything to worry about I don't think. Buninyong had apparently thirty at training with a few more to rock up. Might be all duds for all I know but. Any news on recruit to clubs etc.

Elliot Kelly to bunnies, very good recruit there and hear they have a lot of numbers but Kelly seems to be the only decent recruit of note so far.
Brad Brennan to waubra, handy recruit there very tough midfielder.
Haven't heared much else.

bigballs#19

Rookie
Mar 30, 2009
ya mum
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anthony talor illabarook runner up best fairest,ryan jeffrey the lpfl league lending goal kicker, luke preston lpfl league best and fairest, brandon greenwood illabarooks runner up best fairest 2 times, jason turbucie gun wing man, all from illabarooks gf winning team to newlyn so some really good on ballers and a good forward good to see how they go

Chris_Gayle

Debutant
Feb 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Anthony talor illabarook runner up best fairest,ryan jeffrey the lpfl league lending goal kicker, luke preston lpfl league best and fairest, brandon greenwood illabarooks runner up best fairest 2 times, jason turbucie gun wing man, all from illabarooks gf winning team to newlyn so some really good on ballers and a good forward good to see how they go

Correct me if i'm wrong, but on Brandon Greenwood's facebook it says his birthday is on June 12th, therefore making him uneligable to play U/18's as you have to be born after June 30th.

Chris_Gayle

Debutant
Feb 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
So updates on recruits and and rumours, Elliot Kelly who was with Buninyong is back training with Lakers in Ballarat and Rodgers, Albert and Allison have been no where to be seen at East and have been at Hepburn the whole time apparently.

Bambino, Geelong District football league and WRFL?

Chris_Gayle

Debutant
Feb 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Played Wyndham Vale juniors then went and played at Anakie where he came close to the league B&F playing in an average side. Kicked 3 goals in his first senior game. Will be more than handy at Ballan.

Compare him to a similar player, better than Ash Mullane?

catski

Rookie
May 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wondering about the game played today against lexton plains and maryborough . Who Had a win and who played well for central highlands?

lovettsagun

Debutant
May 18, 2009
Austalia
AFL Club
Essendon
Just wondering about the game played today against lexton plains and maryborough . Who Had a win and who played well for central highlands?

chfl had a win by two goals but were 7 up at the start fo the last liam hepworth was best on ground
oh and i can confirm j rodgers is playing at east point

lovettsagun

Debutant
May 18, 2009
Austalia
AFL Club
Essendon
On the lexton plains thread someone said Liam Hepworth is moving to carngham, surely not?

no there was talk of him playing a praccy match but he is staying in central highlands for now

and matt spong very handy pick up for ballan and ill say ballan will be in the top 5 again:thumbsu:
what are other teams looking like?

Back