Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Phil Davis coaching out at Newlyn. Newlyn will struggle to recruit with him at the helm. I know when Daylesford approached ballarat based players last year and they were told phil was still coaching, the players were not interested at all because of his one view style which had spread through the traps. His way or the highway. Really rubbed a few people up the wrong way and they ended up leaving the dogs. Will still help them improve a fair bit though. But good luck recruiting. Good to see you gave coxxy permission to go fishing timmy 32. Just make sure he his home in bed in time for his curfew and tucked in nicely ok.
Is this the same Phil Davis who coached at AJAX down in the Ammos.

Timmy are you still looking for recruits or are you happy with the side you already have signed?!!!
Im sure there isn't much cash left in the bank!
Cash not a problem Rooster. We actually finished the season with more money than we started, thanks to a warm Grand Final, bumper crowd and many drinkers giving our bar sales a huge boost.
I doubt you will see us figuring promenently on the CHFL transfers list this pre season. Not actually recruiting, will be giving our young Reserves Premiership side and our U/18s that are stepping up every oppertunity to break into the side if they are good enough and are willing to put the work required in.
We inquired about one, but he had already re signed with his club. We have recieved a few calls from players who have been interested in checking the club out. If the player fits the position that we may require then of course we will try and persuade him to play with us...
That all might sound big headed, but that was the plan the club put in place way back in 2001. We will just keep working hard to ensure we are part of the finals again in 2009.... only time will tell

Cash not a problem Rooster. We actually finished the season with more money than we started, thanks to a warm Grand Final, bumper crowd and many drinkers giving our bar sales a huge boost.
I doubt you will see us figuring promenently on the CHFL transfers list this pre season. Not actually recruiting, will be giving our young Reserves Premiership side and our U/18s that are stepping up every oppertunity to break into the side if they are good enough and are willing to put the work required in.
We inquired about one, but he had already re signed with his club. We have recieved a few calls from players who have been interested in checking the club out. If the player fits the position that we may require then of course we will try and persuade him to play with us...
That all might sound big headed, but that was the plan the club put in place way back in 2001. We will just keep working hard to ensure we are part of the finals again in 2009.... only time will tell

I hear Hepburn were involved in yet another brawl on the weekend, this time with a bikey gang, lucky you have a full list already, can't imagine two many players who would want to be part of that sort of community. Your team may be successfully timmy but it will never be a great club, one to be admired until you get the off field stuff sorted.

I hear Hepburn were involved in yet another brawl on the weekend, this time with a bikey gang, lucky you have a full list already, can't imagine two many players who would want to be part of that sort of community. Your team may be successfully timmy but it will never be a great club, one to be admired until you get the off field stuff sorted.
get your facts right drop kick. not us but our Grand Final opponents were involved. your apology is accepted!!!!

get your facts right drop kick. not us but our Grand Final opponents were involved. your apology is accepted!!!!
So its the AFL now where everyone that plays football is under the spot light 24 / 7, twelve months of the year and when something happens its 'those footballers'. When someone gets smashed over the head with a stubby i am pretty sure you're allowed to defend yourself, wouldn't you think so timmy??? good to see that all of those local kids will get their oppurtunity next year also. Hopefully im around to see it

So its the AFL now where everyone that plays football is under the spot light 24 / 7, twelve months of the year and when something happens its 'those footballers'. When someone gets smashed over the head with a stubby i am pretty sure you're allowed to defend yourself, wouldn't you think so timmy??? good to see that all of those local kids will get their oppurtunity next year also. Hopefully im around to see it
agree with what you say.( from what i know it was only a minor incident ) i was just stating that Hepburn wasn't involved and he had his info completley wrong, as was reported by CHFL fan ... i dont see the problem there??? wouldn't you do the same if the allegations were pointed towards your club?

When have hepburn been involved in a brawl since the dunnstown incident all those years ago hey champ??

agree with what you say.( from what i know it was only a minor incident ) i was just stating that Hepburn wasn't involved and he had his info completley wrong, as was reported by CHFL fan ... i dont see the problem there??? wouldn't you do the same if the allegations were pointed towards your club?

Hows things Timmy32? Its your old mate over here in Ireland!! Good to see you on bigfooty sorting out a few of the rumours that people get on here spreading... I still find it intriguing the amount of people that are on this site putting down the Hepburn Football Club.. I guess that all these people are unfortunate to of never been involved with a club that has such hard working people and a desire for success at all levels.
Nicely done with the signing of players for next year and im intersted in your future posts.

PS- Ill try recruit a few of the Irish boys for ya.... even if its just for the two's!!! They loved their trip a few months back for the International Cup so a few are keen to return.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have also heard this rumour. Lots of major league experience in both Bendigo and Ballarat leagues as well as a coaching stint at Trentham make for a good fit at Daylesford IMO, (if in fact it is correct of course).

Luke Beattie has been confirmed as Dford coach. Will add a lot to them. Excellent forward at CHFL standard and will be hard to match up on in CHFL.

Timmy is it true that you are making a play for a small forward who used to play with the club in 05,06!!!!!!!!

Luke Beattie has been confirmed as Dford coach. Will add a lot to them. Excellent forward at CHFL standard and will be hard to match up on in CHFL.

How many coaches is that for D'ford in 3-4 years? They go through them pretty quick, any D'ford person out there wish to comment?:cool:

How many coaches is that for D'ford in 3-4 years? They go through them pretty quick, any D'ford person out there wish to comment?:cool:

Luke Adams coached in 2006 because we didnt have much time to find one, given we just changed leagues. It was always his intension to just coach 2006 and the club would get a coach in 2007.

After 2007, we had retained our coach only to be left by him 4 weeks out. The playing group are still waiting for a reason from him. While the group may be annoyed that he walked out without informing the players why, there is still a huge respect for Phil, as he did take us to a flag, the first in over 40 years.
When Phil left, we once again didnt really have time to find a coach (4 weeks), so Darren McColl (assistant to Phil) took over. The club always had the intention to review the situation once again at the end of the year.

So its not like we go through the coaches alot. Its just the circumstances the club has been put in over the past few years.

Luke Adams coached in 2006 because we didnt have much time to find one, given we just changed leagues. It was always his intension to just coach 2006 and the club would get a coach in 2007.

After 2007, we had retained our coach only to be left by him 4 weeks out. The playing group are still waiting for a reason from him. While the group may be annoyed that he walked out without informing the players why, there is still a huge respect for Phil, as he did take us to a flag, the first in over 40 years.
When Phil left, we once again didnt really have time to find a coach (4 weeks), so Darren McColl (assistant to Phil) took over. The club always had the intention to review the situation once again at the end of the year.

So its not like we go through the coaches alot. Its just the circumstances the club has been put in over the past few years.

He wasn't even there before he left. Pretty sure he had a few boys take the pre season for him. Still couldnt see him making the same mistakes twice! Could he???

Timmy is it true that you are making a play for a small forward who used to play with the club in 05,06!!!!!!!!
Im pretty sure you are talking about Rob Comelli ??? He is currently in WA and took the year off footy , probably wont be back next year, but when he does , it will be with the Burras.

come on fella's the threads gone abit stale, someone has to have some interesting news?? who's recruiting who?? who's pissed off with who?? who has gone a bender since the end of season and put on 20 kgs?? who's banging who's missus??

someone has to have something

maybe we should bring back shane19 at least the thread was active then (dont take that literally shane we DONT want you back!) but seriously give us something

Ive put on 5 kilos, is that good enough?
i think you'll find lads this thread will get a bit busier around the jan/feb stage, for now its just boring

Hahaha are u serious? Forgot the incident at Hepburn pub before the 2006 season? You clown.
Dropped for finals again next year? When will you wake it up and move on to a club that will give you opportunity?

Yeah I did forget that. Not real sure what happened there though but it wasnt just hepburn lads boxing on amongst themselves... Havent I "woken up"?!

a mate told me ex north ballarat and redan player adam jenkins has knocked back a bit of coin at springbank too sign with ballan. will be very good pick up. anyone else got any news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back