Centrelink Law Reform Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong Location to attitude correlation

;)
Especially when talking (down) to someone who lives in Sydney's west.

Many over that way have an entrenched superiority complex.

they'll penetrate you without any lube

try to hide it and when you get a job tell 'em to **** off and hope they don't find out

-------------

I have a mate who was a bit stupid and moved in with his (then) girlfriend and for some reason they got a joint bank account when they both moved to melbourne (from Adelaide)

She was working full-time, he was in and out of work and recieving subsidised payments from C-Link (was reporting his income and he'd get less on the weeks he worked more ..etc)

Anyway, after 18 months of this arrangement, and right around the time the two of them broke up and started looking for seperate housing, C-Link call my mate and were basically

'Uhh.. why haven't you been declaring your partner's income?'
'Huh? What do you mean, I've reported all my earnings'
'But you haven't reported your partner's earnings.. we've been overpaying you for 18 months'
'What, you expected my partner to support me because I haven't found full-time work?'
'yes'

Long story short, he owes over $10,000 - apparently he wasn't entitled to anything because of how much his (then) girlfriend earned. It's ******* stupid.
Never get a girlfriend when you are unemployed, now I have justification for those mates that have pressured me to get into a relationship with one of their peers whilst I have been single and struggling to find work.

My personal experiences being on the dole is that the leeches called 'Job Network Agencies' are a bigger drain on the taxpayer than the unemployed themselves.

For those which haven't lived through the process, they are basically places where you go to waste your time; they give some pretty low level tips on how to write your resume and what to do for a job interview in an interactive seminar. I got sat down for some interviews with them where they ticked boxes and told me they would match me up with some potential employers; but that never happened. Aside from that you were made to come in three times a week to use their facilities to look for jobs. In my case, my training and work experience was in the games industry, and they blocked all relevant INDUSTRY and individual game COMPANY pages under 'entertainment', even though they were no such thing. Same thing with related fields such as production and film. I lodged a complaint about this, but they just shrugged and told me to 'apply for those jobs at home'. So I spent these hours applying for jobs I wasn't qualified for, ensuring everyone's time was wasted to full potential.

That in itself isn't worthy of complaint; after all its only fair to deal with bureaucracy when you're on the dole. But the thing that stuck out to me was exactly how much money was being wasted on this non service. When someone gets a job they collect several thousand dollars, regardless on whether they actually did anything or not. Hell, the first time around I just stopped going once I got a job, and it took them a full two months before they bothered calling me to ask why I wasn't showing up. I told them I was employed months ago and the lady rudely muttered to herself 'its probably too late now' and hung up abruptly. I was happy they probably didn't get to collect their welfare for doing nothing but make finding employment harder; but the second time around they most definitely did. I got a job two days after Centrelink signed me up to one. I had found, applied, and interviewed beforehand, so the JNA got money for nothing in the most literal sense of the word. I had to give them my employers details too, which was mortifying as the last thing I wanted to do for a professional position was have a JNA or Centrelink contact them. I gave it to them though as Centrelink would have cut my payments off immediately, and I needed them until the job started.

TL;DR: Job Network Agencies get rich off government handouts without providing any worthwhile service to help the unemployed get jobs, and simply make a fortune on the natural churn of people losing and finding jobs on their own. If we need reform, this is where we'd genuinely save a fortune while leaving no one worse off.

spot on

the job network agencies are a disgrace and are a drain on taxpayers money

The MyGov has been a complete F up. Hopefully they fix it soon and the welfare system still needs to be overhauled.

Why the F is it so complicated especially in this day and age of internet and electronic databases?

a company that builds and maintains a website for the government know that if they stuff it up then they can ask the government for more money to fix the initial stuffup. if government chooses to cut there losses then im sure they have to pay out a substantial fee

win win for said company

Yeah makes it worse.
I dont need to be "set straight"....nor am i ignorant because you wish to bludge off the rest of us and hate the idea that is is now being made harder to do so.

In my time it has gone from repetitive strain injury, thru carpel tunnel syndrome and now mental health has rapidly become the excuse.

Go clean some toilets on $10 an hour and help yourself, instead of looking for sympathy and acceptance from a footy website because you think you might find like minded individuals where you might pick up some tips.

I've got no interest paying for your internet access so you can whinge and whine about how hard it is to screw the taxpayer.

The fact i have no say in it means my only solace comes from you finding it strangely difficult to access our taxes. Yeah, very strange isnt it.

Every dollar you wish to gouge is a dollar that a kid in hospital doesnt get access to.

i'll clen sum toylats 4 10 dorrar en haer afta u suk mi bels for 10 dorrar?

eifer wai u gnna haf 2 suk mi bels ivf u eva wnt ur moni bak.

a company that builds and maintains a website for the government know that if they stuff it up then they can ask the government for more money to fix the initial stuffup. if government chooses to cut there losses then im sure they have to pay out a substantial fee

win win for said company

The phrase i use most is ( and on my mygov 3 questions under the question WHY WAS THIS WEBSITE CHANGED ? , i answered ) - SO campaignerS CAN JUSTIFY THEIR JOBS

The MyGov has been a complete F up. Hopefully they fix it soon and the welfare system still needs to be overhauled.

Why the F is it so complicated especially in this day and age of internet and electronic databases?

I have been paying back C-Link for a loan I got a while ago, over xmas I got a bit slack wiith repayments but I know it's less than $100 left that I owe them...

Being trying to check how much my debt is through the mygov site and everytime I click anything on there it logs me out... So hadn't been able to check how much left I owe them and I didn't want to pay anything back in the meantime til I knew how much I had to..

Got an angry letter from them saying I've missed payments - Yeah well no s**t, that's because I have no idea how to check how much left I have to pay (turns out its $23... )

I've been doing all my Centrelink stuff through the mobile app, just cant access the website. :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

win win for said company

So sad the government can't even be trusted with procurement

I have been paying back C-Link for a loan I got a while ago, over xmas I got a bit slack wiith repayments but I know it's less than $100 left that I owe them...

Being trying to check how much my debt is through the mygov site and everytime I click anything on there it logs me out... So hadn't been able to check how much left I owe them and I didn't want to pay anything back in the meantime til I knew how much I had to..

Got an angry letter from them saying I've missed payments - Yeah well no s**t, that's because I have no idea how to check how much left I have to pay (turns out its $23... )

I couldn't believe that you need a medical bill to update your address for Medicare. Surely there are better questions to ask.

Mind you banks ask ridiculous questions these days.

Pay us all back our $23.
Today.

If you dont take your obligations seriously try not to blame anyone but yourself.

Pay us all back our $23.
Today.

If you dont take your obligations seriously try not to blame anyone but yourself.

get f*cked mate - I said I tried multiple times to check how much I had left to pay and I couldn't because their stupid website wasn't working properly....

I knew they'd eventually send me a letter, which they did, which showed I had $23 left and I paid it the other day

damn u bollox. I jst wnt owt n postad mi 500 dorrar utiliti reliev grent. I wuz gonna tri pai it misalf ferst but damn u!

I onli 22yz old so suk my belz, u onli haf urself to fank. So fank urself for paen mi powa bil u shroo cant.

Elso u pai 700 for ker rago? Lel suk my belz cant... 350 a yeer wif penshona konseshun.

Started an application for it, sent in employment seperation certificate and all required documents to get payments started, computer records still say I haven't sent in required paperwork. Stuff ups of that nature on a regular basis is not what you expect from an organisation as important as that.

Thankfully I found work just before I needed the money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back