CFC 2014 Membership survey (check your inbox)

Remove this Banner Ad

Those members of us would have received a membership survey over the last day or so.

It asks a bunch of questions about how you feel about the club, the match day experience, the sponsors, etc, etc.

Did you fill yours out?

No, because I opted out of all email communications from the club. They were the worst spammers I had, every second day trying to get me to buy something and sending me something else on every other day. I don't have time to read it all, so it all went.

No, because I opted out of all email communications from the club. They were the worst spammers I had, every second day trying to get me to buy something and sending me something else on every other day. I don't have time to read it all, so it all went.

Ah yes, they asked about that in the survey :p

Those members of us would have received a membership survey over the last day or so.

It asks a bunch of questions about how you feel about the club, the match day experience, the sponsors, etc, etc.

Did you fill yours out?
I thought it was crap, maybe I am missing the point....It seemed to me they were just telling me this is what was happening from what I supposedly said...?

I thought it was crap, maybe I am missing the point....It seemed to me they were just telling me this is what was happening from what I supposedly said...?
I would love to know more. We only purchase 5 memberships a year...

Went to the junk box.
As all advertising does.

I guess these surveys are compromised to some extent ... The club isn't going to get many responses saying "I never read CFC emails, they go straight to my junk box"

Saw the email but haven't had a chance to fill it out yet, I think it said in the blurb that it will take around 20 minutes to complete and I didn't have that much time to spare at work yesterday but will get onto it next week. I wonder if the club will be transparent and publish the results so that we all can see what the general membership thinks. The AFL does this through their membership surveys and it drives some of their changes - what the AFL does isn't always as random as it may seem and as I participate in their focus group surveys, I can see the direct link to what the voice of the fan is saying from the angle/direction of their surveys. Let's hope the Collingwood Football Club is similarly engaged with its members to do the same.

Did you fill yours out?

I filled in mine, love a good survey.

Just like DinoSoar I'm hoping the club uses the surveys as a real tool and not just something to spruik about how they connect to their members

Yep, done.

I suggested they contract Bucks to a 10 year deal and that Eddie should be offered the Presidency for Life
I suggested that the Presidents position should be rotational.
The Collingwood BF board shall appoint the President each year with a Poll.
I vote for @ObeseArachnid for 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggested that the Ponsford stand should be for the Collingwood cheer squad (all 30,000 of them) and the rest of the G (including the MCC stand) can be for our corporates.
;)

I have done my duty and filled in the survey. My natural inclination is not to do surveys - I think it is down to inertia - but given the situation we are in at Pieland, and the howling coming from the massed voices of the Magpie Army, I think it is only fair and responsible, as a member, to give them feedback. I hope it results in some change. And for about the 10th time, I offered to return my (Legends) reserved seat in the Ponsford, as I have only used it once or twice in 4 years (I sit in the MCC members for games). I am one of those who (reluctantly) contribute to the Ponsford vacancies.

I have done my duty and filled in the survey. My natural inclination is not to do surveys - I think it is down to inertia - but given the situation we are in at Pieland, and the howling coming from the massed voices of the Magpie Army, I think it is only fair and responsible, as a member, to give them feedback. I hope it results in some change. And for about the 10th time, I offered to return my (Legends) reserved seat in the Ponsford, as I have only used it once or twice in 4 years (I sit in the MCC members for games). I am one of those who (reluctantly) contribute to the Ponsford vacancies.

Vicky Vicky Vicky.....

You weren't contacted by the club as part of the mailout discussed here?

You weren't contacted by the club as part of the mailout discussed here?

No I wasnt, I think that contact was for those holding reserved seats in the targeted area of the Ponsford (where the club wants to concentrate the cheer squad and active members area).

The club has previously advised that they cant realocate my unused MCG seat as it is tied to my Legends membership. My Legends card gives me access to that seat and to a reserved Etihad seat, which I use; plus access to a GF ticket, which I hope to use again soon.:D

It is apparently not a straightforward matter for them to 'decouple' the Ponsford seat from the Legends package.

I am an AFL club support member and the only surveys I have ever been asked to complete are ones sent out by the AFL. They seem to have been more of a PR exercise for the AFL.
I buy a reserved seat for the Collingwood (MCG) games I go to (have to as no such things as walk-up for our games), I wouldn't mind if the seats we are given are in the Ponsford Stand to fill it up, in fact I would prefer it as sometimes you can end up sitting next to some real opposition nutters..

My biggest gripes are: Etihad games, fixturing and the cheersquad.
Etihad is a pathetic place to play footy and I hate it with a passion; our supporters don't turn up either - it does our crowd figures no good.
The fixture this year was terrible. Too many Sunday twilight games... and Sunday night? Stupidity at its best.
Also our cheersquad is easily the worst and least passionate in the league. There is no structure to it and it looks very sad at most games.

My biggest gripes are: Etihad games, fixturing and the cheersquad.
Etihad is a pathetic place to play footy and I hate it with a passion; our supporters don't turn up either - it does our crowd figures no good.
The fixture this year was terrible. Too many Sunday twilight games... and Sunday night? Stupidity at its best.
Also our cheersquad is easily the worst and least passionate in the league. There is no structure to it and it looks very sad at most games.

How would you think if we offered a deal to the AFL that we play every home game at the MCG (so go from 9 MCG + 2 Etihad to 11 MCG + 0 Etihad) in exchange for playing an extra away game interstate?

How would you think if we offered a deal to the AFL that we play every home game at the MCG (so go from 9 MCG + 2 Etihad to 11 MCG + 0 Etihad) in exchange for playing an extra away game interstate?
Agreed. We can play North Melbourne in Tassie..

I always make the effort to fill this out because I'm generally dissatisfied with the corporate and artificial match day experience. It is the only opportunity to let the club know my feelings. Not that I expect a positive change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back