CFMEU

Remove this Banner Ad

mottrain

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
So shithead in control Mr John Sekt has wished death to a person who was sick at a time when he was engaging in a heated debate apparently over ironically 'work safety.' Considering this union is seen and also has a glaring record as almost regularly engaging in criminal conduct should measures be taken that go beyond the current level to stop stuff like this happening as often as it does?

The guise of 'workplace safety' often being bought in to justify their prohibited behaviours is a simple smokescreen to try to cover their other activities. With the Royal Commission investigating into the activities of this union it seems some action needs to be taken to try and deal with them. It is also noticeable that the Labor Party pretty much makes no comments on them, their behaviour and their links.

Should stronger action be taken against this troubling union?

So shithead in control Mr John Sekt has wished death to a person who was sick at a time when he was engaging in a heated debate apparently over ironically 'work safety.' Considering this union is seen and also has a glaring record as almost regularly engaging in criminal conduct should measures be taken that go beyond the current level to stop stuff like this happening as often as it does?
Took me a while to find the story, as you provided no link, or correct name.

John Setka.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...spute-court-told/story-fni0fee2-1227024225522

“I saw Setka punching the windscreen because I was really focused on Setka at the time. The van was shaking left to right.”

Mr Brinzi said Mr Setka made more threats as he retreated.

“John Setka said the words: ‘I hope you die of your cancer’ - I had cancer at the time.

But under cross examination from CFMEU barrister Rachel Doyle, Mr Brinzi was shown photographs from the day of the blockade on Footscrayin August 2012.

Ms Doyle said the series did not show the van being surrounded.

She put it to Mr Brinzi that he had “exaggerated” his account of the incident.

Having now read the story, I know why you didn't want to provide a link.

• Banned
The CFMEU is a disgraceful organisation creating bad reputations for the large majority of unions out there who do the right thing and fight legally for their workers rights. I hope they get torn into pieces and dismantled beyond repair at the same time Grollo is dismantled for its illegal practices.

All a bunch of crooks, just on different sides.

The CFMEU is a disgraceful organisation creating bad reputations for the large majority of unions out there who do the right thing and fight legally for their workers rights. I hope they get torn into pieces and dismantled beyond repair at the same time Grollo is dismantled for its illegal practices.

All a bunch of crooks, just on different sides.

agree

unfortunately they certainly frame my reference when I think of unions.

and agree again re grollo and WA equivalents

The CFMEU is rotten to the core, but then again GROCON deserves to be thrown into the same fire as the CFMEU leaders, crooked mafia who have shown no respect for human life.

Looking forward to the civil payouts for the Swanston St deaths, will cost Grocon tens of millions and they won't be covered for public liability as they have been found guilty of a criminal act which lead to the deaths.

Unions are corrupt, business is corrupt, politicians are corrupt, people are corrupt...Some areas are worse than others, but it's pretty widespread.

Some Unions are corrupt. CFMEU are low lifes.

However I intend to protest with the Ambos AEAV this coming week to show support for their cause. No sure if I've heard of corruption coming out of that Union as yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unions are necessary, unfortunately they're often hijacked by corrupt, power seeking criminals who call themselves "leaders".

agree

unions have an important role to play but reform is required to turn this from concept to reality

Some Unions are corrupt. CFMEU are low lifes.

However I intend to protest with the Ambos AEAV this coming week to show support for their cause. No sure if I've heard of corruption coming out of that Union as yet.
Pretty sure ambos would struggle to fit in corruption, it's hard enough for them to find time for a break and a feed.

Probably simultaneously the most and least respected profession in the country, it's all the worst parts of being a doctor/nurse, combined with the worst parts of being a cop, and for all their efforts they receive a fraction of the salary and conditions they deserve. Good luck to them!

The cfmeu, on the other hand, seems rotten enough to keep me from wanting to work in any industry related to them, all on their own. Have heard a lot about them, and I feel sorry for both the workers that are supposedly represented by them, and equally for employers who have to deal with them (wasn't there a news topic recently about one union head who wanted a developer to hire his mates/relatives, and was threatening all kinds of things if he didn't hire them?)

Just look for the unions with a high Scottish influence and you know it will be colourful.

Nothing makes me smile more than hearing the chant "Australian jobs for Australian people" in a Scottish accent.

What do they actually mean? Do they really mean white people?

What do you mean?
If someone has an accent, they can't be Australian?

I see them as no more, and no less, Australian than the immigrants coming here on PR visas.

I wonder if they think it is a colour of skin thing or a time ranking thing......"I'm more Australian than you, cause I came here first"

honestly, I would love to know what they mean

Pretty sure ambos would struggle to fit in corruption, it's hard enough for them to find time for a break and a feed.

Probably simultaneously the most and least respected profession in the country, it's all the worst parts of being a doctor/nurse, combined with the worst parts of being a cop, and for all their efforts they receive a fraction of the salary and conditions they deserve. Good luck to them!

The cfmeu, on the other hand, seems rotten enough to keep me from wanting to work in any industry related to them, all on their own. Have heard a lot about them, and I feel sorry for both the workers that are supposedly represented by them, and equally for employers who have to deal with them (wasn't there a news topic recently about one union head who wanted a developer to hire his mates/relatives, and was threatening all kinds of things if he didn't hire them?)

Probably, its called nepotism. Some Unions & some Businesses & some politicians, some local Governments do it.
Its wrong & a disgrace & should be exposed each time it happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back