Chad Cornes (Past Players)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Chad Cornes??

Missed the sticky about the fantasy games i see.

Chad will play until his knee falls off. He'll be assessed at the end of the year or until we're no longer mathematical chances to make finals

Ford, please move this thread to its proper spot. thanks.

Re: Team Round 14

Wot's the deal with Chad, is it a serious injury or jss a 1 week thing? With his injuries throught out the year and you guys playing kids is it likely he'll play much more this year? any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Team Round 14

Scans on chad's knee showed not much difference from 3 years ago so chances are nothing will happen on that side until the end of the year

He was playing through the finger injury so i don't think that'll keep him out any more, especially now that he has 2 weeks to rest it

His shoulder should be ok

His calf strain should be ok after a couple of weeks as well.

All in all, he should play in 2 weeks time, but with our "play the kids" motto now i'm not too sure. If he's not back by round 15 probably worth off-loading him.

35 Chad Cornes

11-02-2009054.jpg

Re: Chad Cornes???

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338140

Also here's Ports lineup for tomorrows NAB cup clash. It includes Chad Cornes so that would be a fair indication.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/72368/default.aspx

Plus this from The Australian

"Williams pointed to players such as former captain Warren Tredrea, Chad Cornes, Salopek, Robbie Gray and Nathan Krakouer, who were at near-career-best fitness levels, he claimed."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25084383-5012432,00.html

I guess these posts will wind up in the Chad thread on the Club 1870 board as per the first link I posted.

"Williams pointed to players such as former captain Warren Tredrea, Chad Cornes, Salopek, Robbie Gray and Nathan Krakouer, who were at near-career-best fitness levels, he claimed."

^I call choco talking absolute bullshit. As much as I would love Sal to be at peak fitness, I'm pretty sure he has had the most limited pre-season, by far, our of anyone in our top 30 players.

#35 CHAD CORNES

31 / 192 / 92

238933.jpg

SANFL Stats:
Games: 6
Disposals: 115
Disposal Efficiency: 72.2
Marks: 36
Clearances: 6
Tackles: 12
Inside50: 20
Rebound50: 7
Goals: 6
Best Players: 2

VOTES:
BigFooty: 96 (10th)
Port: 4 (=16th)
Macca19: 33 (20th)

AFL Stats:
Games: 9
Disposals: 126
Disposal Efficiency: 79.3
Marks: 47
Contested Marks: 15
Clearances: 3
Tackles: 19
Inside50: 22
Rebound50: 5
Contested Possession: 54
Goals: 10
Goal Assists: 4
Best Players: 8

Notes:
* 6th Disposal Efficiency
* 4th Contested Marks
* 10th Goals

2011 was Chads last year at the Port Adelaide Football Club. He played just the 9 games for the year, spent significant time in the SANFL and announced his “retirement” during the year. He played his last game in the loss against Collingwood in Round 20.

After a big pre season, Chad was left out of the side for Round 1, but came straight in for Round 2 against West Coast. He picked up 5 marks and 2 goals in a good display up forward. He followed that up with a near best on ground effort against Geelong with 8 big arks and a goal. His form after the Geelong game tapered off and he was dropped after the North Melbourne game in Round 6.

He played 6 games at SANFL level mid year before coming back into the Power line up for the Saints game in Round 16. He was best on ground against Melbourne in Round 17 with 17 touches and 3 goals, and was good – as usual – in the Showdown with 8 marks and 2 goals.

Chad retired the next week after the Collingwood match, ending a fantastic career at our club. At his best he was one of the best and most versatile players in the competition, capable of playing in any position on the ground with class. It looks likely that Chad will spend his retirement at GWS and no doubt everyone at the club wishes him the best.

2aiok8g.jpg

Previous History
2002 – 6th
2003 – 19th
2004 – 5th
2005 – 3rd
2006 – 6th
2007 – 1st
2008 – 11th
2009 – 12th
2010 – 19th

Named on the centre wing for his first hit out with GWS.

Will be tough seeing him in different colours, but wish him all the best.

Doesnt really matter where players are named on the field these days, they often dont play where they are named.

Will be interesting to see how he goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's playing exactly where I wanted us to play him last year - as a big bodied midfielder. I think he will have a great year and prove that he's definitely still AFL quality. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for them, even if it is in different colours. I'm happy he's been given a lifeline.

He's playing exactly where I wanted us to play him last year - as a big bodied midfielder. I think he will have a great year and prove that he's definitely still AFL quality. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for them, even if it is in different colours. I'm happy he's been given a lifeline.

I really hope he has a good year to prove wrong all the people who say youth is more important than form

Interesting article. Has sly digs at the way he was treated at Port, but seems to have more vitriol at the situation and certain people than at the club itself. I'm sure he still has a huge place in his heart for PAFC.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...t-western-sydney/story-fn864omr-1226308701079

Cornes is still confused about the reason he was continually kept out of the team last year, about why he fell so out of favour.

"I'm not exactly sure what it was," he said, "they wanted to go down a different path of youth and that's something that I understand but there were some other things that frustrated me."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...t-western-sydney/story-fn864omr-1226308701079

I just wish he would let it go now. The horse is not only dead, its skeleton is part of the fossil record.

In the print edition of the tiser he talks fondly of all the support he received from Port fans throughout last year and how it helped sustain him.

It would be a shame if he eroded that goodwill by continually commenting negatively about the end of his time at Port.

The horse isn't even close to being dead... he hasn't stepped foot on a footy field (for premiership points) this year. If he has a stellar season, then a lot of people will be looking at Port Adelaide in a "so why'd you go and do that, then?" way, and deservedly so.

If he has a below average year, the flipside will happen - Port Adelaide will finally be free of the "you treated a club champion poorly" stigma. So whether he plays for another team or not - how he goes will still impact this club, whether you like it or not.

The horse I was referring to was the issue of Chad's last year at Port. Not sure by your comments if you think I was referring to the player, I would not speak so ungraciously of the person or his career.

But I think there is nothing to be gained by responding to media enquiries over that final year. For one I wish him well in this final phase of his career and would prefer if he looked ahead to what he can give to GWS rather than looking back at what he believes some at Port took away from him.

If people want to continue the irresolvable empty debate they can. My point is though he is burning the goodwill of those very fans that he thanked for supporting him through that last year by continuing to cast aspersions at the club for his perceived treatment.

missed a few games with a calf injury but so far has probably been GWS best player this year. Might even get a nomination for AA if he keeps it up.

(mod note: removed gibe at Primus)

Constantly in their best, protecting and mentoring their younger players coming through That would have been handy last year.

Chad has as many wins playing for GWS this year as Port Adelaide do.

(mod note: cleaned for continuity)

I'm not sure how a player who is playing predominately as a loose defender and has the highest number of outright clanger kicks in the entire team would be of any use to us, let alone a good example to our younger players coming through.

Has been a rock in defence for GWS, has a high clanger count but would expect that with the amount of the ball he is getting. Has been in their bests most weeks and would be high in GWS B&F

GWS vs Richmond:

Chad Cornes
23 touches (10 contested)
8 marks
74% DE
9 1%ers

GWS only lose by 12 points.

Next two games without Chad Cornes in the side:

Lose to Melbourne by 78 points.
Lose to Sydney by 94 points.

He helps their younger players by taking the pressure off them and letting them develop their game.

(mod note: removed Primus discussion)

Chad Cornes is now a past player that has been performing well for GWS.

The argument about whether it was the right decision to let him go has been had elsewhere and there'd be plenty of threads on Primus' ability as coach to bump on the main board. Club 1870 is designed to be a repository of player news, clips, what they're up to post AFL, etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back